Reviews for The Savior's Hand
GraySkiesR chapter 4 . 3/27
I'd just like to let you know, that your Doctor Who episodes have been extremely good and true to the show. Heck there are some official Doctor Who TV episodes that are worse than the ones you have written here. And I've really enjoyed reading them.
It would be awesome to find out what happens to Ryan and why suns are exploding. But I see you haven't updated in year. Usually I get pretty upset about cliffhangers, but I know what it's like to lose interest in a project or story but just have your energy or motivation for it fade away. So if you have stopped updating, that's fine. But just in case I'll be following this story. After all, I wouldn't want to miss any more amazing writing.
TARDISBlueBox chapter 4 . 2/7
Hello! I have read a lot of your work for a while and I think it's great! I loved "That Which Holds The Image" and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this series. Do you plan on finishing it?
Rexan chapter 4 . 1/19
Ch. 1
Hm. That's the second time the phrase "I'll be damned" (To be more exact, "I will be damned" this time around.) has come up in these episodes. Has it been used in the show before? It doesn't feel quite Doctor Who-ey to me, especially with the Doctor saying it here. Gallagher said it last time.

Ch. 2
I think it'd be good if you reordered the following paragraph, because I first read Ryan's response as sarcasm:

"No, I'm sorry," said Ryan. It seemed his emotional reflex lately was to blame everything on the Doctor, and he knew that wasn't fair. "I'm just… I'm still exhausted from what happened in the compound. And now this, it's all - "

This next line I thought was written well:

still crumbling shell that had been his school.

I really, really like the word choice "shell."

un-sonic-ed

Ehehehe, I was just thinking of consistency 'cause, in the second episode, you wrote it "soniced," and I read it as "sawn-iced" (like frozen water ice) just about every time I came across it. Also, now that consistency's the topic, what about those hyphens at the end of cut-off quotes? In the first and second stories, there wasn't a space between the hyphen and the quote marks, and then in the third and this there is. Are you going to edit through and keep it consistent, or just keep it as-is? 'Cause I know that sometimes there have been mild changes with punctuation similar to that between books in a series together.

Ooooh! Phew! Huge relief: Ryan's dad /isn't/ dead! Reading the first chapter for the first time, I thought Ryan's dad was holding his son's Uni results and thought Mr. Murphy was gonna get blown up, so I was really not looking forward to seeing the results of that explosion.

Upon rereading the part that made me think that, though, I noticed two things: 1) No literal present person was actually mentioned – only an envelope – so I read that paragraph too quickly. 2) I thought you were referring to Ryan's dad on the first read through because you wrote "Mr Murphy," and I don't think you've ever referred to Ryan that way before, and it would make sense that a "Mr Murphy" would mean his dad. I've read books before in which characters are referred to by first and last name every time they're mentioned, and it's not disrupting at all ('cause I only noticed both names got used my second read through in those books), so there's no reason to be scared of writing full names. :D

Ch. 3
Um, now you're calling the planet with the Nothing "Cantare." That's the third spelling (and pronunciation) you've given it. Next bit's a quote from the chapter:

He got out and dried himself, leaving his clothes in a pile on the bathroom floor where he hoped his mother would throw them away so he'd never have to lay eyes on them ever again.

That was a very long sentence - felt like it was rushed out in a single breath. I mean, you could've been going for breathlessness. With nothing physically exciting actually happening, though, nothing fast-paced, it just feels needlessly long. Cutting it into two sentences, giving it another comma or rewording it so you can work a semicolon in would probably help. I mean, /something/ that cuts it up.

And through the whole fic, I'm assuming you'd like to spell Edward Whilhelm's name with the two h's since his name without the first "h" only pops up three times versus 18 to the other.

I hope you come back and finish this up! I mean, it's fine if you don't - real life takes priority, after all - just know there are people who'll be looking forward to it continuing. :D Thanks so much for what you have written!
Hooded-Figurine chapter 4 . 12/1/2013
aaaah, I'd completely forgotten about this series :O
I really hope you haven't abandoned it, because you are without a doubt the most talented writer for Doctor Who I've ever seen on FFN.
Time-LadyMararder chapter 4 . 6/16/2013
Author! What the hell are you playing at?!
The Wisher chapter 4 . 6/1/2013
Sorry I'm not logged in right but here goes anyway!
The episode has a very comforting feel and pace in comparison to the official Doctor who. I'd even go as far as to say your writing is better than some of the recent episodes! ( but this is merely opinion ) The Doctors infiltration of the top secret base. Oh my. That moment, with the 'big boss'. That right there was hands down the most typical thing the doctor could have done. Even thinking about it now makes me chuckle.
In addition to that I enjoyed the seamless re-entry of Ryan's parents, as well as the fallout of Ryan's adventures. It was well thought-out and believable.
Now for the begging, *gains composure in preparation*
*cue breakdown*Please don't leave this beautiful series dangling. I beg of you!
Please?
-C
HawkRider chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
Well, this is interesting... Visit more often Time Lord! We ant more updates! I really would like to see more of them, but if you can't, I'll be patient...

Well, this chapter was brilliant. And red blinking lights are never a good sign...
Gemma Rose chapter 4 . 5/8/2013
EEEEEEEE YOU UPDATED! :D
Flawless as ever. And goddammit Doctor, there you go getting in trouble again. "Oops" is not a word we like to hear from the man who's supposed to save people
StrawberryPajamas chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
GREAT update! I've been waiting for the next chapter for so long- but you're writing two different stories at the moment aren't you? Yeah, i understand:(

But anyway, this was worth the wait! I loved it - I love how Ryan is still struggling with his concerns about the doctor and his own bravery. i hope he decides to continue traveling!:)

Please update soon, I'll be waiting anxiously for the next chapter!
LilyLunaPotter142 chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
"Oops," would be the right way to describe it, what is the Doctor playing at, exactly?
E J ect chapter 3 . 4/22/2013
Infinite possibilities of what this machine could be! I look forward to finding out what happens in my time-stream!
LilyLunaPotter142 chapter 3 . 4/9/2013
I've read most of your fanfictions over the last few days, and you capture the Doctor's moods and mood swings just right and really well. I wonder how this episode will unravel and can't wait to see!
HardcoreHobbit chapter 3 . 3/27/2013
I think I've read most of the things you've posted over the last couple of days, I like what I'm reading. I think you've hit the humour on the head, especially the Doctor. This episode seems a little more unfamiliar, which is good, because it's new. Episode 2 reminded me of Serenity and Firefly a little too much I think.

I'm interested to see where you go with this, especially the Blitz character, who you are right, now will remind me of Felicia Day when I read it.

Next part as soon as possible please, I'm looking forward to more.
Kokotheevilone chapter 3 . 3/24/2013