Reviews for Barefoot in Texas
modernsafari chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
gah! they really do have this amazing connection. I hope they can overcome all of this. meaning I hope Edward finds a way to figure out what he wants out of life and stands up to his parents. FANTASTIC chapter, as always! xo
GottaLoveFanFiction chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Oh my they don't share a daddy do they?
jbjm chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Hmmm, I just keep coming back to the idea that Carlisle is Bella's father, which would be 12 kinds of creepy...but there is a connection there somehow, no? Love this story!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
OMG!, goosebumps all over my body, this was tough!' What is going to happen now?, what will his parents say to him about her?, what is on his mind!, she is the one for him and he is going to fuck everything up (sorry for the bad word), can wait for new chapters!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I think I need to take a break from this story. Your writing is still wonderful, but I can’t excuse Edwards’s behavior anymore. He's just a coward. People with worse parents stand their ground, but, noooo, not Edward. He prefers to pretend that his parents are the problem – that he has no choice. It’s laughable that he really thinks his life situation is in any way a major problem - just shows his immense privilege too. He says he cannot live his life the way he wants, because his parents are snobs... while being one himself. If his parents were the problem, he wouldn't hide Bella; he would not be ashamed of her. But he is. He’s an adult who behaves like a high school student plagued by peer pressure. He's the embarrassment.

Besides, if he chooses Bella because her father is rich, or influential, that’s not love, just convenience.
twifan20 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Well, I'm going to assume you wouldn't make Edward and Bella blood related... you wouldn't do that to my poor heart.. or belly. lol

My guess is that Edward's dad knows exactly who she is and who her father is. He may even have had a hand in getting her mother to leave the state. Either that, or he's not actually Edward's father but he is Bella's.

So many possiblities, but I think I'll stop with my crazy theories and wait for the next chapter... can't wait! :)
KTNCullen chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Okay...you wouldn't make Edward her half brother, would you?! That would be *ick*. There is a connection there, for sure.
Yeah, and Edward definitely needs to work his shit out. His life is pathetic...he KNOWS it's pathetic...now he needs the cajones to do something about it. I keep thinking about the prologue and being so sad, knowing that she is going to leave...*sigh*...c'mon Edward! Get it together. It was unacceptable how he treated her today around his parents!

Your Rec today is A...one of my all-time swooniest favorite fics...
Katy
MMOBB chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
The image of Bella taking down her hair is just heartbreaking, and is just so painfully symbolic. You can just feel her pain, disappointment, and self-consciousness... My stomach is in knots! I live in fear of Edward's cowardice...
Thank you so much for sharing this story. I know I'll be chewing over this chapter for ages!
carebear309 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Uh oh, get a bad feeling e's dad knows b's mom. Hope he isn't her father...eww
Guest chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Ok, here my 2 cents. Edward blames his parents for his unhappiness. I agree to a certain point, they are controlling and manipulating, but it is not all them. Well sorry but Vicky turned to be a gold digger bitch who obviously asked for the money, key word asked, and loved the money more than Edward. I wonder if she ever did love him and not used him. So, Edward is afraid to fall for Bella because she is temporary? I dont understand, you either fall or not fall for somebody, you simply cant help it. When Bella told him he was important to her and for the first time she didnt want to move on, i thought Edward would say more to her. At this point what is he afraid of? Obviously Bella is not after the money, she is good and genuine. As for his parents, so what? Now Edward has his job, career, basically he can do whatever he wants. Bella wont sell him for money, he knows that. It really bothers me that this Vicky affair is holding him back, yeah it is still Vicky, not his parents. Im not sure, or at least i feel he is not over HER yet. Anyway, great chapter,cant wait for more.
Team Marylou chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Ugh - oh...Carlisle and ESME seem to recognize Bella's last name. Damn...I hope Carlisle doesn't ruin everything and yet I know he is going to try. I'm hoping Bella's long lost dad is well off and may offer some clues to her past.

In the meantime, Edward seems to be taking hold of his life and doing what he wants to do for a change.

'Tis the season to be jolly...yet with all the sadness in the news I am avoiding sad things...lol...thus I am hoping that everything will be okay for these two.
xtothey chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I guess Bella's father is a Senator? Or did Bella have an affair with one?
Guest chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I'm sure he will be hearing fom his parents in short order. I'm glad Bella didn't run. I am hoping she doesn't in the future, also.

Thanks!
merls chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
Addicted to your story.
Great to see Edward being himself again, I'm getting the feeling that the Cullens know who Bella's dad is.
I hope Edward keeps his balls and stays true to himself for longer than a day.
antupi1 chapter 14 . 12/17/2012
I hope Edward overcomes he's insecurities, for his and Bella's sake, Thans for the update I just love this story
4,193 | « Prev Page 1 .. 210 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 230 .. Last Next »