Reviews for For the Love of a Parent
Mbongeni chapter 1 . 1/6
I like the conversations that are taking place between Lyla and Evan, although I think they are taking place too soon, at the concert still. The conversations are very real and realistic. There are interested parties in this scene to Evan, the priest; Mr Jeffries’ and probably the principal would have loved to have a word. Perhaps these should have happened in a different scene. Evan appeared as an intelligent kid musically and as someone who did not talk much. I am not too sure if he would talk to Louise the way he does here, but if he does, that would be great. That would add a different dimension to his character that I would love to see growing. Louise and Lyla were indeed strangers, a very nice discussion and complex one between them. Dealing with their relationship first would obviously set a good base for Evan. Very nice discussion indeed and realistic.
Hello chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Write more, please!
Lilids Lilac chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
OMG! I love these story. Oh I wanna show these moment if I was August Rush's Producer :D lol thanks for writing!
theycallherkaush chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
awh, this was lovely!
Friday Maria chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this and keep up the good work! :)
silverbellbaby chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
I wish this scene would have been in the movie at the end. I loved the ending as well as the movie, don't get me wrong. But I wish something more would have happened at the end where they all talked about their feelings like they did here. You did very good with this. Thank you for writing it.
Saoirse7 chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
That was very sweet, and realistic, too. It goes beyond the fairy-tale ending and tries to cover some of the actual problems they would have needed to talk over and deal with. I did notice that when Louis was talking to Evan, you put that he was a "wreak." I think it should be "wreck." But overall, very, very nice story! I liked it a lot. :)
Mallory Quinn chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Hi! I like your version of the end! It was beautiful!Thank you so much!
Anony mouse101 chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Such a sweet story. It made me tear up! I love it!
Immortal Bubblewrap chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
:D I really love August Rush fanfictions... I reckon there should be more of them to be honest. So yeah, I really liked this one :)
Pastelissimo chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
That was sweet.
eponnia chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
I loved the interaction of all the characters. Lyla and Evan’s talk was sweet, Louis and Evan’s talk was realistic, and I appreciated that Lyla and Louis didn’t immediately sleep together, but instead talked about their relationship.