Reviews for Salvage
Catnip Yawn chapter 19 . 7/5
Ohmygoodness. Words cannot do this any more justice. It's beautiful in a dark way, and cliche as that sounds it's completely true. I love the second-person perspective for the child. It really helps get into the way it thinks- it believes in what it's doing so much, it feels so justified- and I found myself feeling for it so much as I read.

also. the great Nathaniel Morgan. priceless.
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 20 . 3/5
Oh wow, I love the chatty sableye here. Brilliant. I do wonder how it was able to survive mewtwo's psychic attack, being part dark-type like the houndoom, but just a minor detail really.
Person chapter 20 . 2/22
I just wanted to say that I've been following Salvage for a long time and I find it to be not just underrated but also under-appreciated.

The protagonist is very compelling and so, so alien. It's fascinating to watch it be so flippant about completely extraordinary things and so confused and amazed by things that would be completely ordinary—at least to a normal human. It's also amusing to watch its pokémon be consistently more "human" than it is.

This chapter was packed with a lot more action than I would've ever expected. Thank you for writing such a great story over the years. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next!
dragoncreators chapter 19 . 1/15
So deliciously twisted, such a horrific tragedy. At the moment, I'm practically lost for words, next chapter I promise I'll say more.

Sorry, I'm really tired, I've had a long day.

Anyway, even if it is so alien, I really love this story. It is really unique, and it is very fascinating... I love all these tragic monsters of characters. In the best way, of course.

Much love,
Aurora
Red Zeppelin chapter 7 . 9/22/2014
Wow! This is certainly a different story; I'm intrigued to see where this is going. You're writing is very good, but I expected that after reading Clouded Sky.

The use of second-person perspective is interesting, but I think you pulled it off quite well. I actually think it works quite well within the confines of the story, what with the main character being a shapeshifter (or something of the sorts).

I'm having trouble determining what the main character is. At first I thought it was Mew, who was transforming into the bodies of these dead trainers. But then you said the main character was neither human nor pokemon. Now I don't know what to think. This isn't a criticism by the way because I have a feeling you'll answer this question later on in the story. I do like the backstory you gave to the main character to, and I'm also intrigued by the powers it has.

Absol is an interesting character. I do like how you made him omniscient; it's nice seeing normal pokemon having awesome powers as most fanfics often give those to the legendaries.

Interesting story. I'm gonna go read more.
dragoncreators chapter 17 . 8/31/2014
Mewtwo doesn't play well with others ;)

Love the story, hanging onto every word and chapter :D
soulwinds chapter 16 . 7/31/2014
Really enchanting story you have here, even in the parts i find myself lost, you somehow always keep me reading on the edge of my seat.
Dropling chapter 16 . 7/30/2014
Ohhhh... I get it now!

The child is actively avoiding negative emotions like grief, fear and regret by changing its brain structure to be less prone to them, and the natural consequence of that was that it lost a lot of its empathy, compassion and personality. That's why it's so overconfident and self-centered! Why it had trouble understanding obvious social cues and context that it should have already learnt from its previous life... *That's* why it's showing such textbook symptoms of sociopathy! It's a psychological self-defense mechanism!

At the start I had wondered why its narration and speech seemed to be so flat and lacking in affect. I figured that maybe pokemon were like that, but the child's pokemon turned out to have more personality than IT had, so that wasn't the case. And now I know!
WyldClaw chapter 2 . 7/29/2014
what a great chapter
Anon chapter 15 . 7/3/2014
You wrote that huge fight scene very well! It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I can't wait to see what happens next!
That-Other-One chapter 14 . 6/4/2014
Ooh. Has the Great Nathaniel Morgan (hehe) called for backup?
dragoncreators chapter 13 . 6/2/2014
Effin amazing. I have no idea how you managed to write from such a creatures perspective so darn well. It was fantastic!
dragoncreators chapter 14 . 6/2/2014
Ooh. I can't wait until next chapter! This is an awesome story!
Pure Gamer chapter 2 . 5/16/2014
Hello again!

Another great chapter. You have something amazing on your hands! Can't wait to continue.

Keep writing
Pure Gamer chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
Wow, just wow! Soooo much awesomeness in this chapter, I absolutely loved it.

Also, your writing in amazing! And so, extremely captivating, I couldn't stop reading. Nicely done! I have nothing more to say than compliments! Bravo.

You said "You left Pallet Town on the morning of May third," and Fanfiction says you updated last on May Third, weird! But good weird. Heh.

Anyways, really cool start, I can't really tell where this is going to go, and that really excites me and urges me to continue! NICELY DONE.

Keep writing!