Reviews for Teen Talent Radio
stormyskies73 chapter 2 . 5/5/2014
What is it with me and gay pairings from the 50s? I love this!
1gleefan chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
This is just the sweetest thing.
OneTwoOne chapter 2 . 11/18/2012
Awwh! This is so adorable! I love how innocent Blaine is. I hope to read more in this verse!
TheShrimpyGleek chapter 2 . 11/17/2012
AAAAH! So cute! :) I love 50's klaine, it's one of my favourite AUs. Are you thinking of continuing this at all?
Closed For Business chapter 2 . 11/16/2012
So adorable! I loved the timelessness of it, how even though it's set in 1950's, change a few words and it could easily be set in 2012.

Just a small thing though, in the first chapter, it talks about Tina's Chinese heritage...well, Jenna's actually Korean. But that's literally the only flaw in this masterpiece.
Eponime chapter 2 . 11/16/2012
I adore this. That chapter was fantastic, especially seeing Kurt a little bit vulnerable and romantic, and Blaine a bit more confident. :) looking forward to reading more! The carnations were a good idea. :)
08trekker chapter 2 . 11/15/2012
Awww, adorable! I loved this chapter, great job!
BlurtItAllOut chapter 2 . 11/15/2012
I'm so glad you've chosen to add more to this!

It's like a reverse canon, where Kurt here can be somewhat of a mentor to Blaine - ease him into a gay community, giving him food for thought about how to imagine and live out his future.

But they still remain adorably cute together on their date.

I like how you show us historical tidbits - like the knock to be able to enter the secret club. Is Sandy a real club, or a name you just came up with?
Nightingale63 chapter 2 . 11/14/2012
I am so glad to see more of this charming story! Love it. Kurt's frank conversation with Blaine, showing the choices he's made, and his decision to live as honestly as possible in the confines of the social circumstances, is so poignant. They are, of course, adorable together.
Thaliana chapter 2 . 11/14/2012
OMG! I don't know HOW I missed the alert for the first part of this, but I am SO happy that I didn't miss the second! This is fantastic! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write more!
Nightingale63 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I love this, and am so honored at what you wrote for me! (I'm so verklempt at how my earlier review didn't land - I wrote one the night this came out, and I see it isn't there, when I came to look at this again. You can imagine my horror!)
Love the 50s vibe, which I think you capture so well. I can almost hear Kurt's delivery of his lines as announcer, done in over the top vintage style (somehow reminding me of The Brave Little Toaster). Blaine is a fanboy of that age, and lives to hear his idol. I do love Tina as his best friend and confidant (which is what I thought would happen in season 4; why it didn't, I haven't a clue). Their bond is special, and her confidence in him is so sweet. I like the dynamic you've set up with Blaine and his father in this scenario; gentler than most of those we see. Here we see a dad who's more of the benign neglect variety. He doesn't persecute Blaine for his sexuality because he doesn't know about it.
Blaine's resignation, that he'll have to find some girl he likes well enough, marry and have kids with, is true to the time and place too. Not knowing how to make it work, he figures it just won't. Ever. Except in his dreams, featuring Kurt Hummel of course.
I love the duet in the studio. The circumstances leading up to it, again, so 50s, with the girl embarrassed by getting sick from her pregnancy, and everyone is callous about it. Blaine probably isn't able to give it much thought, distracted as he is by Kurt, who flirts with him during and before the duet.
Kurt's sly way of inviting Blaine out that night, surmising he's found a gay young man not so unlike himself, is in keeping with the story so beautifully. Kurt is fully out - as himself, a fabulous performer. But he has to keep his personal life far away from the spotlight.
I do really hope you continue. This story's unique vintage vibe is so good, and there's so much drama inherent in the setup (not to mention lovely vintage music). If so, please keep Tina as an important character. This is so well done, we can't help but beg for more!
The Colfer Who Flew chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Ooh, I really like this! I adore Vintage!Klaine...
lucy641 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Please please please post more chapters of this story. Pretty please. Love the concept
cloverintherain chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Loved this. You should absolutely continue it!
electrictoes chapter 1 . 10/27/2012