Reviews for Samhain Eve
hobgoblin chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
'Sufficiently enjoyable'? That was brilliant, love! So gorgeous that it made me contemplate whether I shouldn't better abandon my own humble efforts... And contemplate what's going on in my twisted soul that I can live so much better with a creepy Gerald than with a fluffy one;-). Would like to write more, but I'm too busy right now. Just wanted to tell you that this fic is definitely one of my favourites.
Herdcat chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I really enjoyed this - it was incredibly creepy - Tarrant's dealings with Senzei and Ciani rang true and the halloweenyness went well with coldfire setting - probably my favourite coldfire story up here - thanks for writing it!
Alowl chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
You forgot two songs that would be eminently appropriate for this scenario - 'The Voice' by Celtic Woman and 'Hunting Song' by Lord Landless. Sorry, don't mean to push song choices on you, it's just - I see your fanfic, and I can't help but insert some of my own favorite songs! Take it as a compliment, please - you're just that good.

I've been following your stories for a while, and I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with next. You're approaching the Coldfire fandom in a way that no one's ever dared to before - I, for one, find your stories throughly enjoyable. (Enough so that I started writing in this fandom again. Go me. Wait - does this mean I have *you* to blame for the Gerald!Muse threatening me with bodily harm and ideas that Just. Will. Not. Go. Away!?)
silvereyedbitch chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Always satisfying when Ciani dies. LOL! I find that I enjoy the darker type stories like this better than any others. I don't know if it's my own morbid weirdness or what, but there it is. The thing that draws me to Tarrant's character throughout the CFT is that infinitely confusing blur between good and evil. The potential for great violence and gentle compassion that seem to war in his existence. You can only ever catch a split second glimpse of the "good" in him during the novels because of how greatly he has denied their existence. It's as if he successfully trained himself to react in the opposite manner of any seemingly "good" emotions. So, when he feels something like compassion or sorrow, his well-trained unconscious mind immediately slams in and replaces it with anger or hate. And after nearly 1000 years of practice, he is very adept at this emotional rewiring. In my own meager stories, that's kind of what I like to explore: his potential for good, the reasoning behind his motives, and of course the UST between him and Damien, which only serves to further undermine his emotional constipation. This long freaking post was my way of saying thanks for a good read. LOL! I do so enjoy reading into the darker aspects of the relationship between these two. I'm hoping to post another of my own soon, too, but it's one of those that started off being a 2000 word story, but now it's evolved into a longwinded thing that hasn't an end in sight yet. *Sigh* We'll see where my bunnies lead!