Reviews for Masks
Otakugirl 13 chapter 12 . 2/11
This is great. I did a one sit reading through the whole chapters today. You have them all in character and their dialogues are written well. I love how you did a build up on the Jalex relationship and not have them jump at each other with a sudden lust/love harbor. I swear, there's a lot of those and then there's overly angst ones that are too painful to read. Nonetheless, I look forward to your next update.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/23/2014
Jalex -_-
Kaycie232 chapter 12 . 11/20/2014
Shits about to get real. lol
Guest chapter 12 . 11/7/2014
Just got finished reading all the chapters. Its so great. PLZ continue
SanityInTime chapter 12 . 11/6/2014
You know, when I started reading this story for the first time, I thought the whole 'masked ball' thing was going to go down the route of Alex and Justin not recognising each other in their costumes, or choosing to pretend they didn't know each other and something happening and them using the masks (literal in this case) to protect them emotionally - symbolism! This is an equally interesting storyline - but can I suggest adding more to your story's description when you have the time? You've got a good plot going on here, I'd almost class it as a 'mystery' story in a way with all the questions being raised - the potion, the writing, why Alex had been acting differently about Juliet, why Alex had been so vague about HH.

Anyway, this chapter. Wow, that is an interesting twist with the HH thing and it seems suitable that Harper would be the one to accidentally reveal it!

I like that you chose Hansel and Gretel to be the play, beyond the Halloween associations the brother-sister relationship is so central to the story. I was half wondering if it wasn't going to be used as the thing which made Alex and Justin make up again, seeing Gretel save her brother from a witch and all (oh, or perhaps this is going to be used as a metaphor with Juliet as the witch in the next chapter?).

I really like how the other characters are helping to develop the story but, needless to say, I'm looking forward to Justin and Alex interacting again. Hopefully alone. In another part of the school. Possibly with the help of an "Alex!" and an arm grab.

(My apologies, my imagination gets carried away with stories in progress. I hope I'm not distracting you from the story you intend to write) _'
JPElles chapter 12 . 11/6/2014
Great story. Just started reading it the other day. Keep it up.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/4/2014
I thought Juliet was going to stand him up. I'd actually prefer it that way. I really wonder why she's being a bitch. It's sweet what she's trying to do, I really hope Alex doesn't get caught and end up in jail.
xRinneandSharinx chapter 12 . 11/3/2014
Wow intense i LOVED it :)
Angel.Russo chapter 12 . 11/3/2014
Enjoying every word! Nice to see Helen show up too, especially dressed as Calico Woman! :D
randomsmileyperson chapter 12 . 11/3/2014
Alex jut can't do right for doing wrong, can she? Update!
SanityInTime chapter 11 . 11/1/2014
Yes, you can do it! You can finish this thing!

Oh dear, Justin really needs to put some kind of anti-discrimination policy in place at Wiz-Tech (did I spell that right?) - this is 2014 (2012?), people, you need to learn to be more accepting of humans!

You got Justin, Harper and Professor Crumbs in a scene together! Is it just me who thinks they would make one amazing crime-solving team, in a Scooby-Doo kind of way?

I like how everything's building up: the alchemy stuff, really interested in finding out more about this Helping Hands organisation...

In terms of style, I have to say I still think the first chapter is the best - but as you've said, you don't have betas right now and you're going to polish things later.

Commenting on the parts of the story I didn't get to in my previous review, interesting interpretation of Juliet - is it that she's always been this way and Justin's just been blinded by her? Or has she grown from nice to most-definitely-not-nice over time for a reason that we're going to find out? And, of course, Katniss - a strong, opinionated character like her (and a piece of pop culture)? It suits Alex perfectly.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/1/2014
Omg, what's gonna happen next?!
You know, well actually ypi don't, but your about to!, I always was an Alex and Mason fan before this, which I admit was based of the fact that Mason is cute, but this stkfy has turned mek to a Jalec fan!
So pleeeeeaaaasssse update quickly %).
GO MASKS O:O
randomsmileyperson chapter 11 . 11/1/2014
Good to see you updating :) nice chap too
Angel.Russo chapter 11 . 11/1/2014
Thanks for updating. I enjoy your writing so much! :)
xRinneandSharinx chapter 11 . 10/31/2014