Reviews for The Burning of Snowmen
RoseLight chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
The warmth of spring and friendship banish the cold and lonely winter.
MargaretLattany chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Unknown rites of spring - Ukrainian style. We live and learn. And this was a nice turnabout, thanking Napoleon for being eyes into Illya's new life.
alynwa chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
This is very sweet and I'm with Napoleon: I've never seen this done either!
MLaw chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
This was absolutely wonderful. Thanks for making me smile; a good beginning after some bad days!
laurose chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
It's a great story from word one to word last; and that last 'Welcome to America.' twist!

I particularly gloat over '"...This is the symbolic uprising of the people against the uncaring winter weather and sending it on its way."'

Very heart warming and thawing.
firefalle chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
What fun! I looked it up before leaving this review and was delighted to find that March 20th is "The National Snowman Burning Day"! (According to LSSU Lake Superior State University.) Illya has the spirit of the celebration. I'm glad he let Napoleon in on the not so secret event.
Great story.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Love this! Sounds like a custom worth repeating, especially after a long winter.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Willing to bet Ilya made it up, and either picked an area with bonfires or bribed some of the locals into cooperating.
jkkitty1 chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Love the custom, never heard of it before. Will need to look it up. Thanks, love learning about cultural things