Reviews for Barefoot in Texas
MMOBB chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
The image of Bella taking down her hair is just heartbreaking, and is just so painfully symbolic. You can just feel her pain, disappointment, and self-consciousness... My stomach is in knots! I live in fear of Edward's cowardice...
Thank you so much for sharing this story. I know I'll be chewing over this chapter for ages!
carebear309 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Uh oh, get a bad feeling e's dad knows b's mom. Hope he isn't her father...eww
Guest chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Ok, here my 2 cents. Edward blames his parents for his unhappiness. I agree to a certain point, they are controlling and manipulating, but it is not all them. Well sorry but Vicky turned to be a gold digger bitch who obviously asked for the money, key word asked, and loved the money more than Edward. I wonder if she ever did love him and not used him. So, Edward is afraid to fall for Bella because she is temporary? I dont understand, you either fall or not fall for somebody, you simply cant help it. When Bella told him he was important to her and for the first time she didnt want to move on, i thought Edward would say more to her. At this point what is he afraid of? Obviously Bella is not after the money, she is good and genuine. As for his parents, so what? Now Edward has his job, career, basically he can do whatever he wants. Bella wont sell him for money, he knows that. It really bothers me that this Vicky affair is holding him back, yeah it is still Vicky, not his parents. Im not sure, or at least i feel he is not over HER yet. Anyway, great chapter,cant wait for more.
Team Marylou chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Ugh - oh...Carlisle and ESME seem to recognize Bella's last name. Damn...I hope Carlisle doesn't ruin everything and yet I know he is going to try. I'm hoping Bella's long lost dad is well off and may offer some clues to her past.

In the meantime, Edward seems to be taking hold of his life and doing what he wants to do for a change.

'Tis the season to be jolly...yet with all the sadness in the news I am avoiding sad things...lol...thus I am hoping that everything will be okay for these two.
xtothey chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I guess Bella's father is a Senator? Or did Bella have an affair with one?
Guest chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I'm sure he will be hearing fom his parents in short order. I'm glad Bella didn't run. I am hoping she doesn't in the future, also.

Thanks!
merls chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Addicted to your story.
Great to see Edward being himself again, I'm getting the feeling that the Cullens know who Bella's dad is.
I hope Edward keeps his balls and stays true to himself for longer than a day.
antupi1 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I hope Edward overcomes he's insecurities, for his and Bella's sake, Thans for the update I just love this story
dovelove1097 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I was feeling sick to my stomach for Bella in that restaurant, bless her heart. I understand Edwards reaction though- it's just human nature. Hmmm..,wonder what the deal is with Renee?
Seagull83 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I'm so glad that Emmett and Rosalie like Bella. Edward needs to grow some balls and man up and do what he wants, fuck his parents. And please, whatever you do, don't make Carlisle be Bella's father but that's what I'm thinking. Say it isn't so.
insanemum chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Hello shit - meet fan!
Nat and Ed Mazin over at TLS rec'd this to me. I didn't think it was going to my cup of tea, but I'm glad to tell you that I think your writing is fantastic. I love this bohemian Bella. She's had plenty of knocks, and obviously has some insecurities - don't we all! And Edward is good guy, underneath the pile of shit that his family have heaped on him. And after today's chap - I'm definitely getting the vibe that Renee may have had a more interesting past than she ever divulged to Bella. Really enjoying. Great work :)
enka3 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Awesome chapter! Your writing is so good and real, I have tears in my eyes...
shenaniwhatagans chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
So many things went threw my head during this chapter. She is putting herself out there with him and saying that she cares more then she thought she would. He kinda tells her the same but it pissed me off that he didn't tell her exactly what he feels. Then the dinner & Rose & Emmett were great but daddy dearest shows up. Yes Edward was a total ass when he dissed her during the introductions! Can't believe they had to have dessert with them. They KNEW her last name...if we were there we would have seen them choke on their coffees and shit. What is that about? I'm glad she pulled away from Edward cause she also has to protect herself just as he is doing. I'm not sure if she will still be there in the morning though...
Maplestyle chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Wow I really hate his dad! I'm hoping he's not hers too! Can't wait for more.
vivalarye chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
edward playing the guitar is pretty fucking intimate. I love that he bared himself. I want this Edward as my own.
4,126 | « Prev Page 1 .. 206 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 226 .. Last Next »