Reviews for To Catch A Predator
Swiftlet in the Cloud chapter 44 . 7/24
Wow I can't believe it's the end of the "Spark in the Dark" series for now (hopefully). I've greatly enjoyed this journey and absolutely love the relationship between Dick and Bruce that you have written the most (which you probably was able to tell from my multiple reviews commenting on that. Hopefully, it didn't become too redundant for you.) Anyway, again I love this series to the bottom of my heart and can't wait to see what you will come up with in the future. Best wishes, and thanks again for an awesome journey.
Swiftlet in the Cloud chapter 39 . 7/24
I'm glad Bruce, Dick, and Alfred are reunited and safe now. As much as I love your Alfred and your work of showing how much he cares for Bruce and Dick in this chapter and throughout your stories, I can't help but be a bit annoyed at him sometimes for blaming Bruce or being so quick to find Bruce at fault for something (even though I know that Alfred shows tremendous patient and restraints). Like particularly in this chapter when Alfred is confronting Bruce about agreeing to split up with Dick. I get that Alfred has been worried out of his mind, unable to contact the others, and you did a great job in working that conversation and then ending it with Alfred saying he'll try to reserve judgment until he heard the whole story, but it still annoyed me that Alfred was "guilting" Bruce even more on a decision that Bruce had a hard time making in the first place. Maybe it's a bias that I have as a reader who is able to know all side of the story compared to the character, but it's one of the aspects that doesn't make Alfred's character as adoring to me. Like when he's burning Bruce's breakfasts on purpose or being cold to him, I get that Alfred's way of showing his displeasure with Bruce's choices but I'd wished sometimes he would just tell Bruce what's going on instead of making the man questioned everything thing he did, being even more insecure than he really is. Anyway, this might be going on a weird tangent but it's something I've notice throughout the series and I just wanted to comment on that at last.

Aside from that, love your writing as always. It's a scene from two chapters ago but how you describe and show what Bruce was feeling when he thought Dick was dead, wow. Powerful and painful.
Swiftlet in the Cloud chapter 1 . 7/22
"I'm not eight any more, Bruce. I don't come crawl into bed with you every time I've had a bad dream like I used to."
"Until lately you never /wanted/ to have secrets from me, the billionaire thought with a twinge of sadness."

This makes me feel so sad! Especially since I've been on a binge with your stories lately so it was only like last week when Dick was only eight and now he's fourteen! Sweet baby Dick and protective Dad!Bruce fluff was my life and now Dick is all grown up. *cries!*

Thanks for sharing as always!
I really love your stories so far and I had an idea for a story in the Spark in the Dark series. Bruce teaching Dick how to drive. You don't have to write it, it's just a suggestion
I just read my way through every single part of this series, and I am completely blown away by how well it's written. It is seriously amazing, a true gift to the fandom, and I want like a million more words of it.
aliceinundrlnd chapter 4 . 6/4
zap
Chmia chapter 39 . 4/25
I am trying so hard to finish this chapter without laughing out loud. Oh, Alfred, you are perfect, lol.
Lady Dragonryder chapter 1 . 4/7
I'm hesitant to start reading this one; it's the last of the series so far. (I spent the last 3 days plowing through the A Spark In The Dark series and this is the last one chronologically, currently.) I see on your profile that you intend to write a sequel to this story (and possibly more in the series?); but I'm confused. I couldn't find a link to your fandom writings on the site listed on your profile, and Fanon Fanatic hasn't been updated since October. Are you still planning to write more in this universe? I sincerely hope so; I've adored every second of this journey. I particularly like how you write Clark (in addition to the three main characters). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my hesitation to read this story is entirely a compliment-I don't want the journey with Dick and Bruce to end. Please advise me as to where I can find your future writing in this universe, if you still plan to continue it. Thank you so much!

-Robin
ChainedCloud chapter 3 . 3/24
Who is Erwin? Pedophilic?! CPS?

OMG WHAT HAPPENED?

