Reviews for Redemption Days
My heart is breaking!
One of the best chapters ever. Laughed aloud at those two together.
ANSF chapter 13 . 11/22/2013
What a perfectly written heartbreaking story. I was willing for Ruth to survive but the canon aspect running all the way through meant she had to die at the end, heartbreaking though it was. So many wonderful snippets in this but the wine going back at forth was delightful and I'm glad they got ch 12.
transmissionends64 chapter 13 . 10/22/2013
This is my review for all 13 chapters. I will try and write something through my tears! I have to say that this is one of the most beautiful, heart-wrenching and insightful spooks stories that I have ever read. The way you capture both Harry and Ruth is truly amazing. This all started so hopefully that H/R would get together and then it all went so badly for them when Ruth had to go away. They were never quite the same when she came back. They were (if it's at all possible) so tentative around each other both too afraid to make a move towards each other. Chapter 12 is so beautifully written that I cried as much in that as in the last chapter when Ruth died. Oh, if only you were one of the writers on spooks in Series 10. Still haven't forgiven them for the mess they left us in. Still, I have your gorgeous stories to get me by. Thank you for sharing all your amazing talent:)
Claraon chapter 12 . 9/1/2013
"Just let him be fine, she whispered to herself, just let him be fine and let me see him one last time and then do what you will with me. "

EXCUSE YOU. Don't do this to my heart.

(Why, yes, I have been obsessively reading all of your fic over the past weeks. And yes, it is all wonderful.)
Guest chapter 7 . 4/7/2013
I understand Ruth is grieving and I really like your story, but when the light went out in Harry's eyes and Ruth acknowledged the sentiment that they were over... Well, sometimes I could really hit her over the head for her choices.
Egg whisker chapter 13 . 11/25/2012
Outstanding. I was so emotional when I first read this, that i have only just dared come back and reread. Just beautifully sad, yet a tinge of positivity. Brilliantly crafted. Thanks for helping me make sense of kudos's thinking.
4ruth chapter 13 . 11/21/2012
You certainly know how to break our hearts. It is the most beautiful description of a death that I have ever read.

I am so grateful to you that you clarified Ruth’s last words which were always a painful mystery to me. “We weren't meant to have those things." " People like them were meant to die alone at the end of it all. But that wasn't her fate. She wasn't to die alone.. She was dying in the arms of the man she loved, with the few people in the world who really knew her gathered nearby...And she would rather be dying here, with them, than anywhere else in the world.”

I am also grateful that you have written a hopeful epilogue which should have been the only acceptable ending of Spooks.
Trust-You-Only chapter 13 . 11/21/2012
A joy to read from beginning to end. Wonderfully well written and despite the sadness of the final chapter it was still an amazing heartfelt read.
KittyJum chapter 13 . 11/21/2012
What a beautiful chapter again, thank you!
I too think that this is the right ending for this wonderful story which has been so insightful through all the chapters and has given me so many ideas and possible explanations on things that were missing in the actual series. Leaving this in canon but still open insofar that you can spin this off in another story (like you did) is just perfect.
And also, one thing I hadn't realised until now (maybe because I was so shocked when I watched the show's last ten minutes) is that Harry might later appreciate that, no matter how tragic it was, he spent Ruth's last minutes together with her, both of them knowing of their feelings. I find this a bit hopeful (even if hard to explain somehow)
Thanks very much again for this great story and it's good to hear you enjoyed writing it!
Antonia Caenis chapter 13 . 11/21/2012
Finally had to opportunity to catch up on the rest of this and there's nothing much different that I can say that hasn't already been said: beautiful, heart-breaking, elegiac, exquisite. Going with the canon ending was the right thing to do in this case, it worked wonderfully. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Desert-Blues chapter 13 . 11/20/2012
Wonderfully well written finale to an amazing story! Well done
Batteredpen chapter 13 . 11/20/2012
I can't really add much to what others have said. This was a great insightful read overall. Congratulations on your solution to the problem as to how to deal with the two differing groups of 'stick to canon' v 'happy AU ending'
Guest chapter 13 . 11/20/2012
Incredibly sad, tears all over but I'm in awe for your writing skills : near perfection.
Thanks very much for sharing.
PsandQs chapter 13 . 11/20/2012
I for one think you have chosen the right ending for this story. It was terrific all the way through, and I was thoroughly entertained reading it.