Reviews for Barefoot in Texas
Kara chapter 23 . 11/15
Great story! Second time I've read it, but I forgot how good it is!
Nina chapter 23 . 11/8
I've read this 4Xs now n I love more each time
Anita chapter 23 . 10/11
Lovely story, thank you.
renewagain chapter 23 . 10/7
Oh wow. Best ending ever. I cried at the reunion with Dad and I think I cried somewhere else too. Oh and I love the name Jolie.

They got my fantasy life, I was raised mostly by a single hippie mom and we never had a camper...but did have a white vw bus for a while. I always fantasized about a "real rv" lol...their home rocked! The millionaire portion of the tale was just an excellent touch and the professor career. all of it. Their growth as people by finding each other. This was just a wonderful story, thank you for writing it and sharing it :) I could say more, but well it's almost 12:30 am and remember I was going to sleep early or work because I didn't have time to read. Famous last words!
renewagain chapter 20 . 10/7
Deep sigh. Oh, yes.
renewagain chapter 19 . 10/7
Oh man. No. She didn't do it bc Renee left her the Sen. Swan money in her will. That's what I think.
renewagain chapter 16 . 10/7
OK. It's only 11:30. No too late. It hurts, the separation, but I'm eager to see E face off with dear old dad. And I'm suspecting Bella has some mystery in her past right? Somehow Carlisle knows her father?
renewagain chapter 13 . 10/7
Oh man. I'm still here and not working. That was an amazing moment...I wonder if Victoria really went to his father or if Carlisle approached her?
renewagain chapter 11 . 10/7
Okay that was even hotter. What?!
renewagain chapter 8 . 10/7
OMG that was so hot. That was really hot. Speechless. I can't explain why exaclt but that may have been one of my favorite scenes. ever.
renewagain chapter 7 . 10/7
Well its only 10pm but I was going to work! These two. Gah.
renewagain chapter 5 . 10/7
I really really want some pecan pie right now. It's been forever!
renewagain chapter 4 . 10/7
Man we are all fucked. This Edward makes me laugh and I'm just as intrigued by how he's going to escape his charmed life as I am by their romance. Tanya is interesting...
renewagain chapter 3 . 10/7
Hey there, why do I convince myself I've read all your stories. At first I wasn't sure about free spirited Bella. But you quickly changed my mind, your writing is just g here we go!
TheUnderStudy chapter 23 . 10/6
I know i said i would go back and review all the chapters, but if I don't review now, work will overwhelm me lol! So let me tell you how I found this story. I am always looking for something to read when I can't sleep. This morning at 4am, I went fic diving. After coming up fruitless because I have been quite the reader, I figure I should dive into authors who I have read before. And Crazy Like That was da bomb, and it was awesome meeting you at TFMU, so i said, "let's see what other wild shit PB got up her sleeve.

AND THIS FIC JUST BLEW ME AWAY. I have read fics before where we have the rich Edward and the middle class, poor Bella. But this wasn't that kind of fic. This may have been EPOV, but Bella was the heroine in this story. I love how strong you made her, so free, so loving. She was amazing all the way down to her bare feet. She was flirty, genuine, sweet, and ever vibrant. She was a big girl through and through.

Edward wasn't no chump either. I can see why he hung on to the life his father was set to hand to him. He felt obligated and I wanted to rip Carlisle a new one for doing what he did. I threw my ipad so hard on the floor reading that. LOL! But when Edward woke up, when he began to get his shit together for himself, I couldn't get enough of him. His southern boy charm and way of falling in love with Bella stole me away.

What I like most about a great fic is its supporting characters. They really make a story. Let's start with Eloise. This woman was Moneypenny LOL! She knew how to steer Edward in the right direction without feeling like he was being pushed. That's true mother, "Oh it was so totally your idea." *snort* She reminded me so much of my own mother that I miss so much, got me a bit choked up when she said that the tea was better when someone else makes it. LOL! Well yes, that's true. My momma would say that all the time.

I wouldn't be a true Emmett fan if I didn't mention him. He was just too cute and just an amazing friend to Edward. I loved his contrast to Edward in the beginning and how they slowly merged onto the same kind of path together. He had me cracking up whenever he was in the story. I so wanted him to start humming the Mission Impossible theme when they "broke in" to the Cullen house. What he did for Rose, and ultimately himself, if the very image of what fatherhood, being a husband, being man, should be.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Monkey. ALL OF THEM! They all played their role of falling in love, remembrance and coping. I'm glad they were all there to witness Edward and Bella coming back together.

The last time I saw this fic, it was just after I missed my metro stop on my way to work.
4,157 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »