Reviews for A Beater's Life
Cordelia McGonagall chapter 4 . 11/30/2017
Ah! You have Rose as a Seer. I wrote a story that had her as one as well, and Scorpius. I’ve pulled it to make it a multi-chap and finish...well. :) Eventually.
What I like about this so far is we have a fast-living playboy that is quite believable, not a fantasy projection nor a self-loathing destructive force that also seems to be a trope out there. And again, you do the fan fiction world a service and write male characters that seek out female friendships, and there isn’t enough of that pleasant circumstance in this space either. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Cordelia McGonagall chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
You always do such a sparkling job writing parent/child dialogue. Really. You can feel the fog of James’ bemused immaturity, and Harry’s love commingled with frustration.

Also pockets in which one may stuff a bra are also magic, obviously. :)
LWJ2 chapter 26 . 4/21/2015
Chs. 1-26
I enjoyed this, it's paced well and holds the reader's attention. Thanks for writing and sharing it.
cristina chapter 26 . 12/13/2014
I am do glad you finished this story! You are my favorite author. I'm really glad you tied up do many stories but I hope it doesn't mean you're done.
By Another Name chapter 26 . 12/8/2014
Quite lovely. Its a real love story in both the story you told and the way you told it, even if it was hard at times.
langeline chapter 26 . 12/7/2014
are you kidding? you put in draco, u put in everyone. professionally written... some rough parts smoothed over and it'll be a book worth re-reading and re-reading. there were many spots in the book where i caught myself marvelling at how exceptionally good you are. you belong to the top league of ff writers with this.
Dad chapter 26 . 12/6/2014
This is a wonderful end to a great family story. Wally is still my hero.
jadely31 chapter 26 . 12/5/2014
I loved this story, and how James changed so much. These interconnected stories are great and you keep continuity between them. Thanks for spending so much time producing this work and I hope to see another endeavor of your soon.
I'mSiriuslyAmazing chapter 26 . 12/5/2014
That was a beautiful ending. I have been following this story for some time now and never got a chance to review, but after all the effort you had put into this story I just had to. I love James and Allie. They make such a sweet couple. And the whole story was well put together. I will miss this story.
jamelia116 chapter 26 . 12/5/2014
I so enjoy all of the Professor Muggle stories. This one was a long time coming, it's true, but it has definitely been worth the wait.

One slight bobble I think I need to point out: If the twins were born on Halloween 2032, Natalie must have been REALLY premature to be born in January 2033. I think you meant 2034, didn't you?

Thanks again for a wonderful story.
By Another Name chapter 25 . 12/1/2014
That's one worry solved, now on to the next one. The writing really absorbs a reader into a different world. Well done.
L.A.P chapter 25 . 11/30/2014
Great chapter! Now here's an idea, Morsgail Forest wins the league and qualifies for the top tier. James stays with them and makes his comeback in the BIQL against Puddlmere.
jadely31 chapter 25 . 11/30/2014
Ooh, what a cliffie! And away he went. Thanks for a good chapter, keep up the good work.
L.A.P chapter 24 . 10/27/2014
BOOM! A Peter Forsberg, Teemu Selänne, Rocky like hard work come back by James Potter! Bring it on Jamie!
By Another Name chapter 24 . 10/27/2014
How sweet! Lots of changes to what they thought was going to happen, but that's life and they'll have to get used to it. Awesomeness all around.