Reviews for The Princess of Ev
judygumm chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Interesting story. I'm very curious about Princess Langwidere and where she got those heads.
Morgan chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
This is absolutely awesome!
happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
That has got to be the creepiest Oz story I've ever read. It might have been slightly improved if you had given Langwidere's uncle a name. (He was never named in the original story so you would have been free to make one up.) It's an excellent origin story to one of Oz's most mysterious villain. I just had to go back to my copy of Return to Oz to see again the Mombi/Langwidere hybrid. I suppose the poor mad girl is still living in the Royal Palace in isolation.
Thumbtax chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
This is great! It's so cool to see some background for this character, and I really like all the detail you put in it.
The Lost Hibiki chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
It's clever and a little cruel, an insightful look into Langwidere's past and why she is the way she is.
Elizabeth Culmer chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
This is deliciously creepy and cool. I love how Langwidere doesn't start out as a bad person, but her lack of contact with normal people, her uncle's example, and the rules of her own magic shape her into a person who regards the rest of the world's population more as a source of potential heads (or fleeting annoyances) than as people in their own right. I also like her ambiguous relationship to the heads - the way she treats them somewhat like pampered pets and somewhat like pieces of herself - and how each head changes her personality (and skin! how neat!) while she wears it, though something essentially Langwidere remains underneath the overlay.
Readasaur chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Oh, I love your take on these characters!
...It's honestly pretty scary.