Reviews for Little Crimes
ideasofmany chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
The back story on Xena's treatment of Jarred really shows what dark Xena was like. Well done on that characterization. I can also very much understand Jarred's point of view. I can forgive someone's acts of cruelty to me, but if they were to do it to someone I love, it is a whole different story.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 5 . 12/2/2012
I'm glad that Sara and Jarred started to work things out, though it will clearly be a long road ahead for the both of them, but they have taken the first real steps to healing. Its good see that Xena's getting better clearly Gabrielle was very helpful on many levels :)

A very enjoyable solid first story I’m really looking forward to more stories from you. I like though that for Xena this was about her redemption am past actions and finding a way to right them even it felt she took the punishment, she came off better for it and her and Gabrielle can move on in their relationship.
Phineas Redux chapter 4 . 11/29/2012
Chapter 3. The distrust of several of the townspeople is well shown. There’s a lot of drama with the town under siege and the pirates knocking it apart with a catapult, till Xena puts paid to it. When Xena goes down onto the beach her quick pause to rescue Gabrielle from danger with her chakram is just like something from one of the TV episodes. The shock ending is a surprise and Gabrielle is left in a state of worry. This chapter has a deal of interest.

Chapter 4. Clydemes’ punishment to Xena might be viewed as a little lenient compared to her crimes against the town; but the graphic details of Xena’s chastisement are certainly forceful. Then her anger at Gabrielle only results in the bard getting angry in her turn. Xena just can’t win. But the ending, with Gabrielle’s purchases, might mean there is happiness on the horizon. :)
ideasofmany chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Interesting start so far. A solid set up for a beginning of a story. I like the integration of pirates as we didn't get to see much of Xena's pirate days in the show.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 4 . 11/23/2012
I'm glad Xena got flogged not because I think it gives justice to her actions because in my view an eye for an eye does not make things better but her having this punishment which was clearly all about humiliation meant that she lived rather than died. It was bad of her to hit Gabrielle she should not have done that and I hope it doesn't put a wedge of uncertainty between them. I also like that Gabrielle gave her a piece of her mind because I think she was in serious need of that, as she's in self pity mode and just being mean. I hope that Sara and Jarred can work things out but I think it will be a long road for them as they have both suffered and both have emotional wounds that need to heal. I also hope that Xena/Gabrielle might work out there feelings for each other in time, right now it feels as though they are the point of change in terms of their friendship but something hasn't happened yet that will change it in to a relationship, but this may be the event that changes everything.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 3 . 11/16/2012
I don't expect Xena to do what she did that was a real surprise and a shock but I understand her actions she's trying to make good on her past as she feels really guilty about it. I also feel that she does not want to go into it with Gabrielle so she's doing to hide herself from doing so. I do feel sorry for Sara she's clearly a victim who has turned hatful and wants revenge and has never gotten over the mental scars of what happened, I would love it if Jarred could get through to her, but I feel it may take more than that and I fear in Sara's frame of mind she might go after Xena now that she's been locked up.
Phineas Redux chapter 2 . 11/11/2012
There are very powerful underlying emotions swirling just out of sight in this story. The townspeople are caught between two hard rocks—the pirates, and their beliefs of Xena’s character. There is something intense in the unfolding of the situation. Xena’s position and way she feels is potently shown, as is Gabrielle’s present slight confusion about things. The town and streets are described remarkably well, and the way the tale is written, its basic grammar and set-up, seems to give a tension to the scenes. I like it. Any slight incorrectness of grammar or choice of words is something that continued experience in writing will soon smooth over. :)
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 2 . 11/9/2012
I feel sorry for Jared, I thought at first that he was just an ass, but its clear that he has good reason to be angry what Xena did to him was horrible. Clearly when Xena took control of this place all those years ago she was brutal and horrible as well as evil, I like the quote you made a whore to her desires something about that rings very true of evil Xena getting everything she wants regardless of who suffers. The real question is though how will Gabrielle take this when she tells her the truth? Even by Xena's standards what she did was very bad even vile in some ways. I loved the scene at the end though it was deeply tender and sweet and you can tell that Xena feels rotten about her past and needs Gabrielle's comfort.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Great start to this story really looking forward to more, it seems that Xena has got herself in to much more than she bargained for, now I have to ask what did she do in the past that meant that these people reacted so badly to her. I hope that Gabrielle can talk to her. I really hope that they can stop the pirates and work together.