Reviews for A City Upon A Hill
Verina Du'Arden chapter 5 . 11/7/2021
Too bad the author of this excellent story in ether dead or lost all interest in continuing any of his/her stories.
JC Denton-TheAugmentedGod chapter 5 . 7/17/2021
Humanity has definitely advanced a lot since my time. I hope you update soon or eventually?
Guest chapter 1 . 3/27/2020
the fact that the alliance didn't immediately start retaliatory strikes against Frieden worlds is stupid
mr guy chapter 1 . 9/18/2018
the whole alliance/friedan wars is unbelievably stupid, you cannot go from a terrorist organisation to a 200 ship organisation in a few years, you also cannot kill large parts of your own people and others without eventual collapse and civil war, there are no ifs and buts about it.
Sovereign49 chapter 5 . 3/18/2018
While the story is obviously abandoned, I'll comment anyway.

Overall I like this story, even though the Deus Ex Part is arguably mostly names and some background story. Most of the things the System Alliance has today, could have been acquired without the Deus Ex background.

There are a few things I have to put into question though.
1) Those Frieden folk seem to have developed to a pretty big size seemingly out of nothing, how could the Alliance not have responded to that thread sooner?

2) I can't imagine any government that makes 'peace' with a faction such as those Frieden guys. They slaughtered hundreds of millions in (nuclear) terrorist attacks, add to that military actions.
The sooner their little empire is slaughtered the better.

3) The Alliance seems to be able to have control over Mass Relays they tampered with. Why not use that control to practically cut off all Frieden worlds from Mass Effect travel? Sure, they'd still have the Fold-Drives, but at least that's one possible mode of transport you cut them off from.

4) The same point makes me question why the Batarians could attack Horizion. I would imagine that you would could traffic to human world off, or at least monitor it (IFF-System or something).
There is no way other than conventional FTL travel the raiders should have been able to get to Horizon, but I doubt that pirates would explore solar systems with regular FTL.

5) Why exactly is the Alliance still protecting the independent colonies? That's like Bavaria saying they are now independent from Germany, won't pay any taxes towards Germany, but still get the benefits they want out of Germany ...

6) Ok, this is nitpicking, but Aria drinking Noverian Rum in 2152 is impossible. Noveria was founded in 2163.

Well, that's all from me. Honestly don't now why I wasted my time commenting, but I just had to write those things down.

Cheers
SaintMichael95 chapter 5 . 8/28/2017
Wow this is a very interesting and well written story, it's really too bad that you've abandoned it and all f your other stories. It just means you're a typical fanfiction author
DaToskin chapter 1 . 12/1/2016
So, you were able to combine Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Ghost in the Shell and bit of Halo. Wow. Motherfreaking wow.
Vovan1 chapter 5 . 10/2/2016
Finally, a Deus Ex/Mass Effect crossover that incorporates Sarif's ending and actually goes transhuman. I like the developed timeline very much. The mention of Typhoon, CASIE and Icarus implants was great. Glad, that you remember about the electrogravity systems. Please, update this story!
2lazy2login chapter 5 . 9/10/2016
The premise is flawed. If humans are getting nano augs and the line between organic and synthetic is being rapidly eliminated then they've effectively achieved the "Synthesis" ending of ME3 and the Reapers' motivations now make even LESS sense than they did before.

If Nazara was going to do something in this situation it should probably be updating the others on the situation and watching to see how it develops. Failing that, it should be working AGAINST these Templar chucklefucks since they're endangering a promising, potentially unprecedented development.

A lot of wank has taken place here and you effectively wrote yourself into a corner when it comes to any meaningful conflict. :P
Fernix13 chapter 5 . 8/17/2016
Oh man, one of the best fanfics out here, i did not expect nazara to ally with templars.

You are doing all of it just right, great timetable, intelligent alliance, devious templars, council that actually thinks, nice tech but no monopoly cuz im pretty sure council will try to upgrade plasma tech from union but still most of the cookies are in alliances box, good cerberus, fleet tactics are pretty... realistic, they are also flexible. The only thing thats out of the box is that whole teleporting-rounds-behind-your-ships but its not that big of an issue.

Awaiting next chapter!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/13/2016
This story is too good to simplu die. Please, continue it! Also, I'd like mentions of CASIE and such non-combat implants.
2Xenos chapter 5 . 4/9/2016
It's a shame that this Story be died
Guest chapter 5 . 4/1/2016
update please
OfAllTrades chapter 5 . 3/20/2016
Are the humans cripplingly overpowered? Yeah.

Is it very satisfying to read an epic Curb-Stomp in favor of the good guys? Definitely.

Hope the story isn't dead.
Old Diggy chapter 5 . 12/3/2015
Ah man. That's it? I was really enjoying this story too.