Reviews for Hope
Numpty chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Hey Kate!

I've finally gotten around to catching up with the people on my 'to read' list, and that means you! :)

This is a really nice snapshot of Dean's thinking process. I love that he doesn't consider hope a 'solid strategy', even though it makes me sad at the same time. And yes, Dean is definitely a man of action.

I really love that last sentence, the rhythm and pace is so frantic and desperate and evocative. And even to the last, Dean is still fighting. That's the Dean we know and love!

Nice job!
TheYmp chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Loved the "preferred planning to praying" - very 'Dean' to think it, if not quite manage to do it!

You really captured the terror of that episode - it's very visceral and 'stream of conciousness'- It reminded me of the shock and horror I felt when I watched it to discover that Dean really wasn't going to escape going to Hell... and it was a LONG, long time till I got to see S4 :(

Great drabble!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
*sobs uncontrolably* I think that covered Dean's "famous last words" - at least the internal ones - pretty darn perfectly well!

Awesome drabble! Hands down one of the most emotionally demanding things I've read in quite a while. *bows*
Chick Feed chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Most certainly great minds thing alike my friend. This totally brims over with tension. Excellent as ever :D
Chick xx
Dizzo chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Yes, hope is definitely a double edged sword!
You've just perfectly described Dean's feelings (which were perfectly portrayed by Jensen) in that terrible scene :(

Great job Kate, well done x
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Dean is just never gonna be prepared to die. He prefers to keep on fighting.
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
This is so moving. It's this tug of war between not wanting to hope and knowing that's all you have left is hope and even that can't change what is coming.
WinJennster chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
nice job!
Cyberbutterfly chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Very short- very sweet- very, VERY potent! I especially appreciated the line about 'to realize that they had been a goddamn show sponsored by hope'... Partially because it just paints an EPIC picture of that moment, but also because of how it ties into the actual series itself! Cool little fic. :D
Tifaching chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
That ep just always rips my heart out. Nicely done.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Good drabble!
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Yeah, no matter how much you think you are prepared to face the unfaceable, when it's right on top of you - you realise there was no way anyone can really be ready... Poor Dean.