Reviews for Scenes from the Best Enemies Series
Joyce Mayne chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Really? Smaug now the ghost get a story? This series is moving further and further away from the characters I liked on the show. Time to say goodbye I think.
noncynic chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
So Sheki had seen the Lady in White before, but was this the first time Helen spoke to her? She handled it rather well. Nice Read.
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I'm glad now that I did. I forget how Helen died, but there was a romance involved I think.
My sister is sensitive to ghosts (she tells me, and anecdotal evidence backs her up) and I can see this happening to her as a girl.
It's interesting that, on reflection, Helen has decided she isn't ready to go yet. There is too much of the world to learn about.
Can Helen leave the house and go places with Sheki, or is she "stuck"?
King in Yellow chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
In reference to the review by A Markov, I thought I'd mention that Helen has spoken in several stories. To the best of my memory (i.e. I'm not checking for certain) the first story in which she spoke was Fears and Favors - which was a title taken from A Markov (a little surprised he forgot that one). The most recent story was Nothing Can Go Worng, in which she alerts Sheki and Hana to what has happened to Kim and Shego. Her most substantial role has been in Spook Chasers, where Helen is a major character, along with Sheki and Helen, when a television crew comes to film an episode of a show which purports to find ghosts at the Possible home. The details of this scene were firmly in my mind as I wrote Spook Chasers, but there was no way to work it into the back story.
A Markov chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
This is an interesting piece of the BE universe puzzle and one that I've been curious about so I'm glad you tackled it. However, Helen is insubstantial (as a character not just as a ghost.) and since she's the driving force in this scene it is hard to find an empathy point. I believe this is the first time we've "heard" Helen speak and that detracts somewhat from her mythos. I would have liked to see this as a conversation/action between the twins with Sheki relaying Helen's words to Kasy (With Kasy providing the reader's frame of reference in the story) and the two of them figuring out what to do and how to do it.

All that aside, I always enjoy these little slices of everyday life in Possible Manor.

Alex.
zarien chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
nice job
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I've been waiting for this one for a long time.
22 | « Prev Page 1 2