Reviews for Red Velvet: A Paily Story
glorymania chapter 7 . 11/20/2012
I love how you write their relationship and individual POVs. Their story is just really so beautiful here and it's amazing how little physical contacts they have and you can sit there and read and then feel so much emotions. And when they do touch, god...it's like...so out of this world. The chapter brought so much warmth to my heart. I was incredibly touched by how an outsider like me could feel so much just watching their friendship/relationship blossom. This was beautiful. I really enjoyed this update. Update soon if you can. :)
Sazar chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
So glad I didn't have a train to catch, really took my time in reading this.
It's just WOW love this and Hanna is absolutely crazy I think I had a mini heart-attack when they pulled up in front of the train I was practically screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
But seriously love this so detailed ans awesome :)
pamy chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
Hey! Amazing story until now... I love every chapter... Post the next soon please?! Hahaha
Xoxo
paily-pll chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
InSANE! yes, I'm in awe again. I literally yelped when I saw you'd updated!
And Darn you! you totally made me think that something had gone wrong and emily had ended up getting hurt at the start. very nicely done!
My itunes flicked onto Dashboard Confessionals 'Stolen' as I was reading Emilys confession to paige and her wanting to be with her. It fit insanely well! I think 'You have stolen my heart' pretty much sumed up emilys feelings :-) so if you can ever work that song into your lil playlist/end of chapter track I think it could work.
But yes, you know I'm a fan and my fangirling for this story only increases with every update! and clearly I'm not the only one! so update soon, I love this!
:-)
AliasThorne chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
Ok... So I read this yesterday and I loved it. I was in a crowded room and the moment I started reading all the people just faded away. It took all my willpower to not be rude and finish reading it but I stopped and read the last half of it at home in silence, taking it all in. I loved this chapter. I too liked the subtle things you touch on like Paige alway pushing her hands into her front or back pockets. I like the way that the conversation went down between Emily and her. The fact that she admitted to Paige about how her life has been was surprising and yet honest and very much needed.

Im super excited to see where this goes now. I feel like the foundation has been laid down to really dive into the relationship. I love that the two of them basically agreed that they don't know each other and yet there is something there worth exploring. The potential for greatness to be exact :).

Also it has to be mentioned, again, how amazingly well you portray Hannah. I think her playing poker was one of my favorite scenes and I loved the anger and banter that happened between her and Emily when she stopped in front of the train. Oh and Emily 'standing her ground' with Hanna on the hood of the car... super cute.

Like always it was a pleasure reading. I cant wait for the next few chapters. GOOOOD stuff coming our way, I can feel it ; ).

Keep it up lovely!
lainierb chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
"I want to come with you." I want to start with this, because it actually gave me the chills as I read it. This realization by Emily is absolutely amazing because I don't even think she really knew 100% that this was what she was going to say until it came out of her mouth. And then the fact that Paige was actually willing to leave everything she knew and loved, to stay behind for Emily was just beautiful. So the both of them together willing to give up the entirety of their lives for the other is just beyond words. And I just want to mention that I love the little detail of Paige always shoving her hands deep into her pockets...I feel like it shows her vulnerability. And then of course I can't help but mention the Paige/Hanna (Panna) interaction, when Hannna gets a little protective and asks Paige to keep her promise and of course Paige says, "My pleasure."...UGH! There is so much more I could touch on, but I'll leave the writing to you. ;) You keep outdoing yourself with every chapter you write. As usual, I'm amazed! Happy Writing. :)
checkerboard321 chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
I loved the reference to "We bought a zoo", I liked that movie. But the tiger dying was very sad. And the fact that Hanna would assume her environmentally friendly car wouldn't wreck grass had me laughing out loud. And when Emily knew that Paige was with Ember I got goosebumps all over. And the card scene, what a close encounter. I'm loving the way this story is moving and i'm all goosebumps and faint tears in the back of my eyes now, thinking about it.
glorymania chapter 6 . 11/17/2012
This was GOOD. Like, holy cow... THIS WAS GOOD. I have no words for this. Wow! This was beautiful and amazing and honestly I haven't read anything this heartfelt in a while. Thank you. Damn, I am SO excited for these two and their future together. :)
Sazar chapter 5 . 11/14/2012
I just about to lose it thinking the train was going to pull away and leave Rosewood, I should of known better :P
But seriously this was such an amazing chapter
glorymania chapter 5 . 11/16/2012
Great update! Emotions and feelings in this chapter are so raw reading from my POV. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was surprisingly entertained by the events that took place here. You write with such clarity and detail that it makes every chapter a great read. Please continue to update more. :)
Coyote chapter 5 . 11/13/2012
You get better and better with every chapter. Keep it up!
Ladybug.picnic chapter 5 . 11/15/2012
I don't really know how to do this fic justice. It is one of the few fics that I have read in any fandom that I would pay a lot of money to read. It is simply amazing. The entire chapter had my rapt attention. Like Emily remembering the details, this story is so about the details, every dazzling one of them. You paint a picture like no other writer I have read. From the velvet to the train car carvings to even your description of Ember-textures, colors, feelings...all of it is amazing. And the thoughts and feelings of each girl ring so true. Emily's realizations about Paige in the shower took my breath away as the highlight reel played in her mind. It made me go back and reread all the previous chapter-something that I never do. I also loved Hannah knowing exactly what to do for Emily.

