Reviews for A City Upon A Hill
CrazyHades chapter 5 . 12/3/2015
Ah man. That's it? I was really enjoying this story too.
CrazyHades chapter 1 . 12/3/2015
Damn, that was a story in and of itself. I absolutely loved it! Definitely a lot more in-depth than I expected when I looked up a Deus Ex/Mass Effect Crossover. Wonder how that Hanar and other races will react when they find out their 'Gods' are, more or less, under the protection, and a part, of the Systems Alliance.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/3/2015
I wonder how liara is going to react when she finds out that the protheans are still living. Should be interesting to say the least!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
Your world building from technological and settlement perspective is excellent. The only weakness is in your political scenarios. The Templars and such could be excused as an antagonist to Cerebus when in reality no US affiliated government would allow two such organizations to grow so powerful without being fully infiltrated by the FBI. The Frieden Union is where the real problem is. You can't portray the System Alliance as stable, competent and growing but at the same time basically ignoring the Frieden Union. Either the colonies joined voluntarily in which case the SA would destroy them even if they threatened to kill them selves or the colonies are conquered in which case can you ever imagine the US would ever ignore the occupation of any of its territory by someone else? Even if the government ignored it the population would be going crazy pushing for war to get their land back.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
This was great up until the Frieden Union joke. It made no sense and came across as pulled out of thin air. No stable government would have stood by and allowed an outside group to seize it's colonies. It was dumb. To make it work you have to show the System Alliance government is as weak and broken as that of Syria or Iraq. You didn't and tried to show the SA was a strong and stable government. That was the unbelievable part. The easy way you should have used is just make it a rebellion of colonies against the SA because Earth corporations were screwing them or Earth was overtaxing them. If would have been easy to make it believable. What you di came across as a complete joke.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/17/2015
update please
IansInsane chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
This...
Is fucking dedication mate...
sol113 chapter 1 . 7/14/2015
Lots of thought provoking material here.
Since it has been a while since the last update to your stories History Deferred and City Upon A Hill, I humbly ask that if you have discontinued it (which is your right) could you tell me what the ending or at least what was the story outline (like a summary even if it was just ideas) going to be; i.e. was the Alliance going to grind the Batarian Hegemony into dust before a new war with the Friedens breaks out (on that note how did the Friedens manage to cause the SA so many problems in two interstellar wars when I presume they can't use augmented soldiers without revealing themselves to be hypocrites to their followers), are the 'New weapons' the council of peyans mentioned in the presence of Jack Harper just stolen reaper tech, would humans be a unifying force in the galaxy like canon Shepard was or would a war with the Batarians or someone else in view of the council race terrorize aliens into trying to oppose them (easily believable given weapons like the transluminal cannons you mentioned for their dreadnoughts). And over in History Deferred did you have a solid idea for whether Weir's speech at the beginning of chapter 7 about hope and coming together would work. Or if there was a large scale humans vs Goa'uld space battle to showcase your undoubtably badass take on spacefighter tactics and treating each Goa'uld as an individual and not cartoon caricatures.
These are just some of the countless questions your stories raised.
While I do hope these deep and intelligent stories haven't been abandoned I must ask and hope to at least get an insight into how they were going to unfold.

Please enlighten me on the course the story was going to take or even update it if you want as I know I can't be the only one wondering.
envy34 chapter 5 . 4/5/2015
oh... crap that's not very good at all now is it?
envy34 chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
I love this timeline!
Guest chapter 3 . 2/11/2015
Who has been selling Earths technology if only the Alliance and Cerberus has made it through the gateway relay to the Terminus?
I know you made Earth tech so advanced that nothing in Citadel space could possibly compete with them, but you should at least try and make the evening of the playing field logical.
It can't even be blamed on the indoctrinated Templars, since they haven't made it to the Terminus from what you have said so far.
enji-benjy chapter 2 . 2/11/2015
Like the story so far. I thought the Citadel anti-AI laws were drawn up as a result of the Quarians turning on their Geth creations and subsequently being driven from the home world.
goodpie2 chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
IT'S SO LONG!
reallyfreakingnerdy chapter 5 . 12/9/2014
It's a shame this hasn't updated. This is an incredibly well thought out fic that really uses it's source materials exquisitely.
jfcwtfusernames chapter 5 . 12/1/2014
Another brilliant mass effect crossover woefully unfinished.