Reviews for Sequel: Jake's Girl
NZLisaM chapter 26 . 10/26/2013
I just adored how Cloud Dancing looked after Lucy at the barbershop while the baby was being born. But of course my favourite scene was when Lucy was introduced to her baby sister. And I loved how Isabelle has Jake’s hair and Teresa’s eyes, while Lucy has Teresa’s hair and Jake’s eyes. I thought you might make the baby a boy, and name him Jimmy after Jake’s brother, but I love the name Isabelle, and it will be great to see a relationship develop between two sisters. Also, nice touch that you named the baby after Teresa’s mother, as it was very common to name children after family members back then. Aww … it was so cute how Lucy decided to shorten Isabelle to Izzy.

Another happy ending! What a fabulous story. I really enjoyed the combination of suspense, action, drama, and of course romance and family. What a great tribute to the character of Jake!

NZLisaM chapter 25 . 10/26/2013
Aww … I loved the reunion scene between Jake and Teresa, but yeah, I am definitely not surprised that he is starting to hate the clinic – LOL. What a beautiful conclusion. Of course, there’s still the epilogue to come, which I will be reading right now.

NZLisaM chapter 24 . 10/26/2013
Yippee, they’re back. It was so funny how Hank almost spilt his cider, when Michaela spoke.

I loved how Michaela quickly jumped to Cloud Dancing’s defense when the army questioned his reason for holding and comforting Lucinda. And then how Jake came and stood beside him, and informed the army in no uncertain terms that Cloud Dancing’s was Lucy’s grandpa. And then, it was so lovely how Michaela and Sully exchanged knowing smiles, conveying how much Jake had grown and changed.

Well, I have to say, the army was useless, but at least they did take the prisoners away. That’s their only plus.

NZLisaM chapter 23 . 10/26/2013
"Our orders relayed nothing about child abduction. We were told the town was being raided and people were dying. In this territory that means injun trouble." – Hee, hee, this piece of dialogue had me laughing. Yes soldiers, that is true, but that was several chapters ago when you were sent for, and a lot has happened since then!

‘"Look mister it weren't Indians. They're some kind ah crazy people."’ I love this line, and simplistic view of Hank’s. It definitely sounds like something he would say, and how he would put it.

I agree with Sully. The last thing you would want to do is camp out in the woods with three prisoners.

‘Chuckling to himself he knew only Grace could walk through town like the Queen of Mardi Gras, bouncing to her own music.’ I adore this, and it is the perfect description of Grace. And it’s so like Grace to think to bring Hank a hot cup of cider.

NZLisaM chapter 22 . 10/26/2013
Aww … it was so lovely to see Jake and Lucy reunited at last, and how Lucy thanked Cloud Dancing for rescuing her – calling him ‘Grumpaw’. So cute!

And double aww … Hank watching over Teresa, and staying put in front of the clinic.

I think the soldiers are a little late to the party, and they only sent four! Stupid army!

NZLisaM chapter 21 . 10/26/2013
Oh good, the rescue party are heading down to the creek, so they must be getting close to Lucy now.

Whoa, you did a flawless job of Jess’ brother’s dialogue when he was taunting Jake. Great work! And it wouldn’t be a story without a tomahawk scene involving Sully – hee, hee! Oh, whew, Cloud Dancing has Lucy safely in his arms. So many dramatic chapters in a row! I’m really enjoying all the fast paced action scenes, and suspense filled chapters.

NZLisaM chapter 20 . 10/26/2013
‘"The young one has escaped. Just as I have taught her."’ I love this line. How proud of Lucy Cloud Dancing must be!

And I so loved how Lucy kept hearing Cloud Dancing voice in her head, helping her, guiding her. She’s such a resourceful young girl.

NZLisaM chapter 19 . 10/26/2013
Man, those men aren’t that bright after all. They came up with the great idea of carrying Lucy, but then they dropped the moccasin on the ground, for Cloud Dancing and the others to find. Duh! It’s good for us though!

Go Lucy! And what a clever girl, to remember Cloud Dancing’s instructions and head downhill to water!

NZLisaM chapter 18 . 10/26/2013
You write Lucy as being so brave and empathetic. She’s more worried about her ma than her own safety. She would make the perfect big sister as well. She even had the foresight to take note of her surroundings!

‘"Hold her on yer shoulders. Never let her touch the ground!"’ Pretty smart on the men’s part, but I’m sure Cloud Dancing and Sully have other ways of tracking them.

Oh, I hope Teresa and the baby are going to be okay!

NZLisaM chapter 17 . 10/26/2013
What a dramatic chapter! Thank god Teresa is alive! But, where is Lucy, and I hope the baby is okay! Cloud Dancing was so lovely in this chapter, with all his helpfulness and concern. Sorry I didn’t say much about this chapter, but I’m too much in a hurry to see what happens next!

NZLisaM chapter 16 . 10/26/2013
Oh, Jess was one of the men’s brothers!

Wow, the dream sequence was well done! I truly felt Jake’s terror and helplessness. At first I thought I was just reading a cute father/daughter scene between Jake and Lucy regarding her first day of school, although admittedly, I did think your timing was a little odd, so I should have guessed then that something was up! And what was that crash at the end, followed by Lucy’s scream! I’d better continue reading to find out.

NZLisaM chapter 15 . 10/26/2013
Poor Jake! He just keeps being put through the ringer!

‘"When this is over," he chuckled in Cloud Dancing's direction, "Remind me to thank yah for the yarrow."’ Ha, ha, great line!

NZLisaM chapter 14 . 10/26/2013
It must have been torture for Loren … not being included in the meeting – LOL! I loved this scene and can definitely picture Loren complaining to Dorothy.

Eek! That was pretty creepy with Marcy’s finger! Poor Teresa! You did an amazing job of capturing the town’s fear. I hope the army does the responsible thing and arrives to help.

NZLisaM chapter 13 . 10/26/2013
I liked the scene where Lucy and Katie were spying on the men and Michaela in the sheriff’s office.

I’m sure Hank is just thrilled that it’s Daniel’s plan. Hee, hee.

I like how Robert E. noticed Jake’s discomfort, and their subsequent talk. And, the ending, with Lucy rushing to get inside – wow!

NZLisaM chapter 12 . 10/26/2013
I felt for Sully in the first scene. But, I believe Sully always sees the best in people, which is why his first instinct was that the men were harmless.

Oh rats, there are more than two of them. Not good! Two, and then one is bad enough, but a group of them could cause a lot of harm in town. No wonder Sully, Daniel, Jake, Hank, and the others feel they have to take action, and hunt down the men, to protect the town.

I loved the flashback to Lucinda’s birth, and how they now consider Cloud Dancing to be one of the family; a surrogate Grandpa even. It was great to read, so soon after reading about Lucinda’s birth in your previous story. But I’m glad you advised me to read the story regarding Lucinda’s birth first, as otherwise, I probably would have thought it a little strange that Cloud Dancing was part of their family. It all makes sense now of course, and it really works for this story! One of the main reasons I like Cloud Dancing is because of his forgiving and generous spirit, and like you I believe that if Jake had started treating him respectively in the series, then Cloud Dancing would have responded in kind.