Reviews for Old Spies, or Mr Finch Goes To Tea
gandalf chapter 8 . 3/8/2013
And you're assuming that if the Doctor met Brian, he'd expect him to hit him. If so, you're saying so, not Doctor Who.
gandalf chapter 8 . 3/8/2013
I mean, were they actually married? Alex Kingston said that was uncertain.
Flipping Seltzer chapter 8 . 1/7/2013
This was absolutely amazing. That's all I can say- just amazing! Combining 3 of my favorite series- and Harold as Smiley's son- Perfection! Now its all I can imagine!
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 7 . 11/9/2012
Oh, I forgot to mention, I love your humour (especially about Finch's knowing all about Cassidy and his glad thought that he wasn't 'a creepy stalker') and the running jokes in the story, especially about Reese picking on Finch about his flock of adoring women (not that I would *ever* be added to that list).
RoundBrainySpecs chapter 8 . 11/9/2012
This is beautiful beyond words. You have this wonderful way of creating tension (like making us wonder about the stewardess) but then the surpise being a lovely one. The epilogue had me tearing up. As much as I love "Encounters of the Tenth Kind," I have to say this is my favourite of your Doctor Who/POI crossovers to date.
Dickensian812 chapter 8 . 11/4/2012
So very lovely! (And you got Jenny Wren in! Hurray! :-) )
House Calls chapter 7 . 11/1/2012
I've never inspired an epilogue before! And this finishes off the story beautifully (like the perfect cup of tea, I dare say). So often we see people mad at the Doctor (I think I flinched alongside him, but Brian is, well, just amazing), so it was really nice to see someone give him comfort and an understanding, "I'm there with you" hug. If Brian Williams was a real person, I think I would love to meet him. :-)

*happy sigh*

I still miss The Ponds, though. :-/ It's never easy when the Doctor loses friends (and in this case, family as well).
House Calls chapter 6 . 10/31/2012
I meant to post a review/comment sooner, but I somehow managed not to. My apologies, for this is a *lovely* story. I so appreciate how you wove these three worlds together. You managed to do so in a way which makes perfect sense within each of their constructs, and in a way which bring a sense of closure and/or hope to characters who have been through so much.

If there is an epilogue or a one-shot involving the Doctor visiting Brian, I will probably dance for joy. Just saying. :-)
Dickensian812 chapter 6 . 10/31/2012
Oh, so SWEET! John, you big softie!
Dickensian812 chapter 4 . 10/30/2012
Dickensian812 chapter 3 . 10/30/2012
Oh, lovely. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
Dickensian812 chapter 2 . 10/29/2012
Heh heh, poor Harold and his adoring women. :-) What's a would-be paranoid recluse to do? And buying OMF "because it was there" - he is a proper Dickensian and no mistake!
Setoglomper chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
"...A difficult way for a mother to live. But perfectly ordinary. He didn't need to worry about her."

Cue flight attendant serving green tea on a flight that doesn't have it. Well that certainly looks suspicious.

Can't wait to see what happens! :D