Reviews for nine2five 1,8 Cover Identities
Molotov chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
This shit be gettin' cray, son.
anthropocene chapter 4 . 11/27/2013
Yes, that was fun! Once again we get to enjoy the adept way you cleanly excise plot elements from the canon show and reassemble them like Legos to serve your AU. Hannah (coming for the art, not an install) still gets pulled into the spy work by Chuck, but willingly. Instead of nearly suffocating her, you do that to Shaw off-camera. Good! And the show took too much artistic license with cyclosarin, which kills people ugly, so I'm relieved that you didn't actually have to inflict the stuff on poor Sarah or Shaw. (I guess Vassilis wasn't briefed on what GF vapor actually smells like, either.)

Loved the line about the architectural designs for the sock drawer (evoking the image of Chuck's over-elaborate proposal plan in S4). And the Quiet Room made me envision the Cone of Silence from "Get Smart," though I assume your version of the CIA takes such resources more seriously than CONTROL did.

"...the thought that Sarah would have to watch, whatever happened." Surely Hannah would by now know that Sarah's already seen things like that, and worse. So is this a budding sisterly regard or am I reading even more into this...? I presume that I'll find out...

So nice to read this episode and know that Sarah and Chuck will be home together later, rather than having that awful "I have a type" conversation! But I'm left to ponder why Sarah can discuss her concerns about her sleepwalking (sleepspying?) husband with Ellie and Beckman, but not with Chuck herself. She's still something of the canon S3 "crap communicator" Sarah, maybe?

Good work, Marc. On to the next!
resaw chapter 4 . 8/4/2013
Neat variation on The Mask. As for the fight scene, although quite exciting if they are well presented in a TV show or movie, the details of the fight's "choreography" do not particularly interest me when on the written page.

So, in this four-chapter story, Charles Carmichael is asserting himself while Chuck sleeps. I am with Ellie, the General and Sarah in feeling somewhat alarmed at this development. But it makes for a very interesting story.

Nice to add Hannah and Carina to the story, especially Hannah as a fully aware member of the team.
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/2/2013
Was nice to see the whole team in action together. As for your fight scenes, I didn't see anything wrong with them. Might not be as flashy as on the show but they work.
garnetflint chapter 4 . 4/18/2013
Good badies, Intersect issues, No love triangles (quadralaterals) and a great cliffhanger. All in all nicely done!
garnetflint chapter 2 . 4/18/2013
Ok this chapter actually gave me Goose Bumps, or maybe the airconditioning just kicked in, but this was great. Much more enjoyable than the TV Mask!
ChuckFanForever chapter 4 . 12/6/2012
Sarah sprains an ankle folding laundry?! Chuck must really love her to believe that one! ;). Interesting addition about the Intersect taking over Chuck subconsciously. Enjoying your series a lot!
CubsKing chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
Another nice story. Keep up the great work!
somedeepmystery chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
My goodness, that was exciting! Princess Bride references. Oh dear, the baddies are going after Hannah.
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 11/12/2012
Yes Marc, it's a good thing that your nine2five series differs from the original. I haven't re-watched the first ten episodes of Season 3 since it aired. I hope your version permanently overwrites my brain!

I realize some of your lines are an attempt to distinguish the various personae, but that doesn't mean I can't see the humor in them! Case in point: "What are our resources, and don't forget to mention a wheelbarrow if we've got one." Just as it's a bit tough to tell the personae apart, I wonder how the characters must feel, dealing with the sudden shifts, maybe feeling a bit of pressure to respond appropriately? I loved Casey's comeback: "No wheelbarrows, Carmichael. We've got me on the outside, everyone else is dressed to the nines on the inside. Small sidearms, knives, the usual." Only in the spy world would "dressed to the nines on the inside" refer to the concealed weapons as well as/instead of formal wear!

The ending ratchets up the stakes a bit. Thanks for two updates this week!
Sudden Radiance chapter 3 . 11/12/2012
A great start to the chapter with the conversation between Casey and Carina. Carina's disdain and complete ignorance of Sarah's growth comes out so well: "She's got this husband now"! You followed that with a fitting tribute with Casey's line, "No one keeps Sarah Walker anywhere she doesn't want to be." Thus, her decision to be with Chuck, though made under duress at the end of S2, kinda warms the heart! This was a nice exchange!

I liked the flashback technique to review the previous night's events. I wonder what Shaw asked Sarah at the end of their time in the quiet room. Is it significant and will we be able to infer it later?
atcDave chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
Very fun chapter. I don't think you "suck" at fight scenes at all. I very much enjoyed having the whole team in on the bust, made for for an exciting and fun read.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
Great Chapter. I loved how Shaw along with Chuck's quick thinking in enlisting Hannah foiled the robbery and captured and killed many bad dudes. Please continue
BVR2109 chapter 3 . 11/8/2012
Been lax in reviewing but I have to say, I'm really enjoying how this 'episode' is turning out. Still lots of unexplained intrigue, so I'll sit and wait for the next update. Please just don't take too long. I get kind of sore if I sit too long.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 11/7/2012
Great chapter. I loved the pairing of Sarah and Shaw on this op. I loved the banter between Carina and Casey. Too Funny! please continue.