Reviews for Black Cloaks, Red Clouds
Over.Thinking.Daily.Life chapter 6 . 16h
This is an interesting story. Tenten is one of my favourite characters, so it is great to see her as the main character in a story. Teaching suits her and her team is lovely. They are my favourite part of the story so far - the thought and detail of their training and the exam are great to read.

I hope that Tenten's motivation for learning about the history and how she did it will be revealed later on. That is the only thing that seems a little rushed and convnient.

Can't wait to see how you characterize the other akatsuki members!
Deidara chapter 28 . 8/12
On a second thought, this fanfiction seems far too great for me to waste it by skipping sections, even if they were small. I'll make sure to save it on my favorites and re-read it thoroughly when I have free time. The pressure of work and college aren't allowing me to enjoy it as well as I could, I believe.
Deidara chapter 27 . 8/11
Nice job till now! If I can give my opinion, it is that this fic has truly impressed me. A rare, if not unique premise, with an underappreciated character and enthralling writing, from the battle scenes to the romance. Tenten's dilemma is intriguing and very well written.

I have skipped some things, admittedly. Though you have written very interesting characters and I, as a reader, can't point flaws in their design, my interest is truly in Tenten, the Akatsuki, other canon characters and what happens to them. It is more of a flaw of mine as a reader than anything else. I am interested in the interactions of OCs with main characters, but when it is only the OCs, I sort of turn off.

Making Hidan such a rightful person should have made him look like a distorted, poor version of his original character, but you actually managed to do it gracefully. You managed to make him a religious warrior in a believable way, and it is easy to be interested in him.

Naruto... Wow. Naruto. Few people ever make him so dark, and when they do, it is usually in poor quality fanfics that write an evil Naruto in a stupid way. You sure haven't held back in changing him too, and I was horrified with what happened to Sakura. If she finds happiness in your fix, specially of the romantic sort, it would be very satisfying.

Anyway, many great things about your writing. I will make sure to keep reading, this story is pretty addictive.
Deidara chapter 9 . 8/11
Good fight! I also imagine Itachi wouldn't do his best to kill her. If he did, only an enormous amount of suspension of disbelief would be able to convince me she won, haha. They just wanted her to prove she was good enough, not best than her opponent, I think.
Deidara chapter 6 . 8/11
Nice portrayal of the characters! It is very interesting to see the Akatsuki as the heroes of this tale, though I wonder how far their righteousness go and whether Tenten is being played at some point.
Your Deidara is my favorite kind, the one who can be so infuriating but also very satisfying to read about. Nice work on the battle scene, too. That has always been my weakness.
Deidara chapter 4 . 8/11
I can't believe I have found such a promising fanfic, and that there are so many chapters left for me to read. I feel so lucky.
This whole setting and your writing is amazing and what seemed like a straightforward story where Tenten gets captured, tortured, is found and then starts the road of recovery now is full of twists and turns, I love it!
OedonWrithe chapter 41 . 7/31
I have a feeling she's gonna die. Either Naruto or that baby is gonna kill her and it's not going to be pretty. I think I would have liked to see Naruto get the shit kicked out of him for cheating though like wow.
OedonWrithe chapter 39 . 7/31
I love reading this the whole thing is just a huge slow-moving train wreck but is so fun to watch it.
I'm really glad Amaya replaced the bad memories with some better ones.
OedonWrithe chapter 36 . 7/31
I love how he still manages to be Naruto even after all the horrible things he's done. He's not out of character at all and that's such an accomplishment.
Not Random Writer chapter 58 . 6/21
YES! The end is nigh for Orochi's tyranny! While there are bits and pieces that I could criticized, you have written a solid story so far. I would whine some more about Ayama's eyes of infinite cheat codes and Ken constantly not dying, but you used them quite well, not great mind you, but not bad either. Will be eager to wait for the next update.
Not Random Writer chapter 47 . 6/21
So post-cognition plus interdimensional travel. (Sighs) You are making Ayama a tad too powerful here, and in a very deus ex machina way as well.
Not Random Writer chapter 41 . 6/21
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive.

This is brilliant, seriously brilliant. While I would have like a genuinely repentant Naruto, that just isn't possible huh.
Not Random Writer chapter 28 . 6/19
Oh the moral dilemmas of espionage, It is exquisitely painful to see. Great portrayal of Tenten's situation.
Not Random Writer chapter 17 . 6/19
That touch of humor was nice. Relieved the tension from the previous chapter very well.
Not Random Writer chapter 16 . 6/19
Wow... This is a truly crapsack world, isn't it. And it's actually realistic, given the foundation premise of what Naruto is all about institutionalized child soldiery/assassins. Will continue to compulsively binge.