Reviews for Sunshine and Roses
Sete chapter 10 . 8/31/2013
But what about the rest?! Sorry, I just love your story so much that I can't believe there aren't 20 more wonderful chapters, I really didn't want to say goodbye to your 'verse, your Peter and Assumpta were perfect, and so were the kids.

You created such a loving family and I adore the banter between them. I love a good future fic and yours is simply fantastic, I really hope that you write again someday.
Aquitaine85 chapter 10 . 4/2/2013
I second/third other's reviews on here, please say you are going to continue! I love this story, so much heart break mixed in with warm and fuzzies! I really like their kids you have created too, in fact all the characters are so true to the originals, its great. I think this a fantastic story and would love to read more :)
singtomemymeadow chapter 10 . 2/28/2013
I second the last review of 2/26/13. WE MISS YOU AS AN AUTHOR. Please continue this wonderful story.
rosie-oh chapter 10 . 2/26/2013
Dear HappyTrottingElf...I hope all is well with you! Speaking for myself, and perhaps many others who have been greatly enjoying your writing...YOU ARE MISSED! I keep searching my email inbox optimistically hoping that another chapter is posted.
singtomemymeadow chapter 10 . 1/24/2013
Now that January 2013 is almost at an end, could we have some more of this delicious story? We readers were so spoiled this holiday season. More please, more.
singtomemymeadow chapter 10 . 12/19/2012
well worth the wait for chapter 10. This story just keeps getting better. Enjoy your holidays and it gives you time to mull over the next chapter- telling the kids their story. In the Jewish faith, at the Passover meal, the Haggudah is read, telling the story. One of the lessons is explaining the story to each of your children at their level of understanding, so that they comprehend have wrote about each child's current reading tastes. Molly would relate their story to the Disney Princesses- Assumpta fits Sleeping Beauty. Harry Potter- so much of their story can be related to this saga- senza the wands and magic.
LMS5XP chapter 10 . 12/17/2012
As an aside to the comments: remember that the song Assumpta was playing on the cd Con gave her in"As Happy as ..." was Fairytale of NY but don't recall whether it was The Pogues or Dustin and Dervla's version. Also really digging the spate of recent fanfic. Keep it up
Alexiah Rose chapter 10 . 12/17/2012
Hah, I live in Australia, and we love Eurovision XP
Also, where can I find this duet?

Lovely chapter. I adore married P&A :)
Mcbenzy chapter 10 . 12/17/2012
Ah, a fantastic chapter. I really like the way you've linked the characters' reactions and behaviours with those in the original series (ie barring, a gossip session with chocolate cake, sitting by the river etc) as it makes it feel like this could've fit into the series.

FYI Eurovision is HUGE here in Australia - all heats are shown on TV and people put on parties for the final. Kitsch is cool. Personally, I haven't enjoyed it since Terry Wogan's retirement.

Chapter 10 - douze points!
Eninaj chapter 10 . 12/17/2012
Worth the wait! Looking forward to the continuation in 2013!
singtomemymeadow chapter 9 . 11/26/2012
Ah, what an argument. Sometimes we forget that Peter has a temper too. There is something about the way he left Ballyk that he needs to come to terms with and calling it home again. Waiting patiently for how they tell the kids their story. It now has to be sooner than later. Their children are smart and sensitive.
Eninaj chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
I really believe this is exactly what happened with them. Don't believe that nonsense they put on TV for a minute! Well written fight, by the way, perfectly in character.
Bridget Weinstock chapter 9 . 11/23/2012
I am with rosie-oh. Are you really Kieran Prendiville, come to atone for all the hearts you broke? ;) I really love this scene - both of them are totally justified in how they feel, and everything is so true to how the characters would behave. Not a simple feat!
rosie-oh chapter 8 . 11/22/2012
I couldn't agree more with the last 3 reviews. Your ability to keep these characters true to their original creation continues to please and entertain. I think all of us who have wanted that moment to live on in the Reckoning when Peter tells Assumpta that he loves her, have been greatly rewarded by your story telling abilities. Are you sure you weren't one of the original writers for the series? 8)
singtomemymeadow chapter 8 . 11/20/2012
This story is so deliciously good. Don't rush to finish it to give us this Christmas story. Make that the twelve days of Chirstmas story. This story is rich with sub-stories. How will they tell their kids. Will there be another petition from the village to have them stay? What has life been like since they left BallyK. Take your time. Spin this rich story.