Reviews for Mass Effect: Mistakes Worth Sharing
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 6/27
Very good chapter with lots of good lines
NoNameAvailable Bis chapter 1 . 3/10
I'm definitely late to the party, but still, late is better than never.

I actually read this piece something like a year ago, and thought "wow, this is so good". Now that I'm in a retrospective mood, I just remembered that this piece existed, that it was indeed, 'so good', and that I really ought to leave a review on it.

Like 'Miracle at Palaven', it's quite an atypical piece, and I certainly mean that in a good way. While I enjoy the usual adventure / romance fic as much as the next bloke, I'm always delighted to find stories that don't fit in my usual comfort zones, but that I can enjoy as much, if not more, than the usual stuff. This single speech is great way to get a retrospective on the games with an original point of view, and manage to make you think at the same time. It's not exactly world-shattering philosophy, but it rings true nonetheless, and sits especially well with Garrus' mindset, a character we saw changing during the course of three games.

So, all this to say a simple 'bravo'. It's pieces like this that keep drawing me back on this site, because you never know when you might stumble on something of this quality.
RustKnight chapter 1 . 5/31/2014

What a speech.
jgkitarel chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
You know, I can see an older and wiser Garrus actually making such a speech. He's been there, done that and got the scars to prove it. He's not kidding when he admits that our mistakes and failures often define us more than our successes. The trick is to learn the right lessons from them and not be afraid to jump back in.
SomebodyLost chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Very inspirational.

Although, the last line, "mistakes worth sharing" coupled with your opening Author's Note of "just something to share" made an (un)intentional joke, lol.

Anyhoo, this really seemed to be an eye opening talk - it's fun imagining how the public reacts to this, with all the new societal changes. And the Normandy crew, too.

Thanks for writing this. I needed this.
MaxManuka chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Wonderful speech. Very Garrus. Me like. I wish I was more coherent right now, but thanks a lot for sharing this with us, it's simply wonderful :-).
SwoopingDragon chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Great story, very inspirational and very Garrus.
bakapervert chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Inspirational speech here.
Meatzman2 chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Inspiring stuff!
Rufus Shinra SFFS chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Well, well, well, very good job here! I'll have to check your other texts.
Jim.Hero chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
absolutly perfect, thanks, some typos there but overall, perfect.
Luo chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This was... enthralling. When reading it, I was touched by Garrus' discourse, and found myself nodding to his words, as if I really could hear him. I sincerely think your rendering of him is perfect.

Thanks for this text, I loved it.
UltimateGrr chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Very nice.
Zakeraz chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Wow, that was a hell of a good speech. Nicely done and thank you for sharing this.
Wild Goose 01 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Awesome story. A commencement address is a terribly boring thing, but you've managed to not only make it engaging, you've perfectly captured Garrus' voice. Bravo!