Reviews for Double-edged Sword
Riptide33 chapter 9 . 4/13
Yulier is a girl, anyway great chapter.
Pie-Files-Of-The-Parenormal chapter 12 . 9/22/2020
Speaking of Vancouver America has its own Vancouver, just north of Portland Oregon is Vancouver Washington
Elle4Life chapter 15 . 9/3/2020
HE’S GONNA FIGHT HIM?!
Elle4Life chapter 10 . 9/3/2020
Silica dead?!
Elle4Life chapter 2 . 9/1/2020
Damn this story is fire
darkmonger127 chapter 2 . 5/31/2020
As for the AN about the orange and red players, it's probably because the Kirito's cursor was forcibly changed by Kayaba, rather than as a result of him actually committing a crime, so he'd not be restricted by the same penalties that other orange players have. Also, a red cursor dictates a monster. If you commit a crime, no matter how bad, your cursor will be orange. They are just called "red players" to differentiate between players that commit non-lethal crimes, and player-killers, or in SAO, murderers.
kingalfred9 chapter 11 . 3/31/2020
Noooooo. Why!
Aren serathy chapter 3 . 2/21/2020
Vorpoal hare
Killer rabbit of cerbanog!
ColonelJay chapter 17 . 2/16/2020
Wow.

Uh, I'm ACTUALLY speechless.

Good job author!
Kairan1979 chapter 17 . 11/6/2019
I liked your story.
Frank chapter 17 . 10/31/2019
Bro this is so good and detailed. I bet u took your time on this fanfic. I’m rating this a 9.5/10.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/27/2019
I need to destroy a few things right now...then I'll read the next chapter
Estavius chapter 7 . 6/14/2019
I still find it rather aggravating that Argo was cut from the anime, in a world where Kirito is otherwise free to run rampant as the lordly wish fulfillment device that can only ever be knocked down by a hacker, admin, or someone littered with death flags.
TeeTohr chapter 17 . 2/12/2019
Out of curiosity what is the message that was cut in the ending?
Ash the Aura Guardian chapter 17 . 10/18/2018
This was honestly the most incredible alternate ending I've ever seen for SAO. Of course, I'm glad the series continued...I've read some of the novels, and Alicization is absolutely gonna blow the rest of SAO straight outta the water. But the way you wrote this...it was nothing short of magnificent. Every moment felt so impactful, and I love how every single one of Kirito's friends contributed something important towards ending the game. Then Kirito's personal feelings towards the game, the despair of living in this reality and then coming to accept it...I think it makes for a great 'coming of age' story. Plus, through the despair there's also some hope left over.

Now, I know you probably imagined the story ending with Kirito discarding the World Seed. But since you've left the ending open, I'd like to imagine that Kirito was finally able to use this gift to help, rather than harm humanity. After all, there's a reason people turn to escapism; it truly is important, and in the world of SAO there are many people who've benefitted from it. Sinon is one example that comes to mind. Plus, there are the numerous benefits it can bring to almost every single field imaginable, like medicine, engineering...even giving people like Zekken and Agil the ability to enjoy a fuller life. Simply put, it's perhaps the next step in our evolution as a species. I believe Kirito is too much of a hero to let it go, but perhaps not naive enough to give it away for free. In a way, he will step up and become a hero in the truest sense; the hero that Kayaba could never be. That's how I see it, and perhaps the way Kayaba saw it as well.

As for Asuna, I personally feel like the character we knew from SAO might've died with the game. She never got to keep her growth from all those life-changing experiences, and maybe she just wants to forget the whole thing as if it was a nightmare. I believe this makes her one of the most tragic characters here. Unlike the others, she didn't gain anything from her experience; all she did was run away and hide. She lost two years of her life and so much more, suffering against everything...only to get nothing out of it. I would say the way you handled her during the end is the weakest point of your story, but maybe that conveys just another aspect of the way people handle life; some people just weren't cut out for greatness. In the end, she lost her strength, her convictions and the love of a truly special person. While this was Kirito's coming-of-age story, it was also Asuna's tragedy.

In the end, I'd just like to say this was a great story. While I think some of the choices you made were questionable towards the end (and I personally think Asuna's about-face is a character regression of the highest order), I still think everything that happened had some sort of purpose to it. Good work.