Reviews for Honestly Harry - The Matter of the Furious Fugitives
"Welcome Back Potter" Now that invokes a really bad 70s American Sitcom (Welcome Back Kotter). I really could have done without that memory (lousy show, lousy song, the comedy at best lame). Amazing it lasted as long as it did (4 years?)

About the only good thing I can say for that show, and even that is debatable, is its role as a learning platform leading to some of Travolta's later and better efforts. (I can't say much for Travolta as a person, a Dark Lord in his own right if his press coverage is anything to go by, but it's hard to deny that he eventually became a much better and popular actor.)
BillBrink chapter 22 . 12/12
So Pettigrew wasn't Umbridge's maiden name? How does she relate to Peter? Was her brother one of the escaped convicts? Inquiring minds want to know!:)
BillBrink chapter 5 . 7/21
You may not own Scooby-Doo, but you DO own a large horse sized dog who is in your picture. I assume that is who Gracie is modeled after? How big is "Gracie"? I would bet that a few bones from the local church would not begin to curb her appetite. I hope we hear more about her in the rest of the story. Does she use your bed to sleep? I'd guess that you could make a few humorous stories from her actions.
mondas42 chapter 27 . 7/25/2016
You can't get a provisional driving license in the UK until you are 17 years old. Otherwise loving your work.
Seanthiar chapter 13 . 7/9/2016
Nice story, but heavy americanism in there. HP plays in GB not the US of A. Pants are not trousers when your are pants you are awful in GB, slack(s) is a lull not something to wear. If you are searching for a trouser you wear for working get your dungarees. Chipmunks does not exist in GB, better look for squirrels and look for a beta-reader. Something is faRther away not father away and arranged is the word you are looking for not arraigned. That means to accuse somebody in front of court.

regards

Seanthiar
ThunderClaw03 chapter 33 . 3/31/2016
Talk about getting out of there like greased lightning.
ThunderClaw03 chapter 9 . 3/29/2016
Great job keep it up
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 23 . 3/29/2016
Well that time turner went away quickly, right choice. Time travel can be used to awesome effect in a story, but its fairly hard to get it right and when done wrong is one of the things that can ruin a story. And this story is still fine, one chapter long dramatic dud that gets promptly rectified does not break a story this long. Also no fanfiction author can be faulted for experimenting, after all writing is as much for fun as reading is.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 22 . 3/29/2016
Time turners are such a wonderful idea, magically paradox free time travel devices, there is tons of fun to be had with them. For some good examples check out "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality".
So you can imagine my glee when this chapter turned to time turners. Alas the solution presented ended up being utterly disappointing paradox bonanza.
The entire idea of time turners is that whatever the time traveler ends up doing already happened the first time around, using the time turner the story gains a different perspective giving the events a completely new meaning. While Hermione primo is sitting in muggle studies, Hermione secundo is already sitting in arithmancy and Hermione primo is already predestined to use a time turner so that Hermione secundo could sit in arithmancy at the same time. The perspective changes, events do not and therefore there is no paradox.
There are three main ways to do time travel in a story.
Method one is to use one magically coherent timeline, that is the time turner method as it is usually done.
Method two is to forget about the first timeline and start a whole new one from an alternate reality. Its usually used to kickstart a story. Example "Potter vs Paradox" by Belial666
And then there is the method three, backtrack on the one timeline you have, stick fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalaa" when someone asks about the paradoxes. Unfortunately that was done here.
Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it out of my system.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 21 . 3/29/2016
Well.. That escalated quickly.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 4 . 3/27/2016
Constant snubbing of Fudge is going to bite Harry in the rear one day. It already did, Harry&co had a chance to dissuade minister from using dementors but they lost it because they didn't want to listen to him. One might not like a politician, but ignoring a politician with some actual power is outright foolish.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/13/2016
I thought her husband was supposed to talk to Dee about teasing Harry about having sex. I guess she doesn't care enough about Harry to stop when she knows he doesn't like it. Great Mother in law!
Guest chapter 2 . 1/12/2016
I thought Ginny wanted to quit being so sexual, that she was only pretending to be that way because she thought that's what Harry wanted? I guess that lasted one chapter.
Harrypotterpercyjacksonfan90 chapter 55 . 10/17/2015
Good story so far loved every minute of it please keep writing!
tkepner chapter 23 . 7/20/2015
It has always concerned me that the Ministry claims you can't change the past. The problem with that is it means there is no free will because today is always the past! So, Harry can simply ignore Voldie and the D.E.s because whether he wins or loses has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with his destined fate. He can study, train, and worry all he wants or just snog girls, in either case the events of the final battle will be the same!

Thus, time travelers MUST be able to change the past.