Reviews for Nothing's Going To Harm You, Not While I'm Around
LisaDouglas chapter 9 . 2/15/2013
Haha turtle abuse...in all seriousness this chapter was great, glad she's finally acting a bit more as expected: having nightmares, understanding reality etc. I mean nightmares are bad of course, but I hope they mean she's on her way to recovering like really getting better. It's nice to see her able to call them Mother and Father, I think that's a decent sign of recovery, of being able to move on with her life and eventually be happy. I'm anxious to see how she'll grow up. Update soon.
Katherine1992 chapter 9 . 2/10/2013
Love love love this story! Hope you do another chapter. From chapter one it was written beautifully, and your a great writer!
Katherine1992 chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
hope you will write another chapter!
LisaDouglas chapter 8 . 12/9/2012
Well first off, this line was hilarious: "Their witnesses were pretty pathetic. Customers of the bar the Murphy's owned said that they saw Maggie getting tips and they didn't know anything about abuse." Doesn't that its self speak to child abuse? That a 8-year-old was getting tips in a bar? Lol...I'm glad things are coming together, that she is going to be adopted and is finally beginning to figure out what love is, that she has someone to call Mother...but at the same time, I think it went a little quickly. While I wish you would've shown more of the trial, the Murphy's menacing call of: "We'll get you one day..." is sufficient enough to carry the story on and make me wonder what will transpire in 30 years time when they get out of jail. Can't wait to see how Maggie continues to adjust to her new life and how her debutante will be (we both know she'll have a grand one). Please update soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Love it !
Katherine1992 chapter 8 . 11/30/2012
Great chapter! Been through the court process before in a totally different situation, the process is absolutely draining! I'm glad she got adopted...update soon!
liviloo9 chapter 8 . 11/29/2012
Awwwww! They adopted! Yay! Please update soon:)
LisaDouglas chapter 7 . 11/22/2012
This chapter shows some great insights to very real situations and human conditions. I especially like here, how Maggie is shocked at the idea that she could be someone's friend. In real life she would not warm up to the idea or a play date so easily. I think you chose great children to be Maggie's first friends and like your references to Charlotte's work for the disabled. This is a cute and encouraging chapter, I hope that Maggie soon finds that she's also a little engine that could. The only thing bothering me for the last few chapters anyway, is that Maggie calls Mrs. Howell, Mrs. Howell. It seems a bit too formal for the nature of their relationship and I'm wondering when she'll begin to call her Lovey or maybe even Mom?
LisaDouglas chapter 6 . 11/22/2012
I agree with Charlotte. Lovey should adopt for sure. She and Maggie are the perfect match. This is especially true because Maggie doesn't know how to play or be a child, as you assert. This makes her the perfect child for the Howells for two reasons: 1. They would need a child who could be proper and thoughtful when needed, and she very much is. 2. They'd be good at teaching her to be a proper but curious child. In a way, Thurston and Lovey still embody that spirit through the way that they joke about things/enjoy recreation. My favorite part of this chapter was when Maggie said: "Mr. and Mrs. Murphy said they don't need no education." and her tutor replied. "Yes, they do they used a double negative." Just so cute and quippy. Oh and I loved the Wellesley reference! Keep up the great work.
liviloo9 chapter 7 . 11/20/2012
Very Nice! Can't wait for next chapter, as usual!
Katherine1992 chapter 7 . 11/20/2012
It's great Maggie is finding friends! I can't wait to see how the trial goes.
Katherine1992 chapter 6 . 11/16/2012
Wow! School, friends and decision making. All new for Maggie. It's great she has her teacher/nanny whom is understanding, and Lovey has a supportive friend to get her through this.
Liviloo9 chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
This story gets better and better! Can't wait for chap. 7!
Katherine1992 chapter 5 . 11/12/2012
Poor Maggie, she feels like she isn't worth anything. It's so great that she is opening up more, but it breaks my heart to see she feels worthless. She is lucky to have found the Howells.
LisaDouglas chapter 5 . 11/11/2012
You know what I hope Maggie learns. Just because her mother was a prostitute, doesn't mean she was stupid or bad of heart, it really doesn't. And the idea that it has something to do with Maggie either way, is not valid. It's sad that she's so brainwashed but I'm so glad you begin to illustrate that here, I especially like the line: "Maggie wasn't used to making decisions yet." I think the Howells are exceptionally good candidates for teaching this child self worth, don't you?! Update soon.