Reviews for The Secret of Mallory House
Frog1 chapter 3 . 11/22/2012
Very cute! Christmas one would be nice too! BTW: In the old radio GH, there is an episode where Britt's father explains his connection to the Lone Ranger. He points to a painting of the Lone Ranger that is on Britt's apartment wall. (shurg) sue me, I love Lone Ranger/Green Hornet crossover...even if most of them are merely hints.
IcyWaters chapter 3 . 10/26/2012
Two Mike Axfords, both of whom despise the Hornet? What is the world coming to? I suppose life is never dull in Detroit, hehe.

The kids had a spooky Halloween and all ended well - the man who murdered Frankie's father is behind bars, Else got to scare her tormenter, she and Frankie finally bonded, and the Green Hornet came to the rescue... twice. Saving the candy is very important. ;-)

If I have any criticism, I would liked to have seen just a little more back story regarding Frankie. Maybe I missed a detail or all the threads from your previous story aren't fresh in my head, but until the brief mention in the last chapter, it wasn't clear to me that his father had been killed. Capturing the murderer seemed to come out of the blue.

Since the story is from Else's viewpoint, I understand not delving too deeply into the subject matter. Perhaps just a little bit of additional dialogue from Jack?

It's a minor issue and doesn't keep me from enjoying the story. It certainly put me in the mood for Halloween. :-) I'm looking forward to some Christmas fluff.
IcyWaters chapter 2 . 10/26/2012
Way to go, Else! Give him a taste of his own medicine. This is a bit of sweet revenge for me; Frankie Parker reminds me of just about every boy I knew growing up. :-)

What did Else really find? Did she stumble across some bad guy's stash of stolen jewels or does Britt know she's likely to sneak away and is playing the ultimate trick? I'm off to the next chapter.
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
Great start! There's a nice mix of fluff and spookiness. The tale of the haunted Mallory House sounds like a classic ghost story. Jack's little joke at the end had me cracking up.

Britt and Jack had better start being more discreet. They have a curious little girl under their roof and a secret to protect. She almost heard too much. Something tells me Else is going to sneak away during trick-or-treating...