Reviews for Barefoot in Texas
tehreem91 chapter 14 . 12/18/2012
It's getting interesting! carlisle recognizes bella's last name!
the angst is coming creys
excellent update.
Just Me Alone chapter 14 . 12/18/2012
So many words flowing through my mind...I'm actually amazed that he had dessert with them, truly. He could have blown them off in some sort of fashion. I'm impressed with Bella, she really held her own and I think has a better understanding of what he's against.

That being said though, Bella's right, he needs to do it for him. He's unhappy, and he'll be unhappy unless he puts a stop to their shenanigans and does what he wants. There is no doubt in my mind that Carlisle is going to try and pay her off. She's not Vicki, she won't take the money. She only wants Edward and for him to be happy.

amazing as always, I'm in love with your words, and for once I think Edward. He's starting to come around, and I'm glad he has Bella to help him.
Adri-Faber chapter 14 . 12/18/2012
Im reposting my review again. I dont know why yesterday it came under "guest"

Ok, here my 2 cents. Edward blames his parents for his unhappiness. I agree to a certain point, they are controlling and manipulating, but it is not all them. Well sorry but Vicky turned out to be a gold digger cold bitch who obviously asked for the money, key word ASKED, and loved the money more than Edward. I wonder if she ever did love him for real and not used him. So, Edward is afraid to fall for Bella because she is temporary? I dont understand, you either fall or not fall for somebody, you simply cant help it or switch it on and off. When Bella told him he was important to her and for the first time she didnt want to move on, i thought Edward would say more to her. At this point what is he afraid of? Obviously Bella is not after the money, she is good and genuine, she is not going to run with 50K and vanish. As for his parents, so what? Now Edward is 5 yers older, has his job, career, basically he can do whatever he wants. Bella wont sell him for money, he knows that. It really bothers me at this point that this Vicky affair is holding him back, yeah it is still Vicky, not his parents. Dam it, 5 years later and he still shits about her and the pain of so much loving her? Im not sure, or at least i feel he is not over HER yet. If Vicky was good and loving, then Edward's parents opinions wouldnt have mattered. From what i see, Edward loved her so much that was ready to stand up for her, defend her and maybe leave with her and not listen to his parents. Instead he humiliates Bella in front of them. At this point i wish she leaves his sorry undeserving ass crying for Vicky. Anyway, great chapter,cant wait for more.
midsouthmama chapter 14 . 12/18/2012
Oh lawd, I'm enjoying this story so much. I love the way you write Edward and Bella. Rich, complex characters but genuine feeling. But, I have to be honest...I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, i.e. Edward really screwing things up. Don't know if I'm ready for heartfail! Will stockpile baked goodies and/or chocolate so I'm ready just in case, lol.

Thanks for posting!

caren
debslmac chapter 14 . 12/18/2012
:) love this story
married2thcoach chapter 14 . 12/18/2012
Oh Edward on a Harley. YUM! But I wanted to smack Edward for the way he treated Bella. It is obvious she is falling in love with him also. She is a breath of fresh air. So kind, generous and loving. You saw that with how generous she was with Rose. Now I think Carlisle knew Bellas mother just by his reaction. I had a fearful moment that maybe he was the man that screwed Renae over. Which would make them brother & sister. So no you wouldnt do that that would be jjust disgusting. Sick mind I have I know. LOL. Edward has alot of ass kissing to do. But lets see who's ass it will be. Hmmmmm! I can't wait to see what happens next especially between him & his parents. Loving all things Barefoot. :)
singlegrlmusing chapter 4 . 12/18/2012
I forgot my book at home & needed something to read on the train. I've seen a few tweets about this story & decided to start, so glad I did.
debslmac chapter 10 . 12/18/2012