Reviews for Variant Strain
Shoytahn chapter 75 . 6/15
I'm not so familiar with prototype but I have to say that this is a gem. Thank you for putting out this story. Damn I do hope that this isn't the end. An epilogue would be great or even a sequel xover with the original marvel universe. Btw Cletus is freakin amazing. Needs his own story.
linkjames24 chapter 75 . 5/22
Too much scientific shit! Good stuff. Nice stall tactic Harry did, and can't believe Peter fell for it. The visceral violence is what I'm here for and you deliver! Stronger than tears! Arc words! Ha! Peter stalled as well. Glorious.
RabbitRuler2 chapter 75 . 5/19
Oooh, that was a good ending. Have you considered doing a little spinoff where Peter/Cletus/Donna/Cain/Connor/the dog end up in the Marvel world? He's not going to end up a Hive-thing because the Chituari exist differently there, do the only bit of their language he remembers is sto d'zan cher. Idk, I just really want to see a confrontation between the two Peters. Love your story.
aaa chapter 27 . 5/13
I was frankly expecting something more creative than a rehash of the game's plot with really badly characterized Spider Man names tacked to it. The writing, as such, is not too bad. The sheer absence of any kind of actual effort or originality isn't.
aaa chapter 13 . 5/13
Is MJ supposed to be a high-functioning sociopath or something? Because holy fuck does that border on creepy.
doubledamn chapter 1 . 5/12
Honestly the thing I'm looking forward to most in this, is how the Blacklight Virus will interact with the Arachne Mutagen and later the Venom Symbiote.
PasiveNox chapter 4 . 5/4
ooooh holy yes the power
PasiveNox chapter 3 . 5/4
hmmm nice
PasiveNox chapter 1 . 5/4
oooho great
it physically hurts... the naivete... if only more people got in the habit of actually thinking about things, to perform some critical thinking on themselves... naivete like this would not exist, its disheartening that a lot of people would side with Peters thoughts here.
i hope that as i continue reading this story it wont turn into another story i drop because the main character is just so immature.
noahkijd chapter 75 . 3/10
F**king AWESOME! I had a few small problems with the story(For example: Peter will seem to be really set on something, and stick to it for a good part of the story, and then just kinda changes his mind for reasons that are no more important or extreme than reasons he ignored earlier), and only one big one (The ending is kinda disappointing, but I’m holding out hope there’s a epilogue or sequel or SOMETHING that’s going to come later) but the story is AMAZING! It more than makes up for the small problems I see in the story.
If you’re reading the comments to find out if you should read the story, the answer is a big YES.
Ultimate Pervy Sage chapter 45 . 2/13
This is so awesome
R.N.Ellington chapter 75 . 1/5
...What in the Fhell did I just finish reading? Perhaps the ending would have made more sense if I had ever played the 'Prototype' series instead of just being peripherally aware of it.

All in all, this was a great story; I just wish that I had been better able to understand it.

I'm hoping for one last update to clear up some of my lingering confusion.
Guachico chapter 75 . 12/7/2017
Whoa! What a ride! That was amazing. I powered through that in two days and barely slept. I could definitely feel your writing getting stronger as I progressed, particularly for fighting scenes. I thought it was great that you allowed Peter to end it the way he did. The fight scene at the mansion at the end where he and MJ take on 30-50 infected was a true highlight for me.
Guest chapter 75 . 12/7/2017
Don't leave us hanging like that, give us an epilog or something! Other than that good job
1,383 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »