Reviews for I Saw an Angel Die
Mooncat chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
Oh man, Gibbs must be beating himself up quite a bit, even if he doesn't show it ...
It's true, it's a strange one, but nothing's wrong with strange. And you put a pretty good 'normal' spin to it, with the acid and the hallucinations.
But hehe, I agree with Tony - no reason to ask about the demon part of her dream ...
Mooncat
Maunzeli chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
I have really enjoyed reading your story list today. Thank you for writing them.
katesari chapter 2 . 11/4/2012
It's wacky and strange allright. But I like it! Bye
Belker chapter 2 . 11/3/2012
"Just give me a normal response, Boss..." Hah! Loved the bickering in the end here.
Lovely whump and - though violent - nice father/son moments.
That Abby... she's got some talent, huh? And Tony accepts it as it is.
Christmas story next? Please?

/B
Angel of Clay chapter 2 . 11/3/2012
Gibbs' hallucinations, his thought processes under the influence, are truly frightening. Seeing the dream Abby had come true through Tony's eyes was so completely horrifying, but with that knowledge he changed the circumstances of the events, and likely the final outcome. It was absolutely, horrifyingly wonderful. I love Halloween! I really hope that if you have more ideas that are as strange as this one that you indulge them.

The search for Gibbs was a great piece of writing. It was fast paced, but I didn't think it rushed. I loved the scene in the bar with Tony ending it all with "That concludes the floor show, ladies and gentlemen... thank you and goodnight." was really funny. And then the 'interrogation' of the two crazies, I enjoyed the threat of what an Israeli demon could be capable of.

Then the moment that Tony finds the drugged up Gibbs and he leaps at Tony, and you cut away to Tim, Ziva and Kath. Perfect tension building. I loved that Abby showed up with perfect confidence in her dreams (after all, she did see something of Kate's death even if she misinterpreted it) as well as her forensics. It's a testament to the dire situation that Ziva gets to drive without comment from anyone else.

The resolution Gibbs kinda coming down from the hallucinogenic high just before he could finish the dream sequence, and then the both of them being found by the rest of the search party. It was like stopping just short of crashing a car into a brick wall. Sweet relief.

The end at the hospital between Gibbs and Tony was really cute, always seeking that return to normalcy: after the strangeness, and the awkwardness, we can still make a joke out of it. 'Cause that's the way that families roll. :-)

I had a lot of fun reading this, Happy belated Halloween!
Angel
Angel of Clay chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Awwww, thank you! You really didn't have to credit me, but I'll take it. I love the creepy Halloween feel of this. With the beginning the imagery of Abby's dream was simply fantastic! Any time that you feel like it, write horror, you're a natural with it.

I loved the interactions between Tony and Abby. The big brother role that he so willingly takes on, even though it cost him a good night's sleep and gave him some really disturbing images to deal with. The mention of Kath had me smiling, it's like I can see the leer on Tony's face every time her name comes up.

The Lawnmower Ghoul's lair is just so grotesquely perfect. The attempt to replicate a black magic environment, with an eyeless rabbit head! Oh good Lord! I may be slightly disturbed for liking that so much.

Now Lawnmower Ghoul has got Gibbs drugged up on God knows what, and Gibbs is thinking damning thoughts. Only bad things can happen from here... I can't wait to see what happens next!

Excellent Job!
Angel
Proseac chapter 2 . 11/1/2012
Gibbs will never be able to live this one down! I predict he'll be going light on the head-slaps for awhile...

Loved the dialogue at the end - you've got these characters nailed!

Poor Kath never got her little visit from Gibbs this time, but I'm sure there will be future opportunities...right? :D
PunkkiMunki chapter 2 . 11/1/2012
Ha! Just like Tony I'm a day late aswell! :)
But that was a brilliant conclusion to the story, I honestly thought Gibbs was going to kill Tony!
Laine3112 chapter 2 . 11/1/2012
Who knew the darkness that lurked beneath that sunny disposition? :) Nice job, Scouse. L
cajunghost chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
Loved it. Loved the whole idea there. Keep it up.
keembur chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
Humm Sony know huff it was good but kind rushed at the end
diana teo chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
Well, no more guessing for me, your way was SO much better! You managed to whump AND strip them both, plus throw in all that pain (the slashing acid and the animal growls certainly heightened the chills), emotion and angst, and Tony still watching Gibbs' six. Plus Tony framed in a halo of light, mmmmm...
Liked how the Gibblets rounded up their prey and the 'interrogation' techniques, and discussed Abby's dream. I'm sure they'd pay more attention if she ever has another. Halloween Pt2 for next year, maybe...?
marilynjordan chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
Very cool. Happy Halloween to you! Thanks for the story.
sopmire chapter 2 . 10/31/2012
Whew! Saved by the bell! Glad Gibbs started to come back to himself on his own. I'm with Tony, I'd be scared of those beast noises forever too, yeesh. Snerky ending, cute! :) Great Halloween story!
sopmire chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Oh cool! Demon!Gibbs - totally new notion! Hopefully Abby's scary premonition forewarns Tony enough to look out for himself. Love we get lots of Abby & Tony relationship this story!