Reviews for Nuzlocke: Blood and Bond
japaneserockergirl chapter 73 . 10/10
Just finished Blood and Bond this morning (after, what, 2 years? Oh my God...), and I have to say that this ending has got to be one of the most heart-wrenching ones I've ever read in my entire life. I'm grateful for Saylee's and the others' resiliency, though. They're so strong. I feel so sad that Red never got to see the badass that Saylee became or learn about Silver. Hopefully, he's in a better place...

Onto Calamity Falls! (Here's hoping it isn't as sad!)

Kawaiikid223 chapter 5 . 11/16/2014
This might as well be Hetalia considering all the accents. Nice run by the way, I wish I could be a great writer like you
The Transform Queen Genevieve chapter 15 . 6/22/2014
I'm kinda confused were Georgia and Wendy lesbian lovers?
Princess Kassie chapter 63 . 4/14/2014
Great story can't wait to read the rest
Song chapter 74 . 3/20/2014
Oh, I'd forgotten all about the Kanto starter you get in SoulSilver. That's perfect. :)

I only found this fic around the time that Silver learned that Saylee was his sister, but it's been quite a ride. All the ups and downs... especially Kanto. I've loved following this story, getting to know the people within and exploring the world you've created! What worldbuilding! Even the downtime chapters between the Radio Tower and challenging Pryce were wholly fascinating to me because I was so enjoying learning more about Johto and its occupants. (On the subject of worldbuilding, it might pay to put the list of alternate day/month names that you have on the Nuzlocke Forums up here somewhere, since the references to Darnua and such are kind of hard to follow otherwise.)

The avatar idea was really a stroke of genius, BTW. I really realize this now, going into the Emerald Nuzlocke. The Calamity Calls prologue makes it clear that Saylee's motivation to continue journeying to new regions (having lost her old motivation of finding Red) is going to be her obligation as the avatar guide, which is a really logical reason considering the plots of the games to come. The story lines of the games basically revolve around legendaries from here on out. Long gone are the days where you could play an entire game and never so much as see one. But the avatar thing is more than just a plot device to move her from region to region, and it's more than just a fresh and interesting take on the plot of the main series games-although I appreciate that aspect, too. As the avatar protector/guide she's still a hero, no doubt, but it's not on her to awaken/battle/capture the box legendary every single time. She's close in on the action because she needs to be at the avatar's side, but the legendary is still there for that person, not her. It's a good balance of being important without coming across like the whole Pokéverse revolves around her.

Cheers! Whenever chapter one of Calamity Calls goes up, I'll be there.
WyldClaw chapter 74 . 3/20/2014
That was simply a wonderful incredible ending to an outstanding series!
In The Forest chapter 74 . 3/20/2014
Can't wait for afterstory and new arc, but I will miss this one. I think it was so sweet you gave Chip a second life by sending him with his family. I tried playing TypeLocke on Emerald and I haven't picked it up since my Marshtomp died...
TacticianLyra chapter 74 . 3/20/2014
I'll be waiting for the next one!
zackattack999 chapter 74 . 3/20/2014
Good story. Very good story. I'm glad you're continuing it with the help of someone. I am excited to read calamity Calls. Maxie and Archie will make for very interesting characters in a post-apocalyptic scenario, and I hope you continue it to platinum and beyond!
Mikey chapter 73 . 3/14/2014
Hi, thanks for keeping me entertained for so long, I was really gutted that that's how you chose to finish the story. Kind if seems a shame all things considered, after all Roark is the avatar of Ho-oh, the resurrection pokemon, is there no way he could have saved red?

Also, I hope we get an explanation of why red chose to head over the mountains to jhoto instead of following the previously damaged but relatively intact train line, something like a super weapon hidden up there. I can't personally think of any good reason for him to go to such a barren place. In regards to his pokemon, specifically Ben, I can't recall any other bulbasaur or it's evolutions ever being mentioned in this universe. Does this mean that Ben was the last of it's species and is it now extinct?

I know I'm being picky here but I really was hoping for a happy ending to it all but I guess I understand that you couldn't justify Red killing any of Saylee's pokemon

Sorry if I've sounded complaining, I really have loved your work, the safest part is that it's at an end
Zack chapter 13 . 3/12/2014
Or read any fanfic ever made about silver.
Zack chapter 7 . 3/12/2014
1v1, Togepi vs. Abomasnow. Fireblast. Missed. Next move: Heat Wave. I laughed so hard.
zackattack999 chapter 62 . 3/13/2014
I need to point this out. Roark does not have red hair, at least if you mean the rock type gym leader from sinnoh.
PikaBulbasaur chapter 73 . 3/12/2014
Wow. You are seriously a brilliant writer. These past two chapters I was so captivated-completely sucked in. I was heartbroken about Red, I was wondering about him since I read After Armageddon. And then... and then...

But actually, I feel like you resolved it in the best way. It was unrealistic to assume the best, yet I did, and it hurt. The frozen Charizard and the fingers... I shuddered. Also, in terms of characters/character development you are the most skilled author I have seen on the site. Great job, I look forward to more of your stories.

P.S: I am also a Doctor Who fan. I like you even better now.
In The Forest chapter 73 . 3/12/2014
This is a mourning chapter isn't it? This is sad. Will either Perun or Eric join Blue's or Lee's team?