Reviews for Through the Kitchen Window
DontKnowWhatImDoing chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
If I could hug this one-shot, I would. It has everything a good story needs. I would love to read more of this characters, but this feels perfect just as it is. Beautiful.
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Lovely. Sad and sweet with a great full circle and HEA. :)
karolkid chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Such a wonderfully beautiful story. The POV was perfect for this story. Too bad it just took them so long to find their happiness, but they found it in the end.
WideForest3 chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
So beautiful to have Esme's POV. I read this with my two-month-old second-born sleeping in my arms. You captured a mother's thoughts so well. Esme's voice was so true here. It was nice to see the Edward-Bella drama from a different POV - one that had no real ulterior motive other than for her children to find happiness. Thank you.
divyvicki chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
What a great story. I really loved it.
blueeyes11354 chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
How wonderfully different to read a love story from a mother's perspective. Very well done.
jennlynnfs chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I saw this story rec'd on Edwardville on livejournal. I didn't know you also wrote the Purple Banana Hammock story. I really enjoyed that one and so gave this one a chance.

Even though this is a Bella and Edward story, I really enjoyed how it was told from Esme's POV. There are so many stories of Bella and Edward falling in love. I enjoy those stories so much, experiencing the attraction and the formative moments of love. I never tire of them.

But, I think even though we don't get to experience Edward and Bella's sentiments first hand, we still experience their heartache, but with the added heartbreak of a mother's love for her son. That aspect adds a layer of heartache unique to a mother's love. Not only are we experiencing Edward and Bella's heartache, but Esme's worries and hopes for both of them. She shares them with us which brings a little closer to these two.

Or maybe it's because I have three boys and I may have identified with Esme a lot throughout the story. :)

I really enjoyed this story and I don't think I conveyed exactly how poignant this story was, so I'll just say I hope you share more.
amelia chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
loved!
Darcy Knightley chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I will fully admit to scrolling ahead to see if they ended up together before reading. There wasn't a time or a year that wouldn't make a terrific full-length fic, but I really loved this as a o/s. The perspective was fresh and held my attention in a way I think would be difficult to capture otherwise. Gorgeous writing, I really hope to see more from you.
jennchris821 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Very touching! Love it!
fanfictionalcolic chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
One of the most beautiful, most poetic, most emotional history I ever read. It makes me cry...
ahz chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Interesting perspective. Brilliant as always.
wannabewriter94 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
This is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. LOVE that it's from Esme's point of view. Brilliantly written. Pace was fantastic. Even though there were times when I was dying to know what Edward or Bella were thinking, I loved that it was from the mother's perspective. I can't say enough. Thank you!

BTW, this was rec'd by Rochelle Allison on twitter.
married2thcoach chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Amazing! Your writing is superb. ANd I love that it was all in Esme's voice. And as a mother of a teenage son watching a girl break his heart is horrible to witness. Cause you want to kill her. LOL. I just think you are a fantastic story teller. LOVE IT.
440 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »