Reviews for Letting Go
Marie chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I know it said that you DC'd this., but SO glad that I can read this! :)). Thanks. I like your writing esp of BF, you describe them well.
Now let me go back to reading..
csfan chapter 6 . 6/2/2013
Are you still planning to finish this fic or are you writing a new one maybe? It's been a while... and we need more well-written Brenda and Fritz fics to read. Love your work.
Labyrinth01 chapter 6 . 3/18/2013
Any chapter spent in Fritz's head (and heart) is a gem, not a filler. Beautiful.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/16/2013
I love this chapter. It was nice to see how much Brenda is changing through fritzs eyes. It's also sad to see how much they miss each other Brenda is finally starting to come around and put fritz first, taking into consideration fritzs feelings. I hope that doesn't change in this story and I hope they are in each others arms soon I miss scenes when they are together.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the great writing...
ManateeMama chapter 6 . 3/16/2013
I loved this chapter. The way you used the flashback to show Brenda's changing and growing love for Fritz and her willingness, finally, to put him ahead of her career was wonderful. And I could really feel Fritz's pain when Jeff relapsed and started drinking again. It was very realistically drawn. I'm really eager to read more so I hope you update this great story soon.
Sunkat chapter 5 . 2/21/2013
I think this is a very realistic, and I don't think you have gone too far at all with the flashbacks. I briefly glanced through 7x15,16, and 18 and Brenda is unraveling and after all that happened anyone would be vulnerable. Acute stress disorder or PTSD is something I don't think is very well understood by people who haven't suffered with it. I like the pace of this story, it flows very nicely.

It's nice to see a mature Charlie helping her Aunt.
ManateeMama chapter 5 . 2/19/2013
This is an excellent chapter. I love the way you show Brenda unraveling at the seams. To my mind, it's totally realistic. As you pointed out, there are certainly symptoms of it showing up in Season 7, and her fixation on Stroh beginning in Season 4 certainly is an indicator that something is wrong, as well. I can't wait to read the next chapter. Please update soon.
Labyrinth01 chapter 5 . 2/18/2013
No, you didn't go to far at all. Of course Brenda is going to get PTSD from all of the trauma she has gone through. I do think that Stroh's attack alone would give her a good case of PTSD; after all, she was having nightmares about him long before he attacked her. Put that episode on the end of everything else, and no human being can escape unscathed, no matter how tough they are.
I think you did a beautiful job describing a flashback, BTW. You captured how frighteningly real it is for the victim.
It was really nice to see Charlie again, this time as a mature young woman.
I love this story and its evolution. Thanks for another great chapter!
csfan chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
Love the Joel bits you often include in your fics. Can't wait until Brenda and Fritz are reunited, hopefully in the next chapter. Please, keep writing!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/12/2013
Still loving the story. I will be curious to see how Clay handles Brenda and if he will get the answers he's looking for. I also hope this story has a happy ending and she goes back home to Fritz. He misses her so much..
SunKat chapter 3 . 1/23/2013
I can just see Brenda sitting in church and wondering what various people were really doing.

Clay knows Brenda Leigh is keeping something from him and I have no doubt he'll figure it out, especially if he has Charlie's help.

I'm looking forward to the next update.
Labyrinth01 chapter 3 . 1/22/2013
Best line in the entire chapter: "Now the devil, on the other hand… Brenda knew all about him. She saw him every single day. Hell, she'd just shot him in her kitchen."
There are so many good things packed into this chapter I don't know where to start. First of all, i like Brenda's musings on god and religion. I think we have sufficient evidence from the show and how she interacts with religious figures that she is not religious at all, and her pragmatic nature would fit with that. The thoughts running though her head are so universal to anyone who has suffered, but you have written it so uniquely Brenda Leigh. I also love the torturous post-church dry cookie hour, with everyone pumping Brenda for info.
Having some of the story from Clays POV was really interesting. In my own Atlanta stories, I have, as part of the backstory, that Brenda never tells Clay about the Stroh attack, thinking that he doesn't need any more bad news. But Clay is a smart man, and he realizes something is up with her. Brenda, the best liar of them all, is dressing up bullshit and Clay isn't buying it.
Bottom line is, this was a great chapter, very well done, and I look forward to more!
ManateeMama chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Another great chapter, ProcrastinationQueen. I think you really hit the mark with Brenda's attitude toward religion. She definitely was more influenced by the criminals she'd met than by the sermons she's heard. And up to now it's been Mama who has been the one to ferret information out about and from Brenda. It will be interesting to see how Clay does it. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
mmkbrook chapter 3 . 1/20/2013
Like the idea Clay is looking into this. This whole thing sounded like a set-up with Brenda being the fall-girl. If what she did was so wrong why was she offered a job as Chief with more pay. As the saying goes ' something is rotten in the state of California'.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
It has been so long :( Write more :)