Reviews for Honestly Harry - The Matter of the Furious Fugitives
Seanthiar chapter 13 . 7/9
Nice story, but heavy americanism in there. HP plays in GB not the US of A. Pants are not trousers when your are pants you are awful in GB, slack(s) is a lull not something to wear. If you are searching for a trouser you wear for working get your dungarees. Chipmunks does not exist in GB, better look for squirrels and look for a beta-reader. Something is faRther away not father away and arranged is the word you are looking for not arraigned. That means to accuse somebody in front of court.

regards

Seanthiar
ThunderClaw03 chapter 33 . 3/31
Talk about getting out of there like greased lightning.
ThunderClaw03 chapter 9 . 3/29
Great job keep it up
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 23 . 3/29
Well that time turner went away quickly, right choice. Time travel can be used to awesome effect in a story, but its fairly hard to get it right and when done wrong is one of the things that can ruin a story. And this story is still fine, one chapter long dramatic dud that gets promptly rectified does not break a story this long. Also no fanfiction author can be faulted for experimenting, after all writing is as much for fun as reading is.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 22 . 3/29
Time turners are such a wonderful idea, magically paradox free time travel devices, there is tons of fun to be had with them. For some good examples check out "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality".
So you can imagine my glee when this chapter turned to time turners. Alas the solution presented ended up being utterly disappointing paradox bonanza.
The entire idea of time turners is that whatever the time traveler ends up doing already happened the first time around, using the time turner the story gains a different perspective giving the events a completely new meaning. While Hermione primo is sitting in muggle studies, Hermione secundo is already sitting in arithmancy and Hermione primo is already predestined to use a time turner so that Hermione secundo could sit in arithmancy at the same time. The perspective changes, events do not and therefore there is no paradox.
There are three main ways to do time travel in a story.
Method one is to use one magically coherent timeline, that is the time turner method as it is usually done.
Method two is to forget about the first timeline and start a whole new one from an alternate reality. Its usually used to kickstart a story. Example "Potter vs Paradox" by Belial666
And then there is the method three, backtrack on the one timeline you have, stick fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalaa" when someone asks about the paradoxes. Unfortunately that was done here.
Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it out of my system.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 21 . 3/29
Well.. That escalated quickly.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 4 . 3/27
Constant snubbing of Fudge is going to bite Harry in the rear one day. It already did, Harry&co had a chance to dissuade minister from using dementors but they lost it because they didn't want to listen to him. One might not like a politician, but ignoring a politician with some actual power is outright foolish.
I thought her husband was supposed to talk to Dee about teasing Harry about having sex. I guess she doesn't care enough about Harry to stop when she knows he doesn't like it. Great Mother in law!
I thought Ginny wanted to quit being so sexual, that she was only pretending to be that way because she thought that's what Harry wanted? I guess that lasted one chapter.
Harrypotterpercyjacksonfan90 chapter 55 . 10/17/2015
Good story so far loved every minute of it please keep writing!
tkepner chapter 23 . 7/20/2015
It has always concerned me that the Ministry claims you can't change the past. The problem with that is it means there is no free will because today is always the past! So, Harry can simply ignore Voldie and the D.E.s because whether he wins or loses has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with his destined fate. He can study, train, and worry all he wants or just snog girls, in either case the events of the final battle will be the same!

Thus, time travelers MUST be able to change the past.
GinnyMyLove chapter 23 . 3/10/2015
As for the reference to the Doctor: He would say that time is this... timey wimey wibbly ball of stuff...

But he also cannot avoid paradox himself without repurcussions. All actions he takes as a Time Lord must work WITH time, not against it. A verified death is a Moment which cannot be undone. However so long as everyone "believed" that the person died, events can be rewritten so that they did not "actually" die, only appeared to have.

Thus the suggestions for handling any future time travel. I do admit it really made me almost stop reading, everything has been so wonderfully done up to that point and then you "dropped the ball" when it came to the time travel. Your excuses and wikipedia researching after the fact all feel like you defending the fact that you could not understand time well enough to come up with a way to fix what had happened and not avoid paradox.

At the same time, not avoiding the paradox was something that nobody else does in their stories, so it was somewhat original (I had to convince myself).

I'm pretending that it was a hiccup in relativity, and that it should be treated more like a "vision of the future" which may or may not happen...it just happened in present time with the planning happening afterward, instead of having time to prepare for it before hand.

Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly Paradoxical Time Hiccup ... stuff
GinnyMyLove chapter 22 . 3/10/2015
I do apologize for not having reviewed up to this point, I was simply engrossed.

This chapter though... I'm sure others have sent you the same review but I had to voice my thoughts.

What you have created is a paradox with the time turner; In the original use, nothing that happened before they turned back was irreversible, and everything appeared to have worked out just the same at the end of the day, to everyone that was not involved in going back in the first place.

What I might suggest for a rewrite of this chapter, is that you have a second time turning.

They discover Lucious/Umbridge and foil the plot, but Hermione mentions that in order to avoid Paradox, it must still appear that the events happened the way they did the first time, in order for the trio to have traveled back in the first place.

On the second turn, Ginny replaces Marta, Hermione replaces Luthario and Harry replaces Lucious/Umbridge (hello metamorphs). Hermione is "impiriused" to cast the "killing curse" which is actually just green light, or perhaps a green stunner (bond magic). Ron falls over the side but they contacted Hogwarts to let her in on the plan.

Vika cushion Ron's fall and changes the wards the map uses to show the red dots instead of black, even though Ron and Marta are not dead.

Vika then apologizes to the trio for misleading them on the first go round.

This way, all of the original events "happen" but in a way that nobody saw anything different before the reveal.

Isn't time travel and paradox avoidance fun?
LBII chapter 55 . 2/19/2015
Excellent story! I have no clue why I read the first story in this series and did not start on the rest. It was a mistake. Thank you for sharing your time, talents and imagination with us readers.
PS. My wife spent over 20 years as a cartographer for a gas pipeline.
old guy chapter 55 . 1/31/2015
kewl. Hope Some better wards get erected at Greenglass manor. How are they gonna find time for a business course, vacation, training, a new staff to be made,etc etc