Reviews for Far Beyond a Promise Kept
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 8/1
As ever, Sirius Black gets to walk and is totally off the hook for anything he ever did to Snape. Why am I not surprised.

But perhaps losing Harry and knowing he has to be decent (for the first time in his life) to Snape if he ever wants to see Harry again will be enough. Unless he decides to try to kill Snape again just so he can have Harry, you never know.

Nice look at Toby and Eileen, too. Snape does have family which he's managed to keep out of the war.

Good ending, and Harry is smarter than I thought. Very well done.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 7/27
You know, an apology from both James and Lily would seem to be appropriate-but of course, they're Gryffindors and therefore have never done anything wrong, especially not to a Slytherin. At least they're intelligent enough not to slam Snape in front of 'John'.

So, Snake Face is dead, and really most sincerely dead. Whatever will Albus do with no war? It's not like he really cares that much about student safety.

And it's going to be difficult for him to keep a slave collar around Snape with all this.

Sadly, Harry will likely continue to forget to have faith in Snape, especially once Sirius works him over...
kurofushichou126 chapter 17 . 7/24
This was awesome thanks for taking the time to type it up and post it
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 7/21
OHSH*T (repeat as required).

At least Harry believed Snape would come and get him.

And what a pity that neither Snape or Harry knows about Dumbledore keeping the Cloak that might have saved Lily, at least. Dear sweet Albus, striking at Snape to cover his own guilt.

If he has any, of course. I'm sure he's convinced himself it was all for the Greater Good by now (as is Harry's death. Neat soul revealing spell, by the way. Bummer of a birthmark Harry...).

Very good chapter, as always.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 7/16
Another excellent chapter. Yes, reading about hobbits would be a good thing for someone who must remain unfound. I don't blame Harry for being spooked by that graveyard.

It's a very good idea to get knowledge of the Horcruxes out in time to do something about them (though it would have helped to have done something before Moldy Oldy gets a real body back). However, turning him back into Vapormort will make hunting them down somewhat easier.

Harry is absolutely right about Sirius, and that was a lovely, lovely letter to put Sirius off and keep him from going berserk right when they need a bit of planning.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 7/8
I'm glad that Harry remembered about the Polyjuice, though seeing 'Mr. Crouch' on the map rather threw both of them off the scent a bit.

And I love the byplay between him and Ron, as well as Neville's casual remark about the Riddles.

The exploration of Riddle Manor is suitably spooky, and once again Harry remembers what he needs to.

Great chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 6/30
Oh, dear. Harry shouldn't have forgotten about the polyjuice. That's going to be important.

And yes, Snape is the person that Harry values most. It would certainly cause a lot of talk if Severus were held beneath the Lake. Sadly, Dumbledore might wish to let Sirius Black's petition go forward 'just to hide Snape's guardianship'. Um, yeah.

Obviously, we know whose story has not been told...

Interesting look at Snape's parents, though.
This was a fantastic story. Thank you
hazeldragon chapter 13 . 6/20
Rereading this amazing story and loving it even more. The Usual Suspects reference was spot on!
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 6/20
Very good chapter! And yet, the memory of a quidditch scrum or hunting for the Snitch could be used to hide a lot of memories. Everyone hates dodging Bludgers, after all.

But using The Hobbit is also a good method. A wand could be Sting, for instance, and there's always the spiders and the barrels...Barrels can hold a lot, after all.

Snape really needs to tell Harry what happened fairly soon. Should have done it in the summer while Harry could have his anger out unobserved by the WW, but it should be soon.

I wonder...is Snape going to be one who's underwater for the Lake task?
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 6/18
If Harry asked Snape the time, he would give Harry a clock factory.

And I'm glad he calls Harry 'John' and Harry calls him 'Dad'. Snape knows about being a guardian in ways Dumbledore never dreamed of, and that Harry will never tell about, in case there's some part of the Greater Good that means it will be taken away.

Amazing chapter. I wonder what Mrs. Sampson was going to teach 'John'?
Echo chapter 17 . 6/16
And after a day of getting lost in this story, I'd be damned to say that I didn't like it. Great job! (As always)
A chapter 10 . 6/12
So I'm rereading this story, as I had it saved as a favorite, and I love it all over again. Seriously you are awesome. Snape is soooooo perfect here. I mean it feels like canon would if Snape had ever turned nice, perfect characterization. His interactions with Harry and his nice but not really approach are just so on target. And also it has to be pointed out your characterization of Harry. So many fanfic writers make Harry feel very young when writing him the first 3 years, and it's like they've never met a 11/12/13 year old. You did a good job of making him a believable pre-teen/teenager. LOVE IT! Okay now I have to keep reading, because I can't stop lol.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 6/9
Harry has a good idea of how to work in most social situations that he runs into (though Richie Rich deserved the putdown). And...yes, he does feel like Snape is his dad; a reasonably strict one, but one that truly cares for his safety, and for what he likes. Harry is more comfortable in small quarters and likes his nook, and so he has one in the office there. Snape faces down the Dursleys and resorts to blatant bribery to make sure Harry is treated well.

And then there's the great circle Apparition training, which sounds really neat except for the throwing up stuff.

Harry, though, is trying to act like a son, so when he thinks of what potions could be made with the available ingredients, and letting Snape know what he thinks.

I love that he's having fun burying himself in The Hobbit. (hmmm, wonder how Sectumsepra would work on those Mirkwood spiders...).

I don't blame Snape for thinking Harry is a trouble magnet. He is.
Nikki Pond chapter 1 . 6/3
*blinks rapidly rather in surprise* Perfectly and Typical Snape. Honestly you have done a brilliant job keeping him in character and not making him soft.

*snorts at the thought of Dumbledore embracing Muggles by wearing weird robes* You have a brilliant way to make the situation entertaining and never awkward. Really great and you got me curious just in 1 chapter
1,150 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »