Reviews for Barefoot in Texas
enka3 chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
Oh no! I just hope that she will be honest with him...
SunflowerFran chapter 5 . 12/20/2012
I am sure Edward feels as though he and Bella are like two different worlds colliding...he can't see having a future with someone so opposite.
CaliGirlMon chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
A cliffie, noooooo!
Ok so this chapter was a little huge for him, I'm glad he's working through his shit! I hope she's not coming to tell him she's leaving, that would be horrible! So I think that he's an idiot, for not reading all her signs, like last chapter her reason for being nervous and her saying that its been a long time since she's felt like staying in one place? I wonder why Edward?! I believe that he is purposely ignoring her signs because he's afraid to really let her in and be vulnerable and in the end getting hurt again, it's safer to believe she temporary and he can't have her, I wonder what she would do if he asked her to stay?
debslmac chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
:) loved this. Edward finally seeing sense
Team Marylou chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
Another fabulous chapter. Your way with words takes me into the heart and mind of Edward. You make me care about his life and decisions he must make...your gift of writing is top notch.

I'm curious how Bella spent her time away from Edward. Did she have an ah-ha moment like Edward did. Perhaps Carlisle got to her.

Loved Edward's visit with his nanny. She helped shine light on Edward's childhood and relationship with his dad that was essential.

What will Bella say to Edward? Will Edward share his revelations from the past few days?!

I should be wrapping Christmas presents but instead I am reading fanfic. LOL. This shows you how much I love this story.

Thank you for the update.
I'm on pins and needles awaiting the next chapter.
Twiggalina chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
I'm so glad that Edward is starting to take his life in hand.
Great chapter!
mdsngrc chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
I'm so glad he finally realized what he needs to do . Now I just hope they can be together some way.
cutestkidsmom chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
Okay so I follow you on twitter I just put a friend request for you on FB and I WOULD love it if you would join my FB group Cutestkidsmom's Fanfiction YOU ARE LOVED there! we squeeeee when we get updates and talk about your chapters... NOW, I feel dread... Is Bella leaving Edward? I know you can't answer but Im dying inside! MORE PLEASE!
HollBeth chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
*APPLAUSE* I'm so happy, Edward! He had a MAJOR epiphany (long overdue), and I'm SO happy for him! Kind of like the John-Hughes-slow-clap-in-the-high-school-cafeteria moment!

It is overshadowed...just a bit...by the fact that it sounds like Bella is going to leave. And as much as I want them together, I have to say it again - for me, this isn't about their love story so much as it's about him finding his right way to be for himself. I WANT them to work out...but I still think he has some work to do on himself. And she has to want it badly enough to either put down roots or ask him to come along with the breeze...

I love his time with Eloise, though it's so sad to hear the story of how the light of a child was snubbed out with one quick statement. 8( And though I know she's NOT likening it to Edward, I thought it was a neat juxtaposition of sentiments when she said, "Not as good as when someone makes it for you." I was thinking, "Except in Edward's case - his parents made his life for him and it's NOT better." ;) Maybe that was unintentional on your part, but I thought it was kind of a neat moment.

I'm so proud of him...I REALLY, REALLY, REALLYREALLYREALLY hope that his dad and mom (and others) don't lean on him and push him to the point that he caves to their will again. He's finally onto it. He needs to stay there.
Just Me Alone chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
I'm proud of him...he needed Eloise, he needed that talk. He needed the guidance that someone could give him, someone he loved, and respected. Bella I believe gave him his space to clear his head and to realize what he needs (wants) to do.

How sad is it is that a woman had to be beaten to death for him to get it, to finally get it? Bella may leave, she has a wondering soul, but honestly I think Edward maybe ready to go with her. Or he maybe close...

I respect Bella for giving him space to clear his head, she didn't come running so this way he had to actually miss her. Though I'm scared he won't have balls enough to tell her how he feels, and she may leave him.

Though you didn't say angst...haha

xoxo
T
jane-with-a-y chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
I'm out of town this week trying to get my Mum's life re-booted following her hip replacement last October. Everything is so stressful these days. Sigh. But being able to pull up a great story like this one seems to make everything feel lighter, familiar and just plain better. I so adore this story, even though my heart is breaking for the two of them right now.

I missed the last chapter so I went back just now to read it. I hate the way Edward's parents stress him out and make him feel like he hs to live out their expectations and dreams rather than his own. I hope that he realizes he is a person of value and that he needs to trust his own judgment and follow his own dreams. I hate that he hurt Bella when he let his parents assume that Rose was his date.

I told you before that I fell in love with Edward in one of the earlier chapters when he was talking to Eloise. This chapter made me fall in love with her.

I hope that Bella and Edward will both realize that their hearts are not meant to beat alone and that they seem to have something rare and quite perfect. Bella needs to stop running but Edward needs to give her a reason to stay.
Sonjita chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
Oh, I love this fic because it really makes me think. Those fics that inspire discussion are few and far between these days.

Here's what I think. Bella's father is some kind of an issue here. (BTW, thanks for assuaging my fears that Edward and Bella were brother and sister) After the visit with Carlisle and Esme, I think Bella might have been reminded of her father. She seemed a bit freaked out that Carlisle was a senator. Maybe she was just worried that history was repeating itself, but I think her disappearing act had something to do with that.

I'm impressed that Edward is showing some growth and I hope that he can continue on his path to lead his own life. That actually led me to think about Bella's life. Edward assumes she is living the nomadic life she wants, but really, that is the life her mother chose, not Bella. Bella continues to live that way because that's all she knows, but if given the opportunity, would she choose differently for herself? I think that she got a lot out of the live that her mother gave her, but maybe she'd be willing to try another way.

So, I'm so curious about what Bella has to say. Is she leaving like Edward seems to think she is or does she have some other information? Did Carlisle offer her money to go away? Oh, I can't wait!

Thanks for writing!
cutestkidsmom chapter 14 . 12/20/2012
oh Carlisle is a douche nozzle! I see so much hope for Esme though. I don't think she is as tight of a woman as I originally thought! Rose seems to be super sweet I like her a lot!
tulips3 chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
Happy Edward did what he did. Oh no what's
going on with Bella? You can't leave it off
there.
Bunch2009 chapter 15 . 12/20/2012
I don't think Bella is leaving... Maybe the time apart made her think of her new priorities and feelings towards Edward.. Loved it!
4,216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 206 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 226 .. Last Next »