Reviews for The One That Couldn't
Manavie chapter 2 . 11/17/2014
:D I loved your author's note rants. Sam is pretty much the most underrated character in the show and he constantly get hate from majority of Dean!fans regardless what he do. I didn't read the reviews you got so I wouldn't get worked up myself.

I really liked your Dean's POV. This shed a new light to me and I can sympathize along with Dean. I really didn't like Dean in the first half of S8, I skipped and started after mid finale. I love both Dean and Sam equally and defend them the same. But Dean just got to me really badly during S8 and this did really help me to have a better understanding of him.

In the beginning of the S8 they both hurt each other a lot but in the end they both got themselves back together. Sam chose Dean over Amelia in the end after all. That's what I love about them. They go through so much together but eventually they always find each other.

One more thing regarding Stanford. I think what they drew them apart is pride. Sometimes it doesn't matter how close and strong the bond between two people, they just pride come in between them. (Knowing by experience) And sorry for the lengthy rant!
MarieAlexander chapter 2 . 10/26/2014
Thank you for sticking up for Sam. One thing about Dean's childhood ending when he was four. I get that his childhood would have been forever altered, and his father was no longer one to throw a baseball with him in the backyard. But in the episode in which Sam learns about the supernatural Dean days their dad would be back for Christmas "just like he always [was]," which means that was a turning point. That was when John started being even more absent in his sons' lives, which meant Dean had had more time with him than Sam. Yeah, he also had more responsibility, but he also had more of his dad in the first twelve years of his life than Sam ever had.
Just something that bugs me sometimes.
MarieAlexander chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Hear hear. Well said.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/17/2014
I like you, and I like this :)
Amy Yocom chapter 2 . 10/12/2013
I do think it is fair to assume Sam didn't try to get Dean out of Purgatory. But this chapter is much more balanced. nice perspective. If it wasn't for the AN I'd assume that you planned the chapter in advance.
Amy Yocom chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
See I totally agree with you that Dean is being an ass, BUT Dean promised Sam that He would try to live a normal life w/Lisa and Ben. That was the only reason Dean gave up Hunting. And even then He tried to get Sam out. You seem to be ignoring that in this fic.
bluecharlotte chapter 2 . 8/22/2013
After reading what you said about the reviews I couldn't read them. It'd just make me more pissed. So I'll settle for thanking you for writing this. I can't believe so many people in the fandom actually hate on Sam, both in season 8 and earlier, when Dean was already doing it so much. All Sam has ever done was try to do right by Dean, and when he spent that time with Amelia it was literally the same thing that Dean did after Season 5, only he didn't research because he THOUGHT DEAN WAS ACTUALLY DEAD. I know you know this, but I had to rant. Thanks for being awesome. :)
anon chapter 2 . 7/2/2013
Sammy.
That's all
xDarkDesiresLightx chapter 2 . 3/22/2013
I really liked this whole story both pov's I agree with you about how Sam would do anything for dean case in point.. swan song! I love both Winchesters and I think they need each other... not one more so then the other. I really liked this thank you for writing it:)
Samstruck chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
man! People shouldn't review so badly! A piece of literature is unique in it's own way! We all should know that and not criticize it! Every story has it's flaws! Nothing is perfect{ 'cept for Supernatural! ;) } I am a Dean and Sam girl, I just can't choose b/w them and that makes me see every story differently! Perks of being Winchester girl I guess! But people shouldn't be so rude! If they don't like the piece they should shove their hatred where the sun doesn't shine!
I say that Sam really felt bad! Up until the recent episode 'Man's Best Friend with Benefits' But not as much as he did till Torn and Frayed and I love these episode a little more for that!. Both the brothers showed their love for each other in 'Trial and Error' which is why I love that episode the most! I even felt good when Dean said he believed in Sam in the 'Man's best friend with benefits!' "OKAY THIS IS BECOMING TOO LONG AND WAY OUT OF THE TOPIC FOR A REVIEW! SORRY!)
Carry on writing!
-Warm regards
CoolCatz14 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
OMG! I love that little one shot! I totally agree with you! I love dean and all ,but overall Sam had suffered more than dean in the long run! I don't believe that Sam never looked for dean though, it just doesn't make sense. αnnα!
Guest chapter 2 . 12/2/2012
Coo! Brownie point to you for putting up with the flack. Don't people get it's a story? Seems to me there's some strange kinda people out there. I like the fact that you've taken Sam's POV, even though I guess I'd count as being more for Dean. Stick to your guns! Those that can't cope don't need to read.

Chick xx
xxDodo chapter 2 . 11/5/2012
*tackle glomps deano cuz its his turn* OHMYGOD I LOVE BOTH OF THEM SO MUCH WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE HAPPY D:
I agree that Deano is trying to realize that Sam's growing up...he's taking the feelings that John should have had aw. And I'm sure there's more to it about his own messed up life and he just wants something constant *huggles him*
I don't understand people who absolutely hate one bro and love the other *shakes head* *huggles them both*
Oh and as for season 6 Sam, I think people are actually STILL holding a grudge cuz he lost his soul and didn't know what he was doing -.- C'mon, it wasn't his fault, and he was fucking TERRORIZED BY LUCIFER and he just felt awful about everything.
*cuddles them both again*
xxDodo chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
*cuddles SAMMY* Ohmygosh THIS! Poor Sammy crying andand worrying and dude yeah I mean Deano went through a lot but he's acting like he doesn't care or have faith in Sammy at all :(
Dude, you are so right, like there HAS to be more to the story! It's been five eps you presumptous freaks, don't write the amazingly enduring guy off like that! :( Jerks.
Ooh and I'm sorry about the late reviewing and PM'ing, my family took a vacay to California! I assumed I'd be able to keep up with epic shit like this but *pokes clock* time flies...Sorry; here now!
*pounces ahead* o: there's moar :D
LuciLucifer chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Brilliant...this is simply brilliant. And because I love and agree with this so much I'll just ignore chapter 2 titled Dean.
Hey Dean's great, awesome, but someone needs to cut Sam some slack. He's been trough so much more than Dean, his whole existence is fucked up since before conception, he deserves some loving and happiness.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »