Reviews for Far Beyond a Promise Kept
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 5/25
Excellent chapter. Harry made the right choice-Remus Lupin is *still* lying by omission to him, and I suspect that Harry feels it even if he doesn't say it out loud to himself.

And so, now Snape knows that Peter is alive, and that his world is turned upside down. I hope Snape has the courage to tell Harry the rest of *his* truth before he signs the papers.

Dumbledore, of course, lies every times he opens his mouth, but hey, it's for the Greater Good...
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 5/17
I'm glad that Harry is trusting Snape rather than Lupin here; Remus knows how Sirius is getting into the school and isn't bothering to tell anybody.

I like how Harry works hard to regain Snape's trust in him. The fake kidnapping was kind of neat, actually.

And the research into what Voldemort is doing and where he is proceeding apace.
mariekjepower chapter 17 . 5/9
I know you finished this quite some time ago, but thank you for sharing this with us. It's a great story.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 5/7
Sadly, Snape is quite right about Lupin not telling the truth and allowing Sirius Black to roam about the school (even before knowing Sirius was innocent). But Harry can't imagine what kind of threat Remus could be...

Well, he'll find out. And I'm sure he'll still find a way to have a good laugh at the man who is working hard trying to keep him alive. After all, Harry has to fit in with the other Gryffindors.

And I think it's sad that in 90% of all Snape mentors Harry stories that Snape just has to hate the Slytherins. Just to reassure Harry how special he is.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 5/1
This is an amazing chapter. And Snape is totally right about Voldie & Co not waiting till morning, amusing themselves with Veritaserum, and other possible interesting fates for a kid.

As ever, Lupin can't wait to have fun with Snape, and Harry, alas, is all for it. Even after all the clothing and care he got from Snape that summer.

But Harry is a kid, and Remus is *supposed* to be a grownup.

Then again, Remus will always be a Marauder, despite his pretense to be otherwise civilized, and we'll learn that being a Marauder is more important than the children's safety. Of course he's going to find a way to mock good old Snivvy.

Fortunately, Snape *is* a grownup. Or as much of one he can be with Dumbles' slave collar around his neck.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/25
That's a really interesting way of curing a cold (too bad there isn't a bezoar stone for chemo).

And Harry gained a lot of useful experience from Harry Hunting, though I love his reaction of being able to throw back *all* the dodgeballs at once; and I suggest that most DEs aren't as good at ducking as Snape (who had the Marauders for his training crew).

I love the Death by Embarrassment, snicker! Trust Snape to understand the importance of underwear.
kittensgalor chapter 17 . 4/24
The ending was perfect.. just sayin'
FFFG chapter 17 . 4/21
Thank you so much for the read. I thoroughly enjoyed myself over the past few days of reading this and I would like to relay my gratitude for the work that went into this. It was enjoyable, the plot was organic and the overall reading experience flowed well. I have no points of contention with pretty much anything that happened (and for me that is rare) so I'll leave off with a hearty congratulations. KTN
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 4/19
Excellent chapter. Yes, Nintendo would be good for training reflexes-and Harry actually realizes that he needs help with his, despite his Seeker training.

Plus, I fear there really was a big black dog at the door earlier that night.

Harry is actually *thinking* about Dumbledore's concern for him. Yay! That will help keep him alive!

The pickup on the potions ingredients went about as well as could be expected, given that Snape is close to collapse. And the Knight Bus was about the only good solution Harry could come up with.

Hmm...yes, I wonder about that James person, too, whoever he might be.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/16
Excellent beginning. I don't blame Snape for being suspicious about Remus at the school (as we know how it all turned out), along with Sirius Black. The crack about Peter was deliciously ironic, as it was meant to be.

Snape had good timing catching Harry out when he did, too. I suspect that if the Potions Master knew who the dog was, there would have been a lot more hexes, too!

Harry is actually listening to Snape, yay! Now that is *definitely* AU. I don't blame Snape for having someplace to himself that Albus doesn't know about (he must have hated being stuck at Spinners' End with Wormtail for a babysitter).
Blueberry Babe chapter 17 . 4/13
Thank You so much for your style of Harry/Snape mentor stories. They are very well done and I prefer them to the original. I look forward to reading your next installment.
jilumasam chapter 17 . 4/10
Brilliant story. Thanks for writing.
NatNicole chapter 2 . 3/23
Haha, AWESOME! This is a LOT more realistic than many other Snape-looks-after-Harry fics. I love how when Snape figured out how sucky Harry's childhood really was, he didn't starts getting empathetic and instead was all "My life sucks, your life sucks, now sit down, shut up and listen".
WRose chapter 17 . 3/5
LOVE IT
Bil chapter 17 . 3/1
Fabulous story. I love your Snape and Harry and I really enjoyed watching their tentative steps towards and understanding. Your solution for getting rid of Voldemort was brilliant. I liked how you treated Dumbledore and wise and powerful but ultimately as human and falliable as the rest of us. I also liked the addition of Snape's parents. Fantastic work!
1,134 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »