Reviews for The Maine Thing
thorteso chapter 21 . 3/14/2013
I am making my way through all of your stories :)

I loved this one! I liked how we didn't know everythign right up front, a few chapters of mystery with where Josh had ended up and why. I love Maine and the little towns on the coast, the parallel in the story with the beauty and simplicity of the coast was wonderful.

Thanks for sharing another great story!
Arpad Hrunta chapter 21 . 1/6/2013
Lovely ending. I was hoping they'd end up purchasing the lighthouse when you first brought it up.

I imagine casting for "Federal Frame-Up: The Josh Lyman Story" would go somewhat differently. I'd bet the story is big enough that people like Matt Damon and Kate Winslet are attached to it in short order. I like to think that in this alternate universe that Brad Whitmore will be spending many seasons as Dan Stark on The Good Guys, but that's later than your timeframe here.

Again, lovely story.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 20 . 1/6/2013
The cameo by Dr. Pierce was downright inspired, as was making President Vinick his cousin.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 17 . 1/6/2013
Interesting tactic by Donna. I hooey it doesn't turn out as bad as this chapter implies.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 16 . 1/6/2013
This is a resolution to the mystery I was not expecting, and you''ve made Cliff diving the Villain Exposition thing quite plausible.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 15 . 1/6/2013
Oh, I did *not* see that coming! And at the end of such a lovely chapter, too. You've done a wonderful job of portraying Josh's plight, and showing us what he must be feeling without being too explicit about it. Have the whole story from Donna's perspective so far has been an interesting choice that I've quite enjoyed.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 12 . 1/6/2013
You've created a nice ominous feeling with both of them thinking they're being watched. The watcher is probably someone connected to guilty party in Mrs. Baker's exposure, but at this point I can't guess who that might be.

Drunken Restaurant Man was an interesting touch, but I don't think the two are related.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 4 . 1/6/2013
I can honestly say this is throwing first Vinyl Cafe reference I've come across in fanfic!
itskindafuntodotheimpossible chapter 21 . 11/18/2012
I know I read this when you first posted it here but after seeing it again after reading some of your other fics, I can't remember if I reviewed or not and I knew I had to because you are just an incredible writer and I really treasure what you've done with all your stories and this one in particular.
alix33 chapter 21 . 11/9/2012
"I just don't want to be Leo any more." "You want to be President Bartlet?" "President Lyman, please." He was grinning. "You could, you know." "Ackh, I didn't mean that. I don't know what job I want next, but I don't have to figure it out today. What about you? You've had quite a few offers too." "I want to stay where I am; I like my job. I work with good people, and we make a difference, no matter which party is in power. I like that." "You do a lot of good for children. That's important." "It is. They are." They were both quiet for a minute, Donna watching the boats on the water, Josh playing with the blade of grass and looking down at the lighthouse below. "Do you think—" his voice was suddenly husky. "Do you think you might want your own, someday? Children, I mean." Donna looked over at him, startled. "Do you?" she asked, too surprised to answer the question. "Yeah," he said, his voice huskier than ever. "Yeah, I would. I do. But only if-" "If?" she prompted him. "If you want them, too. With me," he added, looking up at her then, his face suddenly wrinkled with doubt. For about the hundredth time that week, tears started up in Donna's eyes and began to run down her face." - AW!
"Hawkeye Pierce," - Hehehehe, please forgive me for being so very slow, only catching the Alan Alda in joke in your A/N now.
alix33 chapter 20 . 11/9/2012
No, you have not lost me: I was just on five days' leave without any internet access at all. I was thus able to stay up the whole night (and catch up on my lost sleep the next day) to listen to reports of my favourite South African talk and news radio station about the US election and I am overjoyed for all US women and women in the US of childbearing age that the vice president and president will be the ones who will leave the reproductive organs and decisions of those women alone. Barack Obama's acceptance speech moved me to tears, he IS IMO easy on the eyes and he is very appreciative of (among her other attributes) his wife's brain and its workings...
"Arnie would be a pretty good guy," the doctor said. "if he wasn't a Republican." - I totally agree with this doc.
"It's a pretty amazing resemblance," Josh said, shaking his head and then wincing when it jostled his shoulder. "Keep still," Donna scolded him. He made a face at her. The doctor laughed. "He's my cousin," he said. "Much younger cousin. He did most of his growing up here, before his family moved out to California, so he doesn't have any excuse for abandoning his New England Democrat roots." "There's never a good excuse for being a Republican," Josh said. The doctor chuckled in agreement." - Arnie Vinick has an uber-cool relative.
"He'd told them some stories about his service in Korea that made Josh blush—not that that was hard to do these days. He seemed to be coloring up every time he looked at her, and he was looking at her most of the time." - AW!
"I hate to interrupt," the doctor said, putting his head in the door, "but there's a President on the phone for Josh." "President Vinick?" Josh sounded startled. "Arnie? Nah—a good Democratic President. Your guy," - I am still pretty much cross with him and the rest of Josh's alleged friends and colleagues...
Guest chapter 21 . 11/4/2012
Great story!
LOVED Dr. Pierce and his resemblence to Pres Vinick
Raffaela chapter 21 . 11/3/2012
Loved it! So glad you posted the end, i've been checking it everyday :P Love how you included Hawkeye as the doctor, (being a big M*A*S*H fan myself, i really enjoyed that) and i loved how it all came together in the end, what can i say, i'm a sucker for happy endings :P hope to read more of you're stories soon c: xx
Veridissima chapter 21 . 11/4/2012
Great story
Perfect final
Love it, very much
sassie69 chapter 21 . 11/4/2012
Like many of your stories I am left wanting more. That is not a criticism, but a compliment as I enjoy reading them so much that I don't want them the end. I want to know what happened to Sid and his family, whether Donna & Josh bought the lighthouse for their new family etc. However you do it well and leave us to imagine the rest, thank you.