Reviews for Anchored
Sollenbum chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Interesting that you play around with point of view, but even though it satisfies the reader's curiosity to see the scene from Renee's point of view at the end, it feels as if it diffuses the emotional high that you created between Mac and Harm.
Sunset chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I like it. Your writing is good. Hope to see more JAG fics from you.
jrfanfrommo chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Now that is the way it should have gone on the show! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Talk about a more satisfying ending! That would certainly fix a lot.
Helene chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Good story,is there more to it?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
I really liked this story.
shazam12 chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
This is sooooo... what should have happened. I would love for you to continue.
Michi uk chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
It's a pity this scenario wasn't used instead of what we got. GGGGGGGGrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
alix33 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
"Mac?" His voice broke through her thoughts, a gentle reminder that she had not spoken a word since entering. She looked at him, seeing his concern for her for the first time. "Sorry. Yes, some tea would be nice," she said. He stood, limping still as he walked towards the kitchen. She stood, having momentarily forgotten his accident and his recent use of a cane to aid with walking, stepping quickly in front of him. "Sit, Harm," she said blocking his path and motioning for him to return to the chair. "I'll make the tea." He moved to contend that she was the guest and it was his responsibility to take care of her, but his ankle throbbed, reminding him that he had been pushing himself just a little more than recommended. He put up a hand in surrender, turning back to the living room. She moved fluidly through his kitchen: filling the kettle, rummaging through his cupboard, setting two cups on the counter. She turned on the range, setting the kettle on to boil as she went back to the living room. She found him on the sofa, his leg propped on a pillow on the coffee table. She sat in the chair, watching him closely. His head was back, his eyes closed, his hand absently rubbing his upper thigh. He looked to be uncomfortable and she thought for a moment his leg must be bothering him. "Do you have any pain pills?" He opened his eyes, shifting a bit to sit up straighter. He nodded and pointed towards his bedroom. She went to fetch the pills and a bottle of water for him. "I'm supposed to be comforting you, Mac, remember?" he teased as she handed him the pills." - I think, in a way, Mac is comforting herself a fair bit, just by doing stuff in Harm's apartment.
"Mac turned to him, her face finally dry but her eyes still puffy. She kept her head down, knowing she looked a mess. He's seen you look worse, y'know. Besides, what does it matter how you look? It's just Harm. Just Harm? Just Harm? There is no "just Harm" she countered. It's Harm! Harm – you know, the only guy to ever stick around my life through thick and thin, ups and downs, good times and bad times. The only guy! It was then she realized that all the time she had spent trying to convince him, her friends and colleagues of her love for Mic, she had really only been trying to convince herself." - Yay! for that discovery.
"You're father's gone." - "Your father's gone."
rlrct chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
I like this version better than the show!
TheaJ1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
This is how it should have happened! Would have saved us all years of frustration and heartbreak and angst. Then again, JAG wouldn’t be JAG without these things, so I’m not complaining (too much). Very well written and very emotional. Poor Mac. Break-ups suck.
I’ve read the ending three times so far and for some weird reason, I’m feeling increasingly sympathetic towards Renée, although I’m glad it’s her standing in the rain and not Mac *scratches head*
Looking forward to reading the next part.
Keep up the good work!

Thea x
jpstar57 chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
This is how it should have happened. Good story.
jag389 chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Very good story.
achaon chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
I like this but it is just a good start.