Reviews for Far Beyond a Promise Kept
Sony Boy chapter 17 . 8/22
Interesting how you wrote this story. I enjoyed reading it very much.
SusanL chapter 17 . 8/16
I'm not ready to let go of them. Your character interactions and all the little bits of "normal" you bring in are perfection.
SusanL chapter 13 . 8/16
You are absolutely brilliant at setting a scene. It's so easy to see this play out in my mind.
dp chapter 17 . 8/14
... and it's been a pleasure to read, thanks a lot for your diligent work AND for completing the story !
SusanL chapter 3 . 8/16
Your dialogue flows beautifully. I'm a sucker for good dialogue.
SusanL chapter 1 . 8/16
A first chapter packed full of everything good! I'm sad there are only sixteen more.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 8/1
As ever, Sirius Black gets to walk and is totally off the hook for anything he ever did to Snape. Why am I not surprised.

But perhaps losing Harry and knowing he has to be decent (for the first time in his life) to Snape if he ever wants to see Harry again will be enough. Unless he decides to try to kill Snape again just so he can have Harry, you never know.

Nice look at Toby and Eileen, too. Snape does have family which he's managed to keep out of the war.

Good ending, and Harry is smarter than I thought. Very well done.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 7/27
You know, an apology from both James and Lily would seem to be appropriate-but of course, they're Gryffindors and therefore have never done anything wrong, especially not to a Slytherin. At least they're intelligent enough not to slam Snape in front of 'John'.

So, Snake Face is dead, and really most sincerely dead. Whatever will Albus do with no war? It's not like he really cares that much about student safety.

And it's going to be difficult for him to keep a slave collar around Snape with all this.

Sadly, Harry will likely continue to forget to have faith in Snape, especially once Sirius works him over...
kurofushichou126 chapter 17 . 7/24
This was awesome thanks for taking the time to type it up and post it
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 7/21
OHSH*T (repeat as required).

At least Harry believed Snape would come and get him.

And what a pity that neither Snape or Harry knows about Dumbledore keeping the Cloak that might have saved Lily, at least. Dear sweet Albus, striking at Snape to cover his own guilt.

If he has any, of course. I'm sure he's convinced himself it was all for the Greater Good by now (as is Harry's death. Neat soul revealing spell, by the way. Bummer of a birthmark Harry...).

Very good chapter, as always.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 7/16
Another excellent chapter. Yes, reading about hobbits would be a good thing for someone who must remain unfound. I don't blame Harry for being spooked by that graveyard.

It's a very good idea to get knowledge of the Horcruxes out in time to do something about them (though it would have helped to have done something before Moldy Oldy gets a real body back). However, turning him back into Vapormort will make hunting them down somewhat easier.

Harry is absolutely right about Sirius, and that was a lovely, lovely letter to put Sirius off and keep him from going berserk right when they need a bit of planning.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 7/8
I'm glad that Harry remembered about the Polyjuice, though seeing 'Mr. Crouch' on the map rather threw both of them off the scent a bit.

And I love the byplay between him and Ron, as well as Neville's casual remark about the Riddles.

The exploration of Riddle Manor is suitably spooky, and once again Harry remembers what he needs to.

Great chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 6/30
Oh, dear. Harry shouldn't have forgotten about the polyjuice. That's going to be important.

And yes, Snape is the person that Harry values most. It would certainly cause a lot of talk if Severus were held beneath the Lake. Sadly, Dumbledore might wish to let Sirius Black's petition go forward 'just to hide Snape's guardianship'. Um, yeah.

Obviously, we know whose story has not been told...

Interesting look at Snape's parents, though.
This was a fantastic story. Thank you
hazeldragon chapter 13 . 6/20
Rereading this amazing story and loving it even more. The Usual Suspects reference was spot on!
1,156 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »