Reviews for Variant Strain
Ultimate Pervy Sage chapter 45 . 2/13
This is so awesome
R.N.Ellington chapter 75 . 1/5
...What in the Fhell did I just finish reading? Perhaps the ending would have made more sense if I had ever played the 'Prototype' series instead of just being peripherally aware of it.

All in all, this was a great story; I just wish that I had been better able to understand it.

I'm hoping for one last update to clear up some of my lingering confusion.
Guachico chapter 75 . 12/7/2017
Whoa! What a ride! That was amazing. I powered through that in two days and barely slept. I could definitely feel your writing getting stronger as I progressed, particularly for fighting scenes. I thought it was great that you allowed Peter to end it the way he did. The fight scene at the mansion at the end where he and MJ take on 30-50 infected was a true highlight for me.
Guest chapter 75 . 12/7/2017
Don't leave us hanging like that, give us an epilog or something! Other than that good job
Commander Blunt chapter 4 . 12/3/2017
Great job on having peter learn how to shape shift. Ill be honest to ive been puting this off for a while. When crossovers on protoype happen. It usaully doesnt work out. Especielly if they mess up on alex mercer who i dont think should be excluded ever dude was a badass in the first game. Stll despise what happened in the second made zero sense even with their half assed explanation. In any case, this as been good so far. Im intersted im how this goes. It will be the first spider fanfic ive read. Unless i stop reading of course. Thank you though for the story and effort even if it doesnt turn out to be for me.
FanficJunky94 chapter 75 . 11/30/2017
Really great story. Started reading this years ago and not sure why I didn’t finish it back then but I have now.
Guest chapter 75 . 11/6/2017
There is no way this is the end... at the very least make an authors not saying that it actually is the end...
Guest chapter 7 . 10/14/2017
Sargent?

I think you mean Sergeant.

JUST ONE SPELLING ERROR I FOUND! LOVIN' IIIITTTT~~!
beardedaliengamer chapter 75 . 10/9/2017
the endings giving me a headache trying to figure out what's happening. I love the story in its entirety even if the ending was confusing as balls.
Guest chapter 75 . 9/25/2017
Quite a good story. Grammatically sound, nice plot, good prose, etc. 9/10 for all that.

Yet despite all that, there is something missing. I don't know quite what, but I think it may be the way you worked a crossover.

To me, at least, this wasn't Marvel. Nor was it Prototype. The characters share some of the same names as Marvel characters, some of the same relationships. But it doesn't feel like Marvel. You could have used OC's and had a story every bit as good. The parts about the Chitauri felt like they came out of left field. Nor were there any other superpowers than those brought on by the infection. And while those powers very much resemble those from Prototype, I found them to be indescribably different. An entirely new power system might have served just as well.
Luna's Meow chapter 75 . 9/19/2017
Oh come ON! You can't end it like that! It just... what's the point? Gotta be more coming. It didn't have to be a happy ending, a sad one would do. But just nothing? That only works in movies where you can makethe scene better with mood music and special effects. Like this? It takes a great story and makes it suck ass. Unless of course this isn't the end.
Luna's Meow chapter 68 . 9/19/2017
I find it odd that you keep saying "his own voice" when it doesn't seem to be. Cletus and the others are still there, aren't they? So are his abilities. You don't just "lose" that. Not the virus. No, it only gets better. Something else is going on. Has he so fully assimilated them that he hears their voices as his own?It did say "now you've really doomed *usat the end there after all. Certainly sounds like one of the others talking to him about the whole group...
tahlele chapter 75 . 9/12/2017
Can't believe I almost missed out on this amazing story. So glad to have read it, can't wait for the absolute finale!
Sonofhades57 chapter 73 . 8/31/2017
God, I missed this story.
BRUH chapter 5 . 8/20/2017