Reviews for Black Cloaks, Red Clouds
Kishoto chapter 3 . 5/5
Holy shit. Mind blown. I was just as fooled as Inoichi.
Deidara chapter 58 . 4/22
Fascinating story. It is worth the time it takes to read every word carefully. I'm hoping to read new chapters as much as I usually am with original works such as the manga themselves.

You've done a wonderful job and I am sure it must have been very hard to build this fanfic to the point where it is now. Seriously, it must have taken a lot of effort. Still, I selfishly hope you will continue this when you can. There is so much potential.

For those who look for high quality fan stories that star side characters in a way that makes them as interesting (or even more interesting!) than the fandom's original protagonists, this should be a delight. Should feedback be proportional to excellence in writing, this would be one of the most famous fanfics in the fandom, in my humble opinion.
RadicalE chapter 58 . 3/25
My first time through the story ended just as Ken was brought back, and upon this complete read through, congratulations. Congratulations on mostly wrapping up all the little details, and not succumbing to the temptation to write more chapters just to write more chapters. Chapter 58 feels like a good close to the story, as there are only three remaining questions: will orichimaru fall, and will amaya get her happy ending? As for Tenten's "choice," sadly Neji has the girls which will trump her own desires, seeing that Tenten has chosen what she sees her duty as over all else over and over. Congrats on a not always fun, but in the end satisfying story. Thank you for your dedication.
T.S. Polyphemus chapter 58 . 2/25
Approaching a year now, but I still really hope you continue this. Good stories are pretty rare on this site. (I say this as someone who's never written one.)
Metoochocolate chapter 58 . 1/8
Holy cow this is an epic, just lost two days of my life drinking in every word of this :D the plot is incredible, really like how everything Tenten gains has a price, you're a horrible author who won't give your characters anything nice for free XD looking forward to an update/conclusion, I hope there's a satisfying resolution
This chapter was such a good one. I always thought that Tenten taking off her mask could come back to bite her, but this was crazy! This was written so well, the fight scene was interesting, and Amaya's thought process was so clearly spelled out that I went through every little nuance of Amaya's feelings with her. I do appreciate her still wanting to know why Tenten went to the Akatsuki because it demonstrates the her process of trying to decide who and what is right in the twisted elemental nations she believed all her life to be great and better than anything else.

Good job!
Guest chapter 58 . 12/13/2016
This chapter was amazing! Great action, even better twist at the end. I love how dire your writing makes the situation. Reading the manga and watching the anime, there wasn't a great sense that the characters were in life and death struggles (Even though they were) but you do a great job with that.

PLEASE hurry and write the next chapter. I find myself checking back often, eagerly hoping to see a 59th chapter added! You've still got a committed readership out here!
1tentenlover chapter 58 . 11/11/2016
I loved this story! This may have been my favorite fanfic that I've ever read because you took your idea (a really good one at that) to make the Akatsuki the heros and made it so tenten actually matters. I loved tenten before I read this but this makes her even better and gives her depth that the series barely tried to give her. I'm not gonna lie, some of the things that you wrote about I wouldn't have believed could happen even in a parallel dimension such as this one if too many other authors had tried.

I wish I could write as well as you do. Because you write so beautifully, I had no problem reading all 400,000 in a matter of a few days. I know it's been a few months since you put chapter 58 up, but I really do value how you would choose to end the story, and I know a lot of people who read this story do too. There are so many ways that this story could end and it makes me want to know how you would end it. There are many ways that you could take it, including many that I'm just not sure I could come up with even if this was my own story because you are just so good.

I just wanted to end this review by thanking you for all of your hard work on this and persevering for so long to write a story this long, detailed, and compelling. There aren't too many people who would've been so dedicated to their work without true inspiration (and probably boat-loads of money) even through the tough times.

So thank you!
Over.Thinking.Daily.Life chapter 6 . 10/22/2016
This is an interesting story. Tenten is one of my favourite characters, so it is great to see her as the main character in a story. Teaching suits her and her team is lovely. They are my favourite part of the story so far - the thought and detail of their training and the exam are great to read.

I hope that Tenten's motivation for learning about the history and how she did it will be revealed later on. That is the only thing that seems a little rushed and convnient.

Can't wait to see how you characterize the other akatsuki members!
Deidara chapter 28 . 8/12/2016
On a second thought, this fanfiction seems far too great for me to waste it by skipping sections, even if they were small. I'll make sure to save it on my favorites and re-read it thoroughly when I have free time. The pressure of work and college aren't allowing me to enjoy it as well as I could, I believe.
Deidara chapter 27 . 8/11/2016
Nice job till now! If I can give my opinion, it is that this fic has truly impressed me. A rare, if not unique premise, with an underappreciated character and enthralling writing, from the battle scenes to the romance. Tenten's dilemma is intriguing and very well written.

I have skipped some things, admittedly. Though you have written very interesting characters and I, as a reader, can't point flaws in their design, my interest is truly in Tenten, the Akatsuki, other canon characters and what happens to them. It is more of a flaw of mine as a reader than anything else. I am interested in the interactions of OCs with main characters, but when it is only the OCs, I sort of turn off.

Making Hidan such a rightful person should have made him look like a distorted, poor version of his original character, but you actually managed to do it gracefully. You managed to make him a religious warrior in a believable way, and it is easy to be interested in him.

Naruto... Wow. Naruto. Few people ever make him so dark, and when they do, it is usually in poor quality fanfics that write an evil Naruto in a stupid way. You sure haven't held back in changing him too, and I was horrified with what happened to Sakura. If she finds happiness in your fix, specially of the romantic sort, it would be very satisfying.

Anyway, many great things about your writing. I will make sure to keep reading, this story is pretty addictive.
Deidara chapter 9 . 8/11/2016
Good fight! I also imagine Itachi wouldn't do his best to kill her. If he did, only an enormous amount of suspension of disbelief would be able to convince me she won, haha. They just wanted her to prove she was good enough, not best than her opponent, I think.
Deidara chapter 6 . 8/11/2016
Nice portrayal of the characters! It is very interesting to see the Akatsuki as the heroes of this tale, though I wonder how far their righteousness go and whether Tenten is being played at some point.
Your Deidara is my favorite kind, the one who can be so infuriating but also very satisfying to read about. Nice work on the battle scene, too. That has always been my weakness.
Deidara chapter 4 . 8/11/2016
I can't believe I have found such a promising fanfic, and that there are so many chapters left for me to read. I feel so lucky.
This whole setting and your writing is amazing and what seemed like a straightforward story where Tenten gets captured, tortured, is found and then starts the road of recovery now is full of twists and turns, I love it!
OedonWrithe chapter 41 . 7/31/2016
I have a feeling she's gonna die. Either Naruto or that baby is gonna kill her and it's not going to be pretty. I think I would have liked to see Naruto get the shit kicked out of him for cheating though like wow.