Reviews for Changes
Daryl Wor chapter 6 . 1/7
Ah... that's a neat bit of Willie almost finishing 9th grade. With this I share something in common with your Willie. *applause* and I don't blame him. Public school is often a pile of puke. Though! I did manage to finish up my own way. Does Willie in the series? ;) If so, YAY! Nice Oscar Wilde reference. Thanks for the tale!
Daryl Wor chapter 2 . 1/7
lol! Chilly Willie Radio Hour? That's a blast. Love the references, too. Hurrah! A little David Bowie into the fray! ha! Holy Grail, too? Nice one. :)
Eris128 chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
I really like Barnabas's characterization here! It really explains his actions clearly and in a manner that does not necessarily show him as being cruel. He sees Willie as an untamed horse (trying desperately to forget the phrase "refuse to be mounted". Bad brain, bad!) and I really like the connection between the two. He didn't see either one as an equal, and so he treats them the same. Oh, and can I applaud your use of the word "gazonkas"? XD
Eris128 chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
I like the idea that it was drunkenness plus Willie's natural stupidity that allowed Barnabas to get into his mind. Obviously, Roger was too smart to get conned like that (although he is pretty much permanently drunk XD). Wow, Willie's got a great memory for movies! I actually laughed out loud at the the thought of him speaking in a falsetto. I always wondered how a man as utterly sapped of energy as Willie seemed when he finally returned to the show was able to get cows for Barnabas like that. Finally, I love the idea of Barnabas using Willie's own memories and fears against him in order to make him stay like a good dog, I mean slave.
Eris128 chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Aw, poor Willie! I love the imagery you have here, with the melted candles and how Willie's flashlight dies right at the end of his prayer of contrition. Very spooky!
mad margaret chapter 6 . 7/21/2013
Thank you, sir. Years ago I was a features writer and assistant editor for a newspaper but prior to this collection, I haven't written anything for a long time. I was curious if you've read the other stories in this series, or just this one?
Eric chapter 6 . 7/18/2013
This is really well done. I write a column in a respected paper, so I assure you this ain't faint praise. You should be very proud of this.
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 6 . 6/23/2013
"Thank you so much," Mr. Collins said with his usual sardonic scowl as he stepped gingerly out of his splattered shoes". And you very much deserved it, Roger! :D i love the whole Willie dropping the coffin bit when they're tryign to move it, that bit has me in stitches! XD Congrats, your story is of official drinking age now, lol ;)
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
That last half of the chapter always gets me...I can't even use words to describe the helplessness that I feel through Willie Loomis
Guest chapter 6 . 6/22/2013
Love it! Keep it coming!
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 4 . 6/20/2013
*cringes at the last part* Oi! Poor Will!
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 3 . 6/20/2013
"He wanted to go to sleep and never wake up, but sleep would not come". Oh, I've been there...it is not pleasant by any means to not be able to sleep when you need it. *curls into a ball next to Willie* I'm scared of the dark too...we can be scared together...Onto the next, as they say on ghost hunters :)
pattie.hall.16 chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
love it,
ecinspired chapter 6 . 6/20/2013
I enjoyed your re-write!
sanpan chapter 6 . 6/20/2013
That was a nice conclusion, or as nice as it gets for Willie lol. Glad he's finally getting better and looks like the road is paved for more wacky vampire adventures.

Jason's a real jerk and I don't think he has any right to snap at Willie over the jewels but he wasn't a complete A-hole. As bad a friend as he is, Jason's still done his part, and he kept his word about the 500. Your Jason's quite the believable character.

And Roger's revenge sorry Willie but I grinned through it all. His speech was just so sassy and the pure douchery was practically radiating off him. I can't say Willie didn't deserve that but he sure deserves a break at this point- at least Mrs. J and Vicki are nice to him.

I find it hilarious that Barnabas adheres to driving laws. As always, he's still living in his own little word where his opinion is law. Willie'll have lots of "fun" renovating the house. And after all that crap, he's upset over no television. I've said it so many times and I'll say it again: BEST Willie ever. Great job on the fic- it was a fine black comedy and Willie's different stages of growth throughout your series are excellently done.