Reviews for A Veil of Prophecy
Ink Of Many Shades chapter 15 . 6/16/2013
Argh! I loved this story so much. I know literally nothing about the Targaryens- besides what we know from ASOIAF- but I really got sucked into this. I loved Maekar and Aelinor, both of them. Definitely one of my favourite fanfics ever. :)
pinke289 chapter 14 . 3/21/2013
A few words were cut from my last review so i thought i'd post it here again because it sounds weird.I can't believe another of your fic's has ended. Maekars death was so sad. :]
pinke289 chapter 15 . 3/21/2013
I can't believe another of your fic's has 's death was so sad but im glad he was reunited with Aelinor and it was great to see Daella with children and Aegon and Rhae with theirs. I have a couple of questions what's the sequal about? What made you choose the name Rhaegar for Aerion's son? and Who was Rhaegars poor mother? looking forward to the sequal :]
Oberon Sexton chapter 15 . 3/20/2013
Aerion's son :O I always forget about him and Daeron's daughter nice little appearances there.

I really, really loved that Maekar had that moment with Daella and her children and how the etching brought him peace when he needed it. She's such a kind, sweet person and it was great seeing that she brought so much happiness to her father, really that they all brought him joy despite everything going on in his life.

And the final confrontation with Haegon was perfect , it was almost as if Maekar was facing down his own self hatred and vanquishing it so that not only he could move on after everything but also so that he could give his children and grandchildren an era of peace, and the rest he got at the end reunited with Aelinor was extremely well deserved.

This was an excellent story that truly captured the life and heart of a great man who's life was wrought with struggle and loss, and above all family. Well done!
Oberon Sexton chapter 14 . 3/19/2013
I found it absolutely fascinating how you showed the Targaryen funeral and the image of them all standing out in the cold as Aelinor is embraced by the flames is a great visual and that you had Ser Galend stand watch with Maekar was very touching.

Maekar's grief confounded by his own state of mind was really interesting, especially how he struggled to cling to the dream of her.

But of course the rebellions never stop do they? Not even for the broken hearted..

Lovely chapter, I can't wait for the next!
Oberon Sexton chapter 13 . 3/12/2013
And so it happens. Aelinor is gone along with the feeble peace she held together.
Seeing Maekar's quiet reaction and the subtle gesture of covering her hip was beautiful and very true to her character.

I like how you also wove Bloodraven's imprisonment into her death yet didn't compromise his character or what we know of him.

This leaves Maekar, and the rest of the family in such a shocking state I cannot wait to see how things turn out!
pinke289 chapter 13 . 3/11/2013
First Aerion now Aelinor's dead poor Maekar. Im going to miss her but i cant wait to find out how Maekars going to act now that he's lost his one true love. Great chapter. :]
Bess Woodville chapter 12 . 3/7/2013
This was probably my favourite chapter, it was absolutely packed with action and good prose. I adore your Blackfyre OC (great minds think alike) and Aelinor and Maekar's relationship is like fine wine, better with age - or at least as we go along :) please update ASAP!

BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO KILL MY DARLING BEAUTIFUL AERION NO! :) till next time.
pinke289 chapter 12 . 3/4/2013
Aerion's dead i cant believe it i know he was evil but i'm going to miss him a little. I like Alaenys a little better as she's getting to know and like Maekar and his family but i hate when she calls Daeron falseborn. The scene at the end between Maekar and Aelinor was lovely. Please update soon. :]
pinke289 chapter 11 . 2/26/2013
I don't like Alaenys for calling Aelinor a whore and the way she talks to Maekar but maybe she'll grow on me when we see more of her. I wonder what Aerion's reaction's going to be when he finds out he's not going to be chapter update soon please. :]
Soso-lack-imagination chapter 11 . 2/25/2013
Great chapter as usual! I already like Alaenys and I'm already eager to see how what's going to happen to her. "All the pain, all the disillusionment, all the disappointments, the neverending battles, Daeron's death, the truth about Aerion's nature – all was in her name", I found this sentence really powerful and moving.

Yet I'm so saaaad that Daeron is dead! Even though is a minor character both in the books and in your story he really is one of my favourite.
Bess Woodville chapter 10 . 2/20/2013
You're writing is always a joy to my eyes! I loved this chapter, however I have a very bad feeling about Aelinor...
pinke289 chapter 10 . 2/18/2013
Another great chapter. I love the way you portray relationships in your fics the loving relationship between Aelinor and Maekar and Maekar's relationship with little Jaehaerys. Its weird knowing the fate of Aegon and his children Duncan will die Rhaelle is Roberts grandmother and smart Jaehaerys is father to mad Aerys. :]
Oberon Sexton chapter 10 . 2/16/2013
I always seem to forget about Daeron, it makes sense that he'd impart what he knows (or at least try to in his drunken state) to Jaehaerys and the boy has enough on his mind already and seeing Maekar have a moment was great.

It's interesting that Dunk has seen more to the Kingsguard, that aside from simply being bodyguards they do really care for the royal family, I'm reminded of Ser Barristan's relationship with Dany his almost grandfatherly affection for her, and of course Dunk's own closeness to Aegon. I can really see this as being the moment where Dunk the Lunk starts his journey to becoming Ser Duncan the Tall, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Very well done chapter, can't wait to see where it leads next!
Bess Woodville chapter 9 . 2/15/2013
Wow, the sympathy that you inspire us to feel for Maekae is extremely original and overwhelming! I love this new chapter! And the kindness he gives Aelinor is very heartwarming! Yes Jahaerys does seem to be getting cleverer! Maybe Maekar practically killing Baelor inspired him to pull out the coin line! :)