I loved your description of Paige in this chapter. I like that she knows that she can't fix Emily or be with her in Em's current state. That is so insightful and painful to her because she wants to be with Em so badly. Whatever Paige went through after she left Rosewood, she isn't the Paige that we knew from the show in Season 1. She's more of the Paige we see in Season 3, one who's matured and accepted responsibility for her actions. If you are looking for songs, Missy Higgin's "Everyone's Waiting" is on my playlist for these two in this story. I think it fits for Paige and in some ways for Emily as well. Each girl is lost and each girl has been hurt horribly by different things. Each dealt with the pain differently. Paige left Rosewood, effectively running away from her problems (literally to the circus) and in doing so, not really moving on. Seeing Emily again, broke through all those walls she had carefully constructed. Emily chose to stay and dwell in her own private hell, but never moving forward towards closure. The actions for each girl were counterproductive. Neither of them have healed. Maybe they can heal each other, maybe not, but each girl is looking for something and maybe that thing is each other.

The final brilliance of this story for me was the feelings that you were able in invoke in what could have been a filler scene of Paige finding and then destroying the check that Emily had left behind. Anger, despair, and heartbreak at finding out that Emily had unintentionally left behind a link to contacting her. Hating herself for wishing Emily could contact her, hating herself for wanting Emily at all. With finding that check, the last of Paige's wall that she had built crumbled and her feelings were laid bare. All the calm collectedness she had exhibited was gone and the ground literally shifted under her feet because her world had changed. She tried to exhaust herself to forget, but it didn't work. The gates were open and the feelings she was keeping at bay had been set free. So she went to her only link to Emily, Ember. However, he only made her heart ache more because he is everything pure that was in Emily. I loved Paige's interaction with Ember, how she could read him like she could read Emily. My heart broke for both of them when she admitted that she missed Em. The first time she admitted her feelings out loud, unprovoked. I loved how she realized that Ember was merely an extension of Emily, and she didn't realize how hard it would be to have a reminder of Emily around. Again, your writing is amazing.

I cannot wait to see where this story goes. My only real question is what Hannah was going to ask Emily about Paige before Em cut her off. But since this story is so amazing, I'll allow one tiny question to hang in the air. :) Good luck on the next chapter.
checkerboard321 chapter 5 . 11/15/2012
There was so much emotion in this chapter. I think I went through the pain along with Emily and Paige. It was nice to get more information about Mary and the workers on the train. I had to stop reading after Ember lay down as my eyes filled up (just like Paige's). And i'm so scared by the ending that i'll be thinking about it until I get to read chapter 6. I actually had a ringing in my ears too, but it was probably unrelated. I really hope Emily's okay.
soundslikelife8 chapter 5 . 11/15/2012
You make me feel so many feels with your remarkable talent! I can't get enough of this story. It's so well written and so creative and just so incredibly intricate. It's perfection. I wish it never had to end. I want this to be a full length novel. Can't wait for your next update :).
lainierb chapter 5 . 11/14/2012
Absolutely brilliant chapter! The way you portrayed Paige and Emily's contrasting emotion as they both were dealing with leaving each other was fantastic. Paige obviously needed to work hers out by physically exhausting herself. While Emily was just left shattered, raw and broken and could do nothing but sob and try and feel nothing. But both obviously couldn't deny what they were feeling regardless of their actions. And then the detail you put into both describing the trains compartments (so beautiful) and of course Mary was amazing! Mary is definitely an intriguing and dynamic character. By far though what tugged at my heart the most in this chapter was of course the interactions between Paige and Ember. When he lie down beside her and she teared up and said "I miss her too" I was so moved by this. Sigh. And of course the feathers would be coral like Emilys dress...how could they not be! Once again, I could keep going...but you know. #PaigeEmber. Happy Writing!
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »