Reviews for Far Beyond a Promise Kept
ImUpToNoGood chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
This is starting out quite nicely. While the theme is fairly standard, with Snape-rescues-Harry-from-the-Dursleys, your approach is unusual, and certainly closer to canon than most of this genre. Both Snape and Harry are in character, and you have avoided making Harry too young and weak, or too independent for his age and personality. Likewise, Snape doesn't see the Dursleys being mean to Harry and suddenly change his opinion of him. This is very believable - even the little touches, such as Snape not having a guest room. (Can you see him even wanting one?)

I love Dumbledore's outfits. I also love that you have not made him maliciously meddlesome, nor perfect. He is what he is. You do a good job of balancing the characters.

Can't wait to see where you take this.
Accidental Child chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
This story is very interesting. The summary at the top made me want to read it, and the chapter it's self was very interesting. In simple words, I hope the next chapter is as good as this one! CX
Outofthisworldgal chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
hmm interesting start. I haven't read a story like this one yet I am pleased. Are you going to have Snape find out that Harry is not that pampered prince he thinks he is and that the Dursley were abusing him like a house elf? Of course I will find out but I like thinking ahead :P
Keep up the good work can't wait for more.
lavishone chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Great start! Eager for more as always...
Hesperis chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Wow, new story! It's superb! I like the way how you write Snape - he is Snape, the dungeon bat, but he is a human too.
I'm looking forward the next chapters!
rusulka7 chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
What a great start, so pleased youve begun another story, your attention to detail is very believable and youve kept nicely to the characters. Had to laugh at Dumbledores horrendous outfit, sounds like he was channeling Elvis!
lulummy chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
interesting plot!
Trixie's mom chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Very intriguing! I like that you are keeping the characters' personalities fairly consistent with canon while adding depth to Snape. He seemed like such a secondary character throughout the books. Learning about his profound role in Harry's life at the very end just left me wanting to know more about him. The idea that Snape's oft-mentioned "greasy hair" was just a protection against student accidents in Potions class was a great touch!

I'm looking forward to following this path you've taken.
marieincolour chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
It's been a while since I've read HP-fanfiction, but if I was going to return for anything it would have to be one of your fics. :) Exciting so far, can't wait to read more!
Mystical G Panther chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Awesome! I can't wait to read more!
cara-tanaka chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Love it looking forward to more. Can't wait.
1,361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 81 88 89 90 91