Reviews for Minerva's Perspective
AnnaRavenheart chapter 9 . 5/28/2013
This was absolutely brilliant. This chapter was really a wonderful ending. I love the short lines, despite the shortness they were enough to explain everything. I especially adored the 'Gryffindor recklessnes and 'Ravenclaws logic' part. Also, the fact Robert decided to join was brilliant. I adored this chapter, both lines and I really like the fact that I got to see Robert's response. Spotted no mistakes; wonderful job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 8 . 5/28/2013
Oh, I like the way Minerva describes Harry's affinity towards Dragons. Ha, it was really funny. Also, I love the fact Minerva is writing in codes. Dunno why, but those letters of yours made me imagine here like a slightly less cold person and I love it a lot. I spotted no mistakes, and I liked the chap.
AnnaRavenheart chapter 7 . 5/28/2013
Heh, I liked this letter. I could imagine Peeves pulling out the rug beneath Carrows' feet. It really made me laugh, hilarious. I also like the fact that Minerva is doing her best to help everyone and that you are emphasizing it in every letter. I liked the ending sentence and I really love when she signs herself like 'Minnie'. I spotted no mistakes, good job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 6 . 5/28/2013
I liked this chapter. It was funny at the beginning - I actually could imagine Minerva learning the secret codes :) - but then it turned out to be very sad. It's awful what happened at Hogwarts during those times and Minerva's fear and worries are really touching. I didn't spot any mistakes, good job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 5 . 5/28/2013
This letter was sad. I liked the way you wrote it, especially when you compared Minerva's love with Severus'. I also like how Minerva thought that he was always cold, but a good man. The last line, when she wrote that she is not sure how long she could do this, was really touching and emphasized the seriousness of the situation. Great job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
I liked this one and I loved how you wrote that Minerva was proud of Neville. He really deserved it. I also think it's funny Minerva noticed they must be in some kind of incestuous relationship, since I don't view her like a person who would pay attention to something like that. I spotted no mistakes, great job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
Hah, I liked this one. I actually could portray Minerva helping those students and teaching them spells. I especially loved this letter because of it. Also, it's funny how she still thinks about house points and favoritism during such time. I spotted no mistakes, great job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 2 . 5/28/2013
I liked this one. I actually think Minerva is really IC; at the same time she is afraid that something will happen to her students and is very proud of them. I liked this, and I especially like the facts that letters are decorticated to her brother, since I never read a fic where Minerva is in touch with her family before. I spotted no mistakes, good job!
AnnaRavenheart chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I liked this letter. I like how you described her fears and her feelings. I like how you emphasized the fact that she stayed to take care of her students. I didn't spot any mistakes, this chapter was short, but I liked it, I love the way you portrayed Minerva.
Kailey Hamilton chapter 9 . 1/13/2013
Yeah, this was more or less what I've been looking to read, so thanks for the recommendation! :)

So, first the bad news and then the good news...

I'd recommend getting this beta'd ASAP. This need editing on spelling/grammar/syntax and style.

The SPaG issues I noticed... Carrow's instead of Carrows. Some capitalization issues. Lightening should be Lightning. Small things like that, that could be corrected with a simple re-read.

The style detracts a lot from the story. McGonagall's actions are IC, but her voice doesn't seem hers. When I saw these were letters, I was expecting a lot of wit, for she's naturally witty and humorous and I think that's something that wouldn't go away on dark times. The letters were written in a cold, unfeeling manner, while Minerva is shown in the series to use humor, to make a difficult situation tolerable ("it unscrews the other way", anyone?)

She's also writing these letters to her baby brother, and while he's a grown adult, he's still someone she wouldn't want to unsettle. She's not affectionate, but she is deeply caring. She wouldn't lie to him, but I don't think her tale would be so revealing either. For example, I really doubt she'd tell him the names of students involved with the DA at all, or reveal too much about the DA itself, because she wouldn't risk to put them in danger if her letters were to be intercepted (and I believe the Carrows would intercept her letters before anyone else's.) She would never call them by their names either - always Longbottom, Weasley or Lovegood.

So that's it. The good news are that the characterization (other than the style) and canon-compliance were quite good, for I didn't see nothing wildly OoC. I felt that you were telling a tale instead of just posting separate letters, which was what worried me when I noticed this was an epistolary novel. The portrayal of Hogwarts during that year was really accurate (I particularly liked when she showed regret on giving a first year detention, when she found out about the punishments. That was quite heartbreaking.) I absolutely loved that it ended with Robert's response - that made me tear up a bit.

Overall nice job! :)
DarkDramaLady chapter 9 . 12/31/2012
I like how this is the one where we get to see Robert's reply.
DarkDramaLady chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
I never did think about the students left behind after Neville went in hiding. I always thought that Neville got all the students who needed out out first, and then he took care of the older students.
DarkDramaLady chapter 7 . 12/31/2012
That's such a sad line. "The Weasley's have officially gone into hiding" :/

Peeves! "Give her hell for us" I guess her also constitutes for them.

That's our stubborn little Minerva!
DarkDramaLady chapter 6 . 12/31/2012
Even Slytherins. I like you. You must be a fellow Slyth.

Aw, the little ones!
DarkDramaLady chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
Little do you know Minerva, little do you know.

LUNA