Reviews for When Ruth Said No
I know I'm not the only one to say it, but... Love it!
pro patria mori chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Hear! Hear! I couldn't agree with your forward more. The whole series was a farce!
The writers deemed it fit to give both Harry and Ruth a complete character by-pass, and the Russians were like a 'reds under the bed' 50's Hollywood movie baddies. Apart from Sacha...he just was as bewildered as the rest of us!
I always thought the writers messed up that scene, in the car, when Ruth admitted that she was jealous...Harry's reaction, nothing...nada. Unbelievable!

Anyhoo, I love your stories, please keep 'em coming, they're wonderful! Thankyou
threesummerdays chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
This was wonderful! I know Ruth loves Harry and that's why she says yes to everything, but really? I'm glad you went in the direction of her actually saying what she should have said the whole time. And the cottage was beautiful. It's just fantastic.
PhoenixFeathers4 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Beautifully written and very insightful. I wish that this really happened for them. Thanks for writing this, I really enjoyed reading it!
4ruth chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Historically the Harry-Elena affair made no sense. Obviously, the KGB and perhaps the Stasi knew about it. We are meant to believe that the CIA and MI5/MI6 did not suspect anything. The writers/producers made Harry look like a fool who had been tricked by a Russian agent for 30 years. Kudos killed Ruth and to boot Harry’s character.

What an apt description of Harry in s10: “she's not sure she'd be able to put Humpty together again.” I don’t think that Harry blamed an exiled Ruth for living with George. He himself was far from perfect during his marriage. It’s a great idea to have Ruth show Harry her dream house and the reality of a life together so that they were no longer at the Gavriks' mercy.
HR always live on chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Glad they got their dream. Wonderful to read. Great story.
Abigal chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
If only this could have been the ending,
Desert-Blues chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Nice little oneshot! If only...
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Perfect. Beautifully written, well done.
Sparky75 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Really lovely and enjoyable story - I disagree with you, I think this is one of the best things you've written.
Ashley chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
This was great, I loved how Ruth took charge and saved them both from the dreadful ending the 'real' writers came up with. Woud love to read more if you have the time or inclination to continue it...
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Thanks for sharing ! This is wonderful, why wasn't this possible in the series ? Harry and Ruth deserved an ending like this, a bit of personal happiness after all the sacrifices they made.
Nimax1 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Season 10 was awful in cOnception. The only thing that saved it was a dedicated and loyal fan base and the masterful acting of PF and NW. The whole Gavrik thing was totally stupid. A C or D student's idea of Chekhov. Now this story on the other hand is a wonderful alternative. Would be nice to see an epilogue.
theoofoof chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Beautiful! The title had me worried...I wondered what she was going to say no to. But I had no need to be scared; this was an excellent fic. Well done! Hope to see more from you soon.
shestarsky chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
This was quite lovely. I can see it happening, a much better ending than the official version.