Reviews for Monster, I am
song of the hummingbird chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
unique, wonderful idea, I never considered it from this perspective before. I really enjoyed reading this :)
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Love this so much.
— deanna
SarenaApollo'sFury chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
It kind of makes me think of how it would feel when Dumbledore doesn't come back anymore, this is really good especially about an inanimate object. 3
nerdyninjaunicorn chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
The Mirror of Erised always facinated me, and its interesting to see what it thinks of itself. Though I must say, I feel sorry for it.
DarkDramaLady chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This is really interesting, something that I have never seen, very unique.

I like it!
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I really liked this. It was a really interesting idea, the Mirror of Erised feeling guilty, and you wrote it well. You also made a good point as to how much trouble it can cause. Good job!
tricorvus chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Damn! SO good! Never occurred to me to think of the Mirror's POV. That YOU did, says something good about you.
Being A Wallflower chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
To begin with, I wasn't sure if I liked the whole 'first person from a mirror POV, but it kind of grew on me. And the idea that the Mirror sees itself as a murderer? Never considered that before. I like it though! And the idea that Dumbledore is the only one who understands it. Your language is brilliant - it's complex but it's still perfectly understandable. I'm a little intrigued by the 'creator' as well. I thought it ended a little abruptly though, but that may just be personal opinion. Well done and keep writing!
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
It was the fact that you'd wrote about the Mirror of Erised that caught my eye here. :)

This is tragic in its own little way and quite saddening because the mirror cannot control how it captures and destroys people. It can't stop people, no matter how much it wants to, from looking into the depths of themselves. Then Dumbledore appears and its problems are halted as a sensible man as helped him show people things but yet not enticed them as Albus warns them away.

Oh my - I've just got a deep insight into the feelings of a mirror. :P

It's a beautiful write; I very much enjoyed reading this. Ami x
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Interesting; I never thought of the mirror having thoughts and feelings too. Then again, as an enchanted object like the Sorting Hat, it could have a mind of its own.

I liked the addition of the creator of the mirror. It might be also be good to explain why the creator would make a mirror which showed everyone's desires? Was he bored? Did he just want to experiment? I think the reason would make the fic more interesting.

Anyway, this was a lovely read, good job!
Montley chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I really like this story because it is a completely new outlook on the Mirror of Erised. It is actually a bit depressing seeing this outlook, but I really liked it. It is sad how the mirrors "life" went on a downward tumble right from the beginning. I never really thought about the Mirror giving false hope. It was so good! I love this! I also didn't catch any mistakes in grammar/spelling and you included great imagery in this short story.
Amazing ***
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Wow, this is a fascinating idea. I like how the mirror starts off hating itself for all that time until Dumbledore intervenes, and then feels so much better about everything. It's so short, but it feels like a journey. You've given a mirror such human emotions - I love the feeling of helplessness we get - and the writing is absolutely gorgeous; I don't even know what it is about it, but it's just beautiful. :)
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Ooh, nice idea. Have you thought of doing Ralinde's Non-Human Character Boot-Camp? This would really nicely fit into that.

Ooh, greedy eyes. Nice touch.

[And I remember every last face and each desire.] - for some reason I feel it would be more effective as "each last face and every desire". Every is already encompassing and each is talking about singular, so I think it works best like that.

That bit about the creator was well placed. As was the reluctance that spoke through. It makes it sentient, almost human in a sense, as well as nicely showing off the weaknesses in humankind. And I like the allusion of Dumbledore and his desire, to bring back Arianna and apologise to her, and his wisdom and age while contrasted with the image of him putting on the and falling into the mirror's trap. A nice sense of irony there. And the friendship-allusion is such a sweet touch.
Alarice Tey chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
That was one big piece of glory. Wonderful. The story was like a wave movement, which I liked. It started with self-loath and ended with appreciation - a very satisfying end. Oh, and I liked that you wrote about Albus Dumbledore, and the way you wrote about him, so true. Well done!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
This is so unique! I've never, ever seen anything like this and I really love this little drabble here. Well done! I like the little inclusion about the creator of the mirror and how he, too, submitted to the mirror's "curse". I also like seeing how the mirror regards Albus Dumbledore. A very unique piece, I love it! :D