Reviews for Changes
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 6 . 1/31
Excellent final chapter. Enjoyed Willie's scenes with Vicki and Roger. How funny that the entire Collins clan watched him depart the Great House. And I laughed when Willie thought it was disturbing that Barnabas used to watch people in their bedrooms through his portrait. Very good story.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 5 . 1/30
It's nice that the days Willie suffered through off-camera when he released Barnabas from his coffin is getting properly explored. Enjoyed his run-in with Burke at the Blue Whale. It's nice that in the show, as well as here, Jason was honestly concerned for him. Dennis Patrick and John Karlen were terrific in those episodes, and you did the characters right in that, both with the drama, as well with your humor. The little girl mistaking Willie as a zombie was hilarious. Barnabas sure does run hot and cold with him. One minute he seems to be a harmless eccentric, the next he's either beating him or sucking his blood. (Or both.) And poor Willie having to dispose that innocent girl. That whole ending was heart-wrenchingly well done.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 4 . 1/29
Very emotional, Willie struggling to find the right words for forgiveness, and having him painfully relive all the punk mistakes he had made. Nice nightmare sequence. Looking forward to more.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 3 . 1/28
Very raw chapter. Poor Willie, his life has now changed forever.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 2 . 1/27
Very good! I love this! I like how you're writing the Barnabas/Willie relationship, and this Barnabas is pretty cool so far. I like how you describe his supernatural hold over Willie. It's very funny that Willie thought he could bolt out of town - only to find himself at the farm where Barnabas ordered him to be. And yay for more Public Enemy references! But still, poor calf...
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 1 . 1/26
Very good start! Looking forward to Barnabas.
IBarnabas chapter 6 . 1/16
WOW! What a plot twist to see the caretaker gone! I was totally in shock! It plays into the story well, and makes a lot of sense as to how the coffin came to be in the Old House. This is incredible! I love the dialogue you have Barnabas speaking. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. His lines are so well-done! I am a huge fan of Frid-isms, and this story is very generous with them. This has to be my favorite part in the Willie series, and they've consistently gotten better and better as they've gone from one part to the next. I can't wait to begin number 5! You should really be proud of your work. It's absolutely fantastic.
Lynn Daniels chapter 2 . 1/16
Totally entertaining! Love the Monty Python reference!
IBarnabas chapter 4 . 1/14
My goodness. What a sad moment for him to have his life flash before him, and all that he could recall were regrets and horrible things. Such a sweet moment when he tried his best to pray. Such a humbling moment for Willie. Also, I forgot to mention earlier, I really love the way that Barnabas invades his thoughts. There is literally no safe place for Willie anywhere, not even in his own mind. He is truly a slave to this vampire. I can't even fathom how terrible this concept would be. Loved the scary dream as well. Makes me wonder, as he did in the series, if the nightmarish turn it took was induced by Barnabas. Such an emotional chapter. Very good!
IBarnabas chapter 3 . 1/14
Wow. Just wow. What a terrifying and hopeless dread Willie felt. Very great description of his aches and wounds. Such cruel treatment he goes through. Willie has always been unbridled as the horse simile suggests, and the way that he is broken so quickly really is a true testament to the harsh nature of a vampire. You've really captured this so well, and there's a lot of great description in your writing. Really enjoying this series!
IBarnabas chapter 2 . 1/14
Fantastic! Loved finding out how Barnabas acquired his clothing and retrieved his cane again! I always assumed that Willie must have stolen them, but this was much better and drawn out so well. REALLY love your Jonathan Frid dialogue. I can hear his deep voice with every line. Very imaginative at the farm as well. I loved how Barnabas made the cop that Willie murdered appear before him. That was genius! What a scary moment! This chapter was filled with great fan service, comedy, terror, and a great fun factor! Liking this series so much!
IBarnabas chapter 1 . 1/11
Cool! Now we get to see the blanks left by the show after Willie was away from Collinwood after being attacked! Very good premise for this part in the WL World Series! Love it!
Daryl Wor chapter 6 . 1/7/2014
Ah... that's a neat bit of Willie almost finishing 9th grade. With this I share something in common with your Willie. *applause* and I don't blame him. Public school is often a pile of puke. Though! I did manage to finish up my own way. Does Willie in the series? ;) If so, YAY! Nice Oscar Wilde reference. Thanks for the tale!
Daryl Wor chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
lol! Chilly Willie Radio Hour? That's a blast. Love the references, too. Hurrah! A little David Bowie into the fray! ha! Holy Grail, too? Nice one. :)
Eris128 chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
I really like Barnabas's characterization here! It really explains his actions clearly and in a manner that does not necessarily show him as being cruel. He sees Willie as an untamed horse (trying desperately to forget the phrase "refuse to be mounted". Bad brain, bad!) and I really like the connection between the two. He didn't see either one as an equal, and so he treats them the same. Oh, and can I applaud your use of the word "gazonkas"? XD