Reviews for The Clock Stood Still
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
That was so sad. I like stories that focus on Sirius death it's so dark and sad. That was amazing! I really enjoyed that going to look at your other stuff.
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
this was very deep and powerful with the imagery and the way Sirius' thoughts are racing although everything else appears to be in slow motion.
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Wow, I really love how you described Sirius's death and his thoughts and feelings before falling through the veil. Good job!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I think you described Sirius' death rather well. I liked the reference of falling into Death's hands, since he is of course literally falling. The phrase 'he never knew what it was like to die' (several times) struck me as odd, because if he /had/ known how it felt, he would be, you know, dead already.
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
The writing style in this is perfect for this piece! You manage to capture the slowness and the contradiction and his frustration and confusion. Well done :D
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Wow. This was wonderfully written and I love the way you've gone about it. It lasts only a moment, but is so detailed, but not, and there are so many contradictions that make sense and it's really just a perfect description of death. Every line is just beautiful, but I love the italics near the end, especially, "The sound of his last breath." It's so final and concrete and sad... well done!
hasfihasifgaoifg chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
This is so beautiful, oh my.

You have broken my heart. Angst is honestly the best thing I can think of EVER and this - this /beautiful/ writing - is just so angst-riddled it hurts me. Agh. Please just ajdgaksdgfasjkldgshafdajsd

yes yes yes
AmzyD chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
This was so deep and emotional and beautiful and gahhhh, perfect. I love it.
lowi chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Wow. :O this is fantastic, no doubt. Really really wonderfully written - so striking and so...touching.

I loved this, even though it was chilling and dealt with what must be one of the most awful parts in the entire series.

Fantastic!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Oh, wow, this was really good! A lot of fics focus much more on Remus's reaction to Sirius's death, as opposed to Sirius's own thoughts as he fell through the veil. I really liked the way that you approached this; it was beautifully-written, and I love your use of language here. No spelling or grammar errors that I noticed, either, and I really like the comparison of death to the feel of dementors clawing at his neck. I like how Sirius noticed the different reactions of Remus, Harry, and Bellatrix as well. This was short, but I think it actually worked really well that way since you were showing what Sirius was thinking in this very short period of time. Very sad and angsty, but you captured the mood very nicely and overall, this was a really moving, powerful fic. Nice job.
00982374-deactivated chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
No! Sirius!

Sirius is my favourite character and I really thing you've pulled his death off brilliantly, all the emotions were hitting me in the face and I just loved this. I really do.

This was my favourite line [It's cold, oh so cold, like icy water raining upon his skin, like a dementor's hands clawing at his neck] - it's just perfect and it really stood out towards me, although everything else was beautiful too :)

Okay, I'm going to have a hard time choosing between this and Through the Gates.

And faving by the way :)
glowing neon chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
angstangstangst. I need to stop crying and go purge out all this angst with a lot of fluffy stuff. This is really well written. I like the italics, it really adds to the piece. You've captured Sirius well.
alicenotinwonderland chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Wow...this was beautiful. The whole concept of Sirius still being to observe but not feel was well written. It felt as though Sirius was just looking at everything happening around but at the same time, there's just so much emotion in there from everyone watching him die. It was wonderfully written!
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
*sobs abd sniffs* Sirius is my favourite character ever. This was beautiful. Siriusly, i loved it. The love all the immagery and metaphore thingys about death,i love that he saw Bella and Remus and Harry, the paragraph about harry was the ice breaker, my throat has a huge lump in it now.

Amazing job. This is truly amazing. I loved loved looooved it. Amazing. * wipes away a tear* :)
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Wow, just wow...That was beautifully written and heartbreaking. It was frantic and yet calm, panicky and soothing, wrong but right. It was fantastic and I love your writing in this. I'll just be off, mourning Sirius again..