Reviews for The Princess of Ev
XX-Goth-Gal chapter 1 . 6/14
Fits the character perfectly! and adds some much needed back story to a very unique person. not evil like mombi from return to oz, just apart from reality and wanting only herself, all of herselves and to be left with them. Nice touch about the skin changing to match the heads, it made the almost surreal imagery much more like the heads were a part of her and had influance, but the body was still the princess no matter the head she wears.
judygumm chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Interesting story. I'm very curious about Princess Langwidere and where she got those heads.
Morgan chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
This is absolutely awesome!
happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
That has got to be the creepiest Oz story I've ever read. It might have been slightly improved if you had given Langwidere's uncle a name. (He was never named in the original story so you would have been free to make one up.) It's an excellent origin story to one of Oz's most mysterious villain. I just had to go back to my copy of Return to Oz to see again the Mombi/Langwidere hybrid. I suppose the poor mad girl is still living in the Royal Palace in isolation.
Thumbtax chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
This is great! It's so cool to see some background for this character, and I really like all the detail you put in it.
The Lost Hibiki chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
It's clever and a little cruel, an insightful look into Langwidere's past and why she is the way she is.
Elizabeth Culmer chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
This is deliciously creepy and cool. I love how Langwidere doesn't start out as a bad person, but her lack of contact with normal people, her uncle's example, and the rules of her own magic shape her into a person who regards the rest of the world's population more as a source of potential heads (or fleeting annoyances) than as people in their own right. I also like her ambiguous relationship to the heads - the way she treats them somewhat like pampered pets and somewhat like pieces of herself - and how each head changes her personality (and skin! how neat!) while she wears it, though something essentially Langwidere remains underneath the overlay.
Readasaur chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Oh, I love your take on these characters!
...It's honestly pretty scary.