Reviews for Battle Scars
Ally Todd chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
I figured I owed you a review and this work piqued my interest because I know you have a talent for writing Laguna and Squall and once again you delivered on their "relationship". They've got a lot to work through before they can even begin with the whole father-son relationship. Laguna's sense of humour reminds me of my own father, though I guess he was a better soldier than Laguna because let's face it, the mans a moron.

I also enjoyed the scenes with Ward and Kiros tending to Laguna and Squall treating his own gun shot wound. It reminds me of my own medical training. I've had the misfortune to treat bullet wounds and you captured the visceral and disturbing manner of the experience perfectly.

I also enjoyed the finish of this work because I have done that exact thing before. Maybe I've got more in common with Laguna than I thought. This was unlikely to be a barrel of laughs given the subject matter but you switched between seriousness and humour perfectly. Well done!

Ally

P.S. I hate green peppers as well. They are the bane of my existence. Well them or writers block.
Roschelle Templar chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Great companion piece/sequel to Antique Weapons.

I like how you started off with an extension of the playful dialogue between Squall and Laguna as they continued to get to know each other before they each shared their stories.

Laguna's story felt like something straight out of the game right down to the way that Kiros and Ward held off telling Laguna about his injury to maximize their amusement.

Squall's story was suspenseful, and even a little hard to read due to your masterful way of bringing the gristlier details to life. Still, it was a great contrast to the humor.

And again, the ending was a lovely mix of serious emotion and funny antics. I enjoyed both of these one-shots and plan on checking out your longer stuff in the future.
LaylaEvercrest chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I really liked this one! Its so cute that they are sharing their stories like that and how you introduced the idea of a grandparent. I always wondered about that. I admit though, the knife burning flesh part made me squeal a bit... Again great job!
Ronin-ai chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Great story! I love how you have them comparing battle scars and Laguna coming off as a weenie while Squall is completely badass, doing his own bullet removal even.

Talk about impressive! Daddy can't help but be proud that he somehow managed to sire such a tough guy, huh?
Savae chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Wow! You know, I actually reeled in my seat at the idea of Squall having to remove that bullet! You described it so well that it gave me the proverbial heebie-jeebies! Also, the contrast between the two stories really sets them apart from each other and is telling of who they really are.

I actually laughed at this line: "Oh no! Tell my mom I love her…and that I'm sorry I never got around to fixing her lawnmower!" Such a Laguna thing to say!
Aerois chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
I'm so glad to see people who still write for this game, specifically these two! I have to say, I usually hate very serious and dramatic things, but you write so well I just couldn't resist. I love your portrayal of these two, it's really spot on. And your writing skills are phenomenal! It's very realistic and easy to imagine. Hope to see more soon, and keep it up! :)
pinkperson chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
That was a cute story. I liked how Laguna is a 'wuss' when it comes to blood, but at the end he just grosses Squall out with a burp :P
Twin-Lance chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
...Laguna wasn't the only one with his hand over his mouth by the end of Squall's little story. You drew that part out on purpose! I cut myself on a broken glass once while washing dishes and I nearly passed out. You had me squirming so much it was pathetic.

You basically nailed Laguna for being the baby that he is. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the brief conversation about Laguna's family. It had never occurred to me to expand upon that. I mean, he clearly had to at least have parents at some point. But shame on him for letting four years pass without introducing his mother to Squall. That little old lady is telling stories to her friends over bingo about a grandchild she's never actually met! lol

I'm done picking on you. ;) I enjoyed it. Sorry it took me so long to get to it.
Peaceful Dragon Rose chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
good story
RadiantKeybladeFantasy chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Haha! That was cool! I can totally imagine Laguna freaking out over something so minor, and Squall's account - WOW! That totally had me cringing. You did great describing the predicament. Creative, original, and intense, in my opinion! Nice work!

lol the end with Laguna forgetting about the that's so like him. Yet, somehow...I didn't see it coming, haha!