Reviews for A Single Strand Of Hair
VeroniqueClaire chapter 1 . 3/19
Gut-wrenching and gorgeous - you have such a beautiful way with language. The flow of the storytelling, of one scene to the next, the balance of dialog and emotions is just masterful. You're a wonderful writer.
Soccer-chan chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
I'm making small strangled noises. Is this normal? Whatever.
This story was really sweet and true... I dunno. I loved being swept up in the emotions.
*twirls awkwardly away to read your other stories*
Aufera chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
I love this story! It's no nice to see Rumple's fears at the same time that you so cleverly show us that Belle is not as assured herself - it brings out the humanness of them both. Especially Belle, I think. Many other stories portray her as completely free of fear and uncertainty and I think that's a bit off from the truth.

Loved the ending, it was perfect and everything it should be! (But I have to say that the strand of hair that started burning, though utterly romantic and poetic and believable, constantly gives me the thought that Belle's and Rumple's hair (that is attached to their heads) should start burning too every time they kiss, leaving them bald. It's so not letting me finish reading this with serious emotions :P)
Aynessa chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Love this! So so much.

What makes this utterly perfect is his words at the end. Utterly wonderful.
aradiaeva chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Great fic. Loved seeing Rumple go back and forth with the temptation of testing their love. Beautifully written and in character.
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
THis was very sweet!
Deadly Chakram chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Phew! Finally getting a chance to sit and read this! (Read: I am procrastinating in finishing decorating for Christmas.)

"His hand traced her face, just briefly, too briefly (seconds alone out of centuries that even combined could not equal this scarce instant). Fingers lingered, then moved back into her hair, tucking an errant strand back behind her ear."
Very cool. Also kinda makes me think of Clark and Lois.

"Almost, he dropped it, let it flutter away into the night. Almost…but not quite."
His nature right there.

"He had seen her walk away from him too many times already"
Ouch. Poor guy. (It's my turn to give those away, it seems. Hehe!)

"Because he had let her go thrice already and surely it would be easier a fourth time."
That really does sum him up, doesn't it? Trying to apply logic and reason to something like love, which exists outside those same realms.

"dark against white (a true reversal of positions)"
Oooh! Love that!

"And there, where only instants earlier he had held perfection, he now held brokenness."
My heart just broke for him.

"And he was weak, even at his most powerful."
Love this too!

"Not a dungeon, this time, except in that it locked him out."
Very cool way of putting that. :)

"Other times he stood at the door and watched her laugh and smile and sparkle at the library's patrons, young and old, beautiful and ugly, kind and rude, all alike."
She *does* kind of sparkle, huh?

"Afraid of what would happen if it didn't glow and turn to pure magic.
Afraid of what would happen if it did."
That's a perfect summary for the crux of Rumple. He thinks of himself as a coward, no matter what choice he makes. I always find it incredible and very human when some of the most powerful beings around get unsure of themselves. Rumple is afraid to be human and afraid to be the Dark One who will lose Belle for certain. And, to throw back to Superman, Clark is afraid of *losing* his humanity to the superhero and, in the process, losing *Lois.*

"Her thoughts were so clear, so transparent, just like the glass, showing clearly the glittering hair inside."
Love this.

"and he threaded fingers through hers as adeptly as he had once woven thread,"
What a cool image!

"Or maybe he could be brave."

"And then she kissed him."
This whole section is just beautiful.

"an act of courage that would go unsung in legends yet was surely just as staggering as those immortalized in song and story."
Awesome. :)

Great story! Interesting new style of writing, coming from you. I enjoyed it. :) Keep up the amazing work, my friend!
MissFaerieKaiti chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
*doesn't wanna breathe for fear of breaking the wonderful spell you cast with your story* x333

Oh. Em. Gee. I don't even know how to start this review. It was so incredibly realistic; I could so see every part actually happening. I could hear the voices as I read the dialogue. They were completely in character. And I see Rumple slowly becoming braver - not because he never feared, but because he was able to reveal his fears to her each time.

And that ending? I adore how you had Rumple use Belle's line from canon!

I absolutely love every bit of this story, even the parts where my heart was literally aching from all the uncertainty and doubts our favorite former Dark One was experiencing. x3333

Amazing. Amazing, amazing, amazing. n_n
Hermitess chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Oh, this made my heart ache in the sweetest way.
Who'sObsessed10 chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Awww, so sweet. I love the concept too, it's rather brilliant. I can totally see Rumple doing exactly this. I think you did an amazing job of capturing his character in this-his uncertainty, his fear-and I loved it.
Silver E. Sparrow chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Aww warm fuzzies. I am filled with warm fuzzies all around. This story just put a big smile on my face _. I am going through Rumbelle withdrawal, I need more scenes on screen of these sadists together whether making me happy or making sad I just need them. I would prefer happy though.
Just 2 Dream of You chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
This was beyond amazing. The very fact that you don't have more reviews for this is p*ssing me off. Seriously, people. SERIOUSLY.

The emotion that you put into this was palpable. You really delved into his psyche more than anyone I've seen do. The OCD ritual of pulling his hair and then deciding not to was brillient. The whole thing was mezmorizing.

Excellent, excellent job ;)
Clockwork Mockingbird chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Aaaand my heart just melted.
Lurid Amaranthine chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
This is a beautifully written story, and you are wonderful at keeping them in character. I have added this little gem to my favorites.
landscapegirl chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
LOVE IT! Also really love the line "he had given up plans and sound judgement and patience for her..." and I really like how he has this obsession over her hair. I like how you've structured this story, the rhythm of returning to the hair every few moments, like a Greek chorus, or something...And I like how Rumple thinks objects will be easier than the relationship (the cup, the library)... so neatly encapsulated there! I also love that Belle also has no idea how to proceed with their love and their relationship - that is so honest, and just REAL!