Reviews for Salvage
OldSchoolJohto chapter 24 . 9/16
Beeeg laugh at the “I am not your friend.” Delightful.

[He's young, maybe started with his trainer a year or two ago. ]
Interesting bit of world-building.

[Now you have a minute and a half before Carlos Wright can withdraw Lucario himself.]
This is such a good idea! A lot can happen in a minute.

[But if Carlos Wright was going to switch—has it been that long already?]
The child gained .5 insight into their own arrogance.

[What the f—what?]
Part of me is wondering if he’s reining in his infamous f-bombs to avoid getting a yellow card. :D

[It's time for everyone to see just how strong you are.]
Uh oh. This will end well.

[not even thinking, letting your instincts handle that.]
This really does sum it up.

[The great Nathaniel Morgan's face is set in a grim expression. "I said you're out. Get off the fu—ieeeld. Get off the field." He jerks his head towards the referee.]
Confirmed! Amazing. God I love Nate.

[spraying down the hairline cracks Lucario's aura sphere left behind. They glow the deep orange of molten rock for a few seconds,]
:D

[I got eight fucking badges, you asshole. You gonna obey me or not?"]
I love both this twist on game canon and how quick Nate is to own the two badges the child actually earned lol.

[That's why you gotta fight smart, see? You don't open with your best attack, you make them think you got nothing, you make them think they got you on the run, and when their guard's down, when you see the moment, that's when you hit them with every fucking thing you got, understand? You gotta make it count."]
This is a really good sell on why someone as seedy as Nate is actually quite good at legal battles!

[They should mind their own business."
"Tell me about it," the great Nathaniel Morgan says]
Bond...ing? (Upside-downy face.)

[Oh, it was a long time ago. With my other trainer."
"Oh." The great Nathaniel Morgan goes very still. "Your, uh, other trainer."]
!

[They snap closed on empty air, and a dark squiggle zips down the side of the couch and across the floor. ]
Very nice. I was just wondering about her, so I think the timing of her reappearance is apt.

[Graveler rips up a hunk of floor. She transmutes it to rock]
Ooh good way to justify earthy attacks indoors.

[Most certainly, Lazurite-eyes." Eskar drops lightly to the floor. "And I look forward to working with you. And you." She nods to Graveler, who's still watching her closely with rock in hand. "And you." Her head snaps around 180 degrees to face Raticate, who's lurking behind her in the dark. ]
I giggled really evilly out loud.

[tears stream from his eyes and he gasps for breath between bouts of uncontrollable giggles.
"Oh God, that hurts," he wheezes. "Goddamn. Fuck me. Oh, fuck me."]
Nate is having a long, weird nightmare.

A ghost-type will really help on this team that’s so fucked against fighting-types! Excited to see how Eskar changes the dynamic.
Sike Saner chapter 43 . 9/14
Raaaaaaaaaaaats. :D Very good to see her again. And Steelix, too!

Meanwhile, damn. Kid just stone cold does not give a shit about the potential scope of Mewtwo's killing spree, huh. I imagine that might have more than a little to do with the fact that trauma from the last time he was around is quite a lot closer and fresher than any of his "nameless" victims would be, no matter how many there are. That said, a lot of real-life people kind of suck at giving a shit about anyone outside their immediate circle, so there's that, too.
Sike Saner chapter 42 . 9/13
Okay, heal pulse actually smelling nice is a detail that would never have occurred to me. I love it.

Anyway, Lance sure is a fucked-up dude! Not the exact same sort as Mewtwo, and with (probably?) nowhere near the body count, but still. Scary guy in his own right, there.

Seeing queenly majesty in action was neat, meanwhile. Again, good to see unusual abilities applied to this medium.
Sike Saner chapter 41 . 9/13
"Koga's idea". So he suspected the master ball would work all along. (Granted, he didn't get quite what he expected, but.)

Anyway, capture balls malfunctioning is a fun topic with some great horror potential, and the results were certainly gruesome here! Good thing the kid has a healing factor. And Will has something with heal pulse.

Also "the utter confidence of the completely wrong" is an excellent phrase.
Sike Saner chapter 40 . 9/12
Duskull playing with the little pikachu toy is so effing cute. Hell, Duskull is cute in general, let's be real.

I'll bet Koga had an interesting look on his face after "Jade" grabbed that ball, haha. Feldhorn's was probably even better.
Sike Saner chapter 39 . 9/12
Now how am I only just figuring out that the pressure Mewtwo gives off is literally the pressure ability? What a rad touch. It's cool to see how some of the weirder abilities work in fiction.

The dark ways are appropriately weird, otherly and familiar at the same time. And a nice little avenue for foreshadowing, of course. RIP that house.

Also Mewtwo is a terrifying mfer, and I certainly hope that I never know anyone like him personally, even without the godlike psychic clone powers.
Sike Saner chapter 38 . 9/11
Holy pants. What Mewtwo showed Nate has got to be THE most vicious glee I have ever seen out of any living being, fictional or otherwise. It's not every day that somebody gets a verbal (or "verbal") lashing while being laughed at by the very same person at the very same time.

Also, Mewtwo using the fuck-word is weirdly delightful somehow.
Sike Saner chapter 37 . 9/11
Damn. That ball might as well have contained the world's smallest trombone playing the world's smallest wah-wahhhh. It really punctuates how great the hunt for Steelix isn't going for the kid. Ah well, if nothing else, it's a free poké ball, I suppose!

Anyway, it was great to see more Onix! :D I like that guy. Nice, chill, good-natured snek.
Sike Saner chapter 36 . 9/10
Loved the onix. :D The way they do long-distance communication is rad, very befitting big ol' rock snakes.

Meanwhile that sandwich sounded ghastly, lol. Nate did the right thing passing it up.

Also I may just have to swipe "eat my entire ass" for my personal vocabulary. What a great line.
Mal chapter 43 . 9/4
Dang. I just new it'd end there. Such a good chapter.
Mal chapter 42 . 9/4
Damn. I...I...

wow.

My reviews are inadequate. You've given me quite a lot to ponder.
Mal chapter 41 . 9/4
Now it know's what it's like to be in a ball, well, sort of... How scary, though. I felt all its sadness, and boardom and lonelyness... and its rage. You're such a damn good writer.
Mal chapter 40 . 9/3
o.m.g! I expected a trap, but not thaaaaaat. Wow. Oh no.

This chapter was wonderfully vivid.
Mal chapter 39 . 9/3
I am speachless. That was intense.
Mal chapter 38 . 9/3
Oh fuck. this chapter was... was...heavy.