Reviews for Far Beyond a Promise Kept
Storyman09 chapter 17 . 9/10
This is getting a spot on my Favorites list. I really enjoyed the mentor/father relationship and the way in which it developed. I half wish there was an epilogue some years later after Harry graduates Hogwarts and writes his adventure book or maybe in his later years at Hogwarts, I wonder what other traits from Snape (and/or Sirius) he'd pick up and what he'd do with his life. On the the other hand though without the epilogue I can imagine. I'm glad I read "Far Beyond a Promise Kept."
-Storyman
Sweet story. Thank you for sharing.
dhamann7878 chapter 17 . 8/5
Really really enjoyed this story. so different from canon but in a definite good way
I really loved the boys' relationship. I enjoyed the story so much and for me everything just fell into place. Perfectly. Nothing so fast or slow... I wish i could elaborate further. It's just that while I was reading and Harry was suddenly calling Snape Dad I paused thinking whut happened... and shrugged because it just felt right and natural. It's very realistic and their actions were more than enough to tell us all the important bits. I love how they do talk but not about every single detail. It's very refreshing to see Harry grow gradually, I'm glad we get a realistic boy who is smart but sometimes does kid stuff too. A harry who is full of insecurities but does think. I love this perfect mix of slyness and bravery with a dash of flaws. And I absolutely loved that Snape had managed to protect and help harry through his cunning and potions. He was in character all throughout without being too obsessive or controlling and thank goodness there's no poor potter let sev go all fluffy and smother you then talk and get all wordy and emo then revenge on evil evil dursley who beat harry so badly that 7 horcrux isn't enough to keep him alive. Sorry I got carried away... This father son duo will be one of my favorite fics ever. And thanks for also giving us a realistic Sirius... In fact all your characters are great. Even the grandparents and they don't even have much screentime. Goodness I can almost see Tarrow house vividly. You're awesome at characterization and the greatest most awesomest is that I thought Fudge ain't so bad... And no Umbitch!
Ok this is my fave seviritus ever! Kbye
Kenislav chapter 17 . 7/19
Great story, thank you for writing it. When Daphne got mentioned in chapter 15 I had a slither of hope that there will be a little Harry/Daphne in it, but oh well :)
Floor chapter 17 . 7/8
Great story! Quite extensive as well, the speed at which Snape and Harry bonded was a bit too quick for my liking, but besides that it was awesome!
GuLaLi561 chapter 17 . 6/21
Such a beautiful story. Although at some point I wish Severus to be more soft and fatherly to Harry. But you really stick to the character to the end :)
Calmzone1 chapter 17 . 6/11
You did a great job from beginning to end. You stayed true to your characters and plot lines and finished strong. So glad I read it.
Navyangel85 chapter 17 . 6/7
Snapegrl1 chapter 6 . 6/4
Just found your story .I love Harry Potter and especially love that an alternate world exists in these stories .Please consider coming back so we all live in these stories and Harry Potter continues through you!
Come back
New fanbase here
What's there life now that Harry is free to be a real kid
And Snape as his dad
That would be great to do a sequel
I love this au
SmartKoala chapter 17 . 4/19
I loved this plot and how Snape being proactive in both helping Harry prepare as well as searching for Voltamort. The characterization and mentor development was very believable following canon. One of your best :)

Wish you had showed how things netted out for Sirius too.
narutomoonanime chapter 17 . 4/17
I think you should continue a new storie, a sequel , of this where the death eater revange in order of the phonix and so on . AND maybe votomore return that would be great . Reading this story was really awesome and I love it . Please continue a sequel .
Salome Maranya chapter 17 . 4/17
Warm and fuzzy feelings
Not too sentimental but still heartfelt
Gradual build up of a bond that is realistic and relatable
Good job