Reviews for Tough Choices
wendums chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
I do like your straightorward style of writing. I am not much into reading sex(just doing) or slash being an older ol lady. (great granny in fact). Many straights cannot understand the family side of 1%ers and only preume they are vi
olent criminals. Here in UK that is not true. As I am on mobile the review is very hit and miss so many times I just cannot post review or thanks. This is an interesting and nice story for these characters
eleonora chapter 7 . 12/3/2012
Great chapter , sin that at the end Juice is dead, the happiness was short lived for Milla. Aspect forward to the next story!
Happys Hitwoman chapter 7 . 12/3/2012
Wow - you managed to meld together the events of this story and sort of segue it into BANL. But whereas Juice died dishonorably in that story, here he died a warrior. I really thought it was Clay's funeral you were working into until you mentioned the reaper casket, which he would not have had.

And a nice AU ink removal for Clay, though I do believe the fire vs. knife is used when an excommunicated member fails to have the ink blacked out within a certain amount of time. Once the time passes, the club does it for them with fire or knife. I really preferred the scene in last week's episode because it was absolutely degrading for Clay to have that done with two charters standing around witnessing it.

So, I was prepared for little Robbie to come into the world, but you gave us...Anna Lu! What a nice surprise.

And Gemma winds up on the farm with Nero - HA! Somehow I don't see the former queen taking to farm life with her perfectly manicured hands!

Lovely story all around. You conveyed every possible emotion Milla could've experienced and she still stood upright at the end. And the little ending between her and Chibs was a nice way to tie in BANL.

Anything AU from you is absolutely appreciative and highly anticipatory. As you know full well my feelings about S5 (which aren't even worth me elaborating upon) I love seeing clever ways authors manipulate the canon plots and put their own stamp on them.
kblatz chapter 7 . 12/3/2012
I am so glad to see you went through into their future. I am sad to see it end but it was a great read. I was also sad about that ending but also happy to see she would survive with her family and still had all those people around her to love her. I can't wait for your next story.
Markay81 chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
Great chapter!
HermioneandMarcus chapter 6 . 12/1/2012
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 6 . 11/30/2012
Let me just say this: I am so glad you didn't end this on a cliff hanger. So. Glad.
lederra chapter 6 . 11/30/2012
Good chapter.
Happys Hitwoman chapter 6 . 11/30/2012
Wow, that was tense, dramatic, nerve-wracking and addicting all at once.

I want to start off by saying that your style of writing in this story (or, your writer's 'voice') really sets the tone for the atmosphere of this story as where it's a little more playful and light in Domesticity. You capture the seriousness of the moment and you treat Juice with the respect that Sutter doesn't show the character. His constant weepiness the end of this season has grated on me which reduced him to someone who doesn't deserve to be considered a 1% outlaw biker. But in this story, Juice is strong, fierce, determined and smart, yet to lightly touch upon his tendency to be jittery without making him look like an idiot. Thank goodness for these AU plots because Season 5 has destroyed just about every character (except for Happy and Chibs) by turning them into caricatures of what they were originally fashioned to be in earlier seasons.

By enough of my disgust - onto this story which could very well play out as the culmination of this season instead of the contrived crap Sutter is giving us. I LOVE this. It's tightly written and most of all, believable as to something which could happen in their world. You have given Clay a different 'low' to sink to by taking his pregnant daughter hostage in order to save his own hide while showing the club banding to work together to save her and bring Clay to justice after getting all the evidence pointing to his betrayal.

My wish would be for him to meet 'Mr. Mayhem', but I think a man of Clay's former position and power would be better punished and tormented by living with the constant reminder of how he effed up and what he actually lost. However, you tie it up though, I'm sure I will be thoroughly satisfied.

Wonderful chapter and worth every word!
eleonora chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
Fantastic chapter!
HermioneandMarcus chapter 5 . 11/20/2012
Happys Hitwoman chapter 5 . 11/20/2012
I am continued to be impressed by the depth and quality of this story. You now have me thoroughly bewildered as to whether Juice has outsmarted Clay, or if the wise former patriarch is secretly onto something and is going to have his bases covered.

This deception plot is great - I LOVE that you're infusing the Lin Triad and the counterfeit scheme into this. It looks as if Clay delivered the money plates to the Irish in exchange for them shipping a separate order directly to Clay - bypassing the club - for Clay to sell to Lin, pocketing the cash himself. Wow - convoluted, devious and very, very believable. I'm grinning like an idiot over the fresh, originality of the premise - considering how much I'm bored and frustrated with the crap plots on the show.

Milla's confrontation with Eli at the flower shop - WHOA! Talk about hitting below his utility belt. She's quite the fierce, little mama bear. She has the toughness of Gemma with the annoyance. I like Rita playing the part of the civilian mediator - kind of like how I view Margaret Murphy on the show, who, in my opinion, is EXTREMELY underused as Tara's 'foil' to Gemma

Okay, but...this part worries me:

"I know what you mean but Juice and I have contingency plans. No matter what he's doin' he'll be the one takin' the fall." Jax told him and Tig nodded before he walked out of the chapel and left Jax to do his part of the plan...

WHAT? Is Jax planning on double-crossing Juice in the event that this all goes bad and only Juice suffers, but not Jax? Am I reading that right? If so, then...wow! You are killing me with all these twists and turns. I truly don't know what to expect as you are writing this so cleverly that the reader (at least, me!) can't figure out how this is all going to play out.

I really love this story and so look forward to each and every chapter with great anticipation!

The
Happys Hitwoman chapter 4 . 11/17/2012
This was a fantastic chapter. It was like a very slow, painful ride to the top of the rollercoaster before it goes careening downward.

Everything flowed well. You are capturing Clay's manipulative deceptiveness just right as well as Juice's push/pull towards Clay AND the club. The plan by Clay to get rid of Jax and blackmail Juice in the process is original, creative and very believable. It also brings back a bit of canon continuity to the Lin/counterfeit money connection. As much as I love AU-original stuff, peppering it lightly with actual canon occurances (ie: Gemma's rape, Abel's kidnapping, the Mayan heroin deal, etc) keeps everything nicely tied in.

Thank goodness Juice had some sense inside that inked head of his. But, as with a good, well-rounded story, things can't end that well for him and bad for Clay too neatly. There's a large monkey wrench waiting to be dropped somewhere - I can feel it.

I'm really enjoying this story. It's taut, tension-filled and a great take on how things could've progressed if they went differently. Awesomejob!
eleonora chapter 4 . 11/16/2012
Good!
Happy's Hitwoman chapter 3 . 11/10/2012
I'm here and loving this story. Speculative takes on the actual events are so refreshing, as I have told you over and over again.

Everything seems to be falling into place, but I'm concerned about this ball Clay wants to get rolling before Juice gets his transfer. Not crazy about the Gemma/Nero pairing on the series (IMO, they waste too much screen time with them and I can't understand his pull to Gemma considering since he got involved with her he's been raided and tied up!) but it seems like you're keeping it to a minimum. And THANK YOU for not including that stupid Nomad plot. I'm just glad the awful Chuck Zito is off my screen!

I like the friendly banter between Milla and Rita. I like the development of a friendship between and old lady and a civilian woman (like I'm doing) which is why I wish Sutter would've had Tara lean on Margaret (whom I LOVE) more. It's such an interesting ying-yang dynamic

Make this as long as you want. If you're writing, I'm reading!