Reviews for Simply Epic
Castlelover777 chapter 1 . 11/23
Great Halloween story. Funny and touching. I love stories set at this time, when they were newly together and working it all out. So fresh and thrilling for them to be together and share their lives.
fisheeluver chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
you should make this longer! i want more!
satheo2013 chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
LOL but I think Kate would have given him some grief for not watching where he was playing
callmesandy chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
i really enjoyed this! :)
Ky03elk chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Lauging my ass off so badly with that one! Only Castle could screw up so badly!
(have food shopping now, I'll be back ;-))
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
That was a fun read. Someone should have been Vala. If either Alexis or Martha was, it would've driven Castle nuts. Of course he did have his own "staff problems", so that was probably enough.
iges2u chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Good story - I would like to watch something like this on the show!
Twyger chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Dear L.S. -

Great story. I can hear that "thwack" from here when Rick connected with Kate's nose. The ER scene with all of the people in costumes and Rick tying them all together in a story - totally in character! Then coming home to a mess - these two can't catch a break! I loved the tender part where he gently gets her out of her costume and cradles her before falling asleep, so sweet. Thank you for the story!
duckys-dream chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
"This was written before 5x05" good coz I haven't seen that yet! lol

Oh my goodness seriously having Judge Markway in there in a non-villan role made me seriously giggle and I can't help but feel that's a little wink at those who've read your novel.

And the fact that it was Castle that outed them but with BECKETT'S lipstick was, I thought, fantastic. It's him but because of her so no one's really to blame and she can't exactly be upset about it as I'm sure he'd just tell her (smugly?) that she should show better restraint?

It's just so ridiculously sweet but with a good mix of humour too. :)

So all that, and I still mean every word of this:
So romantic! It's lovely. :)
I had the biggest laugh at "two ends of a cow" and I would LOVE to be witness to the conversation where they decide who's the front end and who's the back! lol
Judge Markway with a light saber is a brilliant image as is Richard Castle with no hair AND a lake of chocolate. Just another day in the Castle household? :P
I really loved SG-1 so having a crossover, of sorts, with Castle is indeed EPIC!
I think what I love most about this story is that it's unexpected - there are so many similar and almost cliché story lines but this is truly unique.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Great story :) can u make it a multichap ?
Shutterbug5269 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
A fascinating comedy of errors with some serious Castle angst and just the right amount of Alexis style funny.

Fortunately I live on higher ground and avoided the worst of the storm. No snow to speak of either. Though I think there were some flurries in the Adirondacks.
Mark C chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I really enjoyed this one.

I thought did an excellent job with having Rick and Kate's relationship being 'outed', at least to the people at the 12th. How you had Gates react was surprising.

The costumes were great. Then everything changed when Rick accidentally hit Kate. Right then and there, I knew they were going to the hospital even though Kate was saying that she was fine. You showed Rick's guilt very well but also how much he cared for Kate's well being to take care of her.

Loved the stories he was making up while they waited in Emergency.

When they came back to the loft, I liked how you had things going while they were gone. When he got Kate settled in bed, it was nice to see Alexis appear and explain to her father what happened. Now that was pretty good. I liked how the boys watched out for Alexis, very sweet. Also, it was nice of her to take care of cleaning the loft up and leaving her dad to take care of Kate. Was not surprised that Rick would have to make it up to Alexis and she was already planning on that.

The ending was sweet especially the last line to the story which suited the title to this tale.

Excellent job.
Deb838 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Ouch, having suffered the indignity of broken nose... I sympathise with Kate Beckett :)
That was my review for the competition & I've repeated them for all the stories that were re-posted.

But, you've extended this considerably and while I'm still unknowledgeable about all the sci-fi references, I really enjoyed the story (despite the broken nose & associated horror memories) :)
Onelife30 chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Great story!
blue252 chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I love the different spin you put on this Halloween fic! I was totally not expecting poor Kate to get bashed in the nose but it's so perfectly something that would happen to Castle. And then of course he gets to be all cute and sad and take care of her. :)