I can't find your fanfic with him. Will it have one?
Fernandidilly-yo chapter 44 . 2/23
I loved this story so much!
I really enjoyed your writing style. I think it's unique how you have their dialog and their thoughts all in one paragraph. So you can see what they said, and part of what they wanted to say but didn't have the guts to do so. I also really liked how Bruce and Dick have their silent conversations you did such a good job with that. And you are able to make it all flow seamlessly.

I loved how you portrayed Dick's character in this. You were able to show how smart, resilient, and giving he is, but at the same time show that he is only 14 and still needs Bruce at times.
I really liked what you did, when things got to overwhelming for Dick he would snap into Robin mode. That was a nice touch. I liked little things too, like when Dick called Bruce a doofus, or in the last chapter in 'The Ache of Cowardice' where he called Bruce a 'big dork' those things made me laugh and I loved it.
I liked that even though they were on a serious mission Dick was still making jokes like calling himself 'pseudonymous wonder', or calling Bruce 'uncognominated comrade' that really showed his character, it was great.

You do a fantastic job of portraying Alfred's character. It might just be me, but I have a bit of trouble with him. Because he is polite, and stays in his place. And in doing so he has to be a bit stand offish, but not in a unloving way. And I have a bit of trouble with that, but you do such a good job.

Something I liked about your stories is how you loop back around, or bring up things that we as readers might have forgotten. Like how when Dick talked about being fat, and then later Bruce wouldn't let him get fat-free milk in his coffee. (That's the only one I could think of off the top of my head) But I loved when you would touch back on those types of things. Most writers (I'm sure myself included) Might have thrown in the fact that Dick is insecure about his weight, but than just left it at that. I like that you come back to those things. Because even if Dick forgot about what he said, Bruce didn't.

I think you do such a good job of making Bruce into a father. I just love how he is always observing always watching and listening to Dick for later analysis. Even if Dick doesn't think so, Bruce is always observing. (Which kind of sounds creepy) But he's Batman what do you expect. I like things you threw in there, like when Dick was talking about his nightmare, and Bruce thought he should read things on children psychology. I think that is what someone like Bruce would do. And I love that Bruce wants Dick to talk to him, and tell him things. And he is afraid that someday Dick won't be so open with him anymore. I love the father son relationships in your stories.

I also thought it was a nice touch that Bruce goes to Alfred for advice. I think he would because Alfred isn't just the family butler he is like a father to Bruce, and as such would be there to give advice.

The actual story of course was great. I like that you ease us into the story, it doesn't just take off. And then when the adventure is over, you don't just stop there. You give us a few more chapters to ease us back down, make sure the characters are okay, then an epilogue. I really appreciate that. It gives us some time to see Bruce and Dick being normal, and happy. (You know before all crap breaks lose) And I love those moments they are some of my favorite when the two of them are just goofing off. Or just talking.

This was one of my favorite fan-fictions ever. Thank you so much for writing it. I loved how you portrayed Bruce and Dick's relationship in this. I like your other stories where Dick is a little kid too. But I just loved the stories you write where Dick is becoming a teenager. I really hope that you are planning on writing more with him being around this age. Are you? That would make me so happy.

So anyway, this is really long already so I'll stop there. I could probably talk about how much I loved this story all day. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing fic with us...Fernandidilly-yo out.
Pixie07 chapter 44 . 12/27/2015
This was an amezing story
JaggerK chapter 44 . 12/17/2015
I have really been enjoying your stories. I'm intrigued to know who the friend is who knows the antique arms dealer is.
GirlWithACurl chapter 44 . 11/16/2015
Well done! I've now finished all stories currently in the Spark in the Dark series. I hope there will be more coming?!

I'd appreciate less f-bombs, though.
pupeez4eva chapter 44 . 9/27/2015
So I've really been enjoying this series :) can't wait to read more! The fact that you've created an OC female that isn't mary-sue-ish at all, and I can't actually imagine being in the comic books, makes me respect you A LOT. I'm actually looking forward to seeing gina appearing in some other fics of yours :) can't wait to read the rest of these!
africaflower77 chapter 44 . 9/25/